Lesson??

On the chat board I had an epiphany at the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half. I predicted the team that shot the FEWEST three pointers the rest of the way would win…we started moving the ball and getting it to Curt, while they started bombing away…and we won!!

I THINK THERE’S A LESSON IN THERE SOMEWHERE…and it’s NOT that I’m clairvoyant!

Maybe one of you locals can ask Coach on Lutz Live about our “3 restraint” that coincided with us making our run…

. . . and making the “Free” throw would help a lot, too. I love our team . . . but 62.5 % from the line is not going to win us many games.

A posession where Withers doesn’t touch the ball is a wasted posession.

[QUOTE=Anborn;149220]A [B]halfcourt[/B] posession where Withers doesn’t touch the ball is a wasted posession.[/QUOTE]

fixed. and he needs to demand it more.

[QUOTE=Anborn;149220]A posession where Withers doesn’t touch the ball is a wasted posession.[/QUOTE]

Some comments by the announcers that I thought were “Dead On”

1- “Watch Withers…he’s playing like he doesn’t even want the ball.” AGREED
2- “He’s not posting up…and when he gets the ball, he’s not backing down, he’s turning away.” AGREED
3- “He needs to DEMAND the ball and play like a leader.” AGREED

I love Curt too but he is WASTING his Senior yr. He has had a few solid games but for the most part he is not playing like a leader at all. He has ZERO post moves and refuses (in some games…not all) to post up like a man.

4- “There isn’t one player from St Joes that could start for Charlotte…and they are still in this game.”

Yes. We still suck that bad. We still have games where we show NO heart or PRIDE at all. When we have a less than stellar team, like we do this year, we can’t afford to have that type of attitude…but we do.

We need a leader…badly.

[QUOTE=Tenniner;149186]On the chat board I had an epiphany at the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half. I predicted the team that shot the FEWEST three pointers the rest of the way would win…we started moving the ball and getting it to Curt, while they started bombing away…and we won!![/QUOTE]

I could be wrong (it happened once before in 1985…so it’s possible), but with 10min left we were down 9 and went on a 18-0 run and I don’t remember Curt having anything to do with it.

I do remember we hit 4 3-ptrs (3 in a row) during that stretch though.

I hate the philosophy too but we didn’t change a thing. Curt wasn’t demanding the ball and the only reason we stormed back is that we hit a lot of 3’s. At least we moved the ball well enough to get open 3’s.

The only reason we came back is that St Joes is awful. They went cold and we got hot from 3 in that 6 min stretch.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;149234]I don’t remember Curt having anything to do with it.
[/QUOTE]

He had at least one kick-out for an open 3 pointer if not two, but you are correct that our comeback was due to 3pt shooting, most of them good shots because we were open and had our feet set.

I agree that Curt has shown times where he doesn’t post up like he should but he has also shown time where he [B]does[/B] post up most the time they just shoot a 3 anyway. For 4 years most of Curtis’ touches on offense have come from him getting a rebound, it hasn’t changed this year and that’s not solely his fault.

When Curt touched the ball, we scored and that’s what was happening during our run. He gets doubled every game and he’s been kicking it out more often (other than Xavier game). He does need to post better and take it to the basket BUT he is finally stepping up as a leader, IMO. Offense must run through Curt.