Looking for a new mattress

Went with this one, based on reviews and talking to my Mother-in-law who has a twin version.

Return it. This didn’t take nearly as long as your house purchase or even your leaf blower. I don’t like this decisive version of 2k.

1 Like

Original Mattress Co and Original Mattress Factory one in the same?

I wouldn’t skimp on a mattress especially since you spend at least ~1/3 of your day/life on it. Spend the extra few hundred dollars (or more) for better rest, comfort.

We tested out a few mattresses a few years ago after going with a cheap Simmons (not top of the line Black series). We tried iSeries Serta, which we thought was too firm/too plush in the models we tried. Multiple Simmons Beauty rest black lines although comfortable, way too expensive. We found a good fit between comfort and affordability in the Sterns and Foster Lux estate line. We ultimately went bigger from queen to king and went with plush pillow as it was still firmer than the Simmons/Serta we tried. We paid 25% more than we planned but we get better rest, better sleep.

@Agent49 . so not sure if you bought yet but that’s my recommendation :slight_smile:

clt still recommends a water bed

Had mine in the '80’s. Free Flow…loved it.
Miss it. Especially in the Winter when I could crank up the heat.

Wife and I delayed buying a new mattress for two years. After buying a Casper, we regret that decision a great deal. It took about two weeks for us to get used to a Casper, but we love it. The only complaint that I could see people having against a Casper is that it’s slightly hotter than a normal mattress. I’m a warm natured person and it has not affected my sleep. I’ll also say that the back pain that I had for the past year is gone. Who would’ve thought a $200 mattress would eventually hurt your back? Haha

clt says hi

We followed Consumer Reports and went with a Denver. Very glad we did. If your mattress goes on sale within 100 days after you buy it, take your receipt back in, and they’ll give you the difference. Also, if it ever develops a sag in the middle of something like an inch or inch-and-a-half, they’ll replace the mattress. There’s a store near the university.

We have Denver too. It’s fantastic.

Also, if it ever develops a sag in the middle of something like an inch or inch-and-a-half, they’ll replace the mattress.

Make sure to fully read the warranty documentation on mattresses. I worked for one of the “big S” mattress manufacturers. Our warranty covered body impressions like this (it was either inch and a half or inch and a quarter). However, the warranty also had a lot of cases that would void the warranty entirely, such as any kind of stain anywhere on the mattress or even a foundation (box spring) that didn’t match the foundation suggested in the owner’s documents. Our customer service call center/field techs were told to strongly enforce these warranty voiding stipulations.

I’m not saying Denver mattress has these same practices, but if the mattress warranty is a selling point for you on a new mattress, make sure to read it thoroughly.

If a warranty is the main reason for purchasing any product, you are buying it for the wrong reasons.

clt asks where did matressbot go?

Just to be clear, I never meant to infer in my earlier post that the warranty was the feature that prompted us to choose the Denver or, much more importantly, to love it since we bought it almost two years ago. At the time we bought it, it was a nice-to-have; and, therefore, something I thought to mention in my original post.