Less meowing on campus?

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/127546.html][B]Campus cats may soon be expelled[/B][/URL], Charlotte Observer

[QUOTE]Diseased cats will be euthanized, said Marlene Hall, [B]director of campus police and public safety[/B].[/QUOTE]

Isn’t she the former Playmate?

I like how she’s the “director” and no longer an official police officer.

No! Terrible idea.

The cats ad culture and ambiance to an otherwise boring and dull campus. Let them stay.

These cat’s can’t be adopted - are these people dumb? They are wild, and don’t know how to interact with humans in a pet fashion.

Such a Charlotte thing to do. “Get rid of these wild creatures and put them in houses!”

as long as they bring some cats back on campus ill be happy

and did anyone else recognize the cat from the picture? i know i did… kinda wierd.

now if they’ll just gas the geese.

Euphamize the cats and geese, right K-town?

No! Terrible idea.

The cats ad culture and ambiance to an otherwise boring and dull campus. Let them stay.

These cat’s can’t be adopted - are these people dumb? They are wild, and don’t know how to interact with humans in a pet fashion.

Such a Charlotte thing to do. “Get rid of these wild creatures and put them in houses!”

I do like how they give us something different since our campus is so boring, but I don’t think they do that much for us. Plus, whatever benefit they have must surely be negated by the fact that these feral cats, just like you said, can’t interact with humans well and very well could cause some kind of problem.

The group will take the cats to veterinarians, who will check them for feline leukemia and [B]feline AIDS[/B].
Plus they could give us AIDS!!

Seriously tho, cats have AIDS? Who knew? What sicko has been doing it with cats!? SCK, I’m looking in your direction… Or maybe it was one of our friends from KSU.

I bet if we had homeless people robbing the dorms, someone here would demand they be allowed to continue because it adds culture.

clt says that feline aids is the number one killer of domestic cats.

I say we box them all up and dump them in UNC-Chapel Hill.

Seriously tho, cats have AIDS? Who knew?

Yeah, this is definitely the main problem with having wild cats running around. I used to know a girl whose family had about 30 or 40 of these things wildly running around their farmland in South Georgia. Then, they had an outbreak of feline aids. All their eyes and noses had gook oozing out of them… so much that their entire faces were soaked. They were all sneezing. Some of them couldn’t see. They all turned into skeleton cats from weight loss, had infections, etc. And, after a while, dead cat carcasses started appearing everywhere. It was disgusting.

How’s that for culture and ambiance?

Not the kind of atmosphere we want at UNC Charlotte. And, I guarantee if no action is taken, this will happen sooner or later.

That or some other disease like rabies which could be worse. If some rabies-infected cat attacked a student, it would be a lawsuit, bad publicity, student having to go through months rounds of shots, etc.

[QUOTE=WBNiner;239293]I say we box them all up and dump them in UNC-Chapel Hill.[/QUOTE]

clt says the unc board of governors would then spend $100m on a unc-ch feline research facility.

some of the cats are friendly. There were two that were very friendly by Scott hall this past year. One would follow my girlfriend around whenever she came outside. It even followed her to her car and jumped in. I wanted to keep it, but I already have a cat and I didn’t really want to pay to have this one checked for disease and neutered.

clt says the unc board of governors would then spend $100m on a unc-ch feline research facility.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And, open it up in Charlotte…

Dubois will be ecstatic: “This is a great day for our community’s cats, and a chance that perhaps we might be able to work with the great UNC-CH is some way, shape, or form… perhaps we can get their coffee.”

They did this same thing back in 2005. They need to get rid of them completely so we can actually look like a decent campus… Now, where’s my emoticon of Norm slaying a cat with his pick?