Link to SIU-Charlotte game thread on SalukiTalk

"tennis08tarheels: I can't see what you like about them, but to each his own, I guess."

Looks like the tarheel, I mean Davidson, fan is over on their board trying to get them to hate us. They seem to be ignoring him though. Hey tarheel, I mean Davidson, guy. Quit being a douche, you lost, except it. :weep:

Look, man, let it go. I donā€™t talk a lot of smack, and any that I do talk, I do it before games. I never boast to another teamā€™s fans following a game, win or lose. I have more respect for opponents than that, and for the most part, your fans avoided bragging to us after the game as well (although we both did plenty of talking before the game). So thank you for that. In reference to what I said on the SIU board, I will say that a good bit of the Charlotte fanbase is very rude. Thatā€™s certainly not true for all of you, but in a lot of cases, just a couple of fans can ruin it. The Davidson and SIU fanbases are probably two of the most friendly.

As Iā€™m re-reading your post, I can only see three things you said that are actually trueā€¦
1.) Iā€™m a Davidson fan
2.) I regularly use the SIU board
3.) Davidson lost
Everything elseā€¦is wrong. Iā€™m not a douche, and Iā€™m not trying to get anyone to hate you. And the word you were looking for is accept, not except.
Good luck on the rest of the season, Iā€™ll be rooting for you (except for the SIU game).
:49ers:

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/member.php?u=2888][COLOR=#004c26]tennis08tarheels[/COLOR][/URL] has been on our board for a bit and has yet to cause trouble with anyone.

This comment echoes many on this boardā€¦

I haven't researched the team, so I can only report what I hear on the radio and what limited t.v coverage they get.

-they are young and very athletic
-solid on d
-Goldwire is their top player, he can score in bunches

I know this isnā€™t much of an analysis, but the media really doesnā€™t cover this team. The focus is more on UNC, Duke and Davidson.

Canā€™t wait to see the game in person.

Hahaā€¦

Look, man, let it go. I don't talk a lot of smack, and any that I do talk, I do it before games. I [B]never[/B] boast to another team's fans following a game, win or lose. I have more respect for opponents than that, and for the most part, your fans avoided bragging to us after the game as well (although we both did plenty of talking before the game). So thank you for that. In reference to what I said on the SIU board, I will say that a good bit of the Charlotte fanbase is very rude. That's certainly not true for all of you, but in a lot of cases, just a couple of fans can ruin it. The Davidson and SIU fanbases are probably two of the most friendly.

As Iā€™m re-reading your post, I can only see three things you said that are actually trueā€¦
1.) Iā€™m a Davidson fan
3.) Davidson lost
Everything elseā€¦is wrong. Iā€™m not a douche, and Iā€™m not trying to get anyone to hate you. And the word you were looking for is accept, not except.
Good luck on the rest of the season, Iā€™ll be rooting for you (except for the SIU game).

I have to admit I find it odd that your two picks for teams are these two, thatā€™s not a shot at them, but Iā€™d expect youā€™re alone in your geographic wheel of randomness.

Iā€™m sure you already know this but to the right on the main page is a link to NCAA message boards, go there and you can find the links to Gardner Webb, Farleigh Dickinson, and Marylandā€™s message boards. Sign up now and avoid the holiday rush!

And the word you were looking for is accept, not except.

Thanks man.

Look, man, let it go. I don't talk a lot of smack, and any that I do talk, I do it before games. I [B]never[/B] boast to another team's fans following a game, win or lose. I have more respect for opponents than that, and for the most part, your fans avoided bragging to us after the game as well (although we both did plenty of talking before the game). So thank you for that. In reference to what I said on the SIU board, I will say that a good bit of the Charlotte fanbase is very rude. That's certainly not true for all of you, but in a lot of cases, just a couple of fans can ruin it. The Davidson and SIU fanbases are probably two of the most friendly.

1.) Iā€™m a Davidson fan
3.) Davidson lost

We have stopped trolling your boards, stop trolling ours.

You call us rude, but coming on and talking loads of smack means you come off as a douche, and we are going to be rude to you pretty much as long as you keep posting.

If you would have come on to the board civilly like UpSaluki, it would be different. But no, youā€™re a doucheā€¦

Carry on.

Two things:

1. This tennis tarhole person may have some issuesā€¦ like maybe needing to get a life or maybe finding a team he likes.

2. I cannot believe this quote appeared on their board:

I know this isn't much of an analysis, but the media really doesn't cover this team. The focus is more on UNC, Duke and Davidson.
Where did they get a crazy idea like that from?

(in all honesty, I assume they did not read todayā€™s Charlotte Observer)

Two things:
  1. This tennis tarhole person may have some issuesā€¦ like maybe needing to get a life or maybe finding a team he likes.

2. I cannot believe this quote appeared on their board:

Where did they get a crazy idea like that from?

(in all honesty, I assume they did not read todayā€™s Charlotte Observer)

they get the O in Illinois? HOLY CRAP! Our newspapers gone NATIONAL!

seriously though - just to bring it in off another thread - Thank you O for your coverage of yesterday.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;274510]Thanks man.[/QUOTE]

Cool pic in your sigā€¦ whereā€™d you find that?

Iā€™m doomed. This tennis tarhole joker has started PM-ing me because I made fun of him. I believe I hit a loose nerve.

I'm doomed. This tennis tarhole joker has started PM-ing me because I made fun of him. I believe I hit a loose nerve.
Don't worry. I've had that happen to me before. It's just a sign that you make sense and your opponent doesn't want to face you in the public realm.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;274561]Donā€™t worry. Iā€™ve had that happen to me before. Itā€™s just a sign that you make sense and your opponent doesnā€™t want to face you in the public realm.[/QUOTE]
The logic behind his name: He works in the tennis department at Walmart.

Come on guys, I donā€™t have nothing against tennis for the fact that he pulls for the Wildcats and Salukis. He does have a Wildcat avatar on the saluki board, but I am still confused a little about the ā€œtarheelsā€ in his name if he is from Texas. Oh well, maybe he will answer that one.

I myself, pull for Gardner-Webb unless they are playing the Niners. I go to quite a few GW home games (as long as it doesnā€™t interfere with a Niner game) and enjoy the atmosphere of a College Basketball Game.

The one problem I do have with tennis is calling Niner fans rude. Iā€™m sure it is safe to say you didnā€™t even go to the game on Wednesday. BTW, just because you are on a Davidson message board and we (plus Davidson) fans talk smack before a rivalry game doesnā€™t mean you can gerneralize the whole fan base as ā€œrudeā€. I personally donā€™t care what you think, but I think we have some of the nicest and most passionate fans around and there is no reason to go blurt out generalizations youā€™ve made to fans halfway across the US.

Good luck Saluki fans, this should be a fun one, GO NINERS!

Cool pic in your sig... where'd you find that?

It was on our official sports website (charlotte49ers.com). I copied and pasted it, I donā€™t know if itā€™s still there.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;274506]I have to admit I find it odd that your two picks for teams are these two, thatā€™s not a shot at them, but Iā€™d expect youā€™re alone in your geographic wheel of randomness.

Iā€™m sure you already know this but to the right on the main page is a link to NCAA message boards, go there and you can find the links to Gardner Webb, Farleigh Dickinson, and Marylandā€™s message boards. Sign up now and avoid the holiday rush![/QUOTE]

If you are able to find an active Gardner-Webb message board then I want to know. The only one I know about is the one over at ASUNBBS and no one ever posts over there except me with Game Observations and such.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;274560]Iā€™m doomed. This tennis tarhole joker has started PM-ing me because I made fun of him. I believe I hit a loose nerve.[/QUOTE]

If that happened on the Davidson board they would ban one of youā€¦ :hammer:

If that happened on the Davidson board they would ban one of you... :hammer:
Careful, they might ban you just for saying that.

Heā€™s a closet 9er fan.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;274589]If that happened on the Davidson board they would ban one of youā€¦ :hammer:[/QUOTE]

haha i got banned once for asking how to put a charlotte logo on my avatar. their board before the davidsoncats.com was a little confusing.

haha i got banned once for asking how to put a charlotte logo on my avatar. their board before the davidsoncats.com was a little confusing.
Totally not suprised.