Lost all respect for Utley

[QUOTE=shagg49er;355767]**** those kids![/QUOTE]

You’re right, those f***ers should have been in f***ing school!!!

all I’m saying is if this is something that bothers you than take a step back and realize there are much worse things than an athlete saying a certain four letter word.

I liked the way he said it. He tried it without **** and the crowd didn’t give him the amount of support he was looking for. Therefore he had to take it up a notch to make the people realize what had really happened. And the people LOVED it. I love it.

all I'm saying is if this is something that bothers you than take a step back and realize there are much worse things than an athlete saying a certain four letter word.

Kevin Garnett got hammered for his bizare behavior moments after winning the title. I would hope that Utley receives the same treatment, especially since he was clearly not overcome by emotion when he said it.

this isnt an excuse but I saw 4-5 different signs like “Phucking Phils are World Champs”, “Phils Phucking World Champs”

so I am sure he was playing off that, but maybe didn’t understand that when you say it, the PH isnt emphasized…

all I'm saying is if this is something that bothers you than take a step back and realize there are much worse things than an athlete saying a certain four letter word.
ok, then never be bothered by anything the rest of your life...because SOMETHING is always worse

I can’t believe anyone thinks this is acceptable behavior in front of 40,000…sigh

sports are pretty much a PG environment…when I take my 7/9 year old girls to a Panther game, I expect them to hear damn, hell, etc…but when the GD and F bombs start, thats offensive.

Dude that’s terrible logic.

By your logic, I could punch your mom in the face, and it would be OK with you, because hey, I could have hit her with a metal baseball bat.

Dude that's terrible logic.

By your logic, I could punch your mom in the face, and it would be OK with you, because hey, I could have hit her with a metal baseball bat.

No what I’m saying is that if one person uttering a word (that is taboo or whatever) bothers you, just realize that it is not the worst thing in the world and getting bent up about it is ridiculous.
-Especially about hearing curse words at professional sports events because its a given that you will …learn to deal with it.

It was classless and anyone that tries to argue against that is ridiculous.

You can’t go anywhere in Philly without hearing that kind of language. That is especially true when it involves sports.

But obviously he said, “World Phucking Champions,” not “World F*cking Champions.” So, it’s probably ok. Also, there is a high likelihood that he was drunk.

All joking aside, he obviously shouldn’t have said it, but he did. I’m over it.

I let an ‘F’ bomb slip out from time to time, even in situations when I shouldn’t. It happens. You don’t have to be super emotional for it to happen, sometimes it just does. My dad is constantly telling me to watch my mouth at Panthers games and I don’t even realize I’m saying anything.

I'm over it.

exactly. it’s not that big of a deal.

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;355806]exactly. it’s not that big of a deal.[/QUOTE]

**** YOU

:shades:

No what I'm saying is that if one person uttering a word (that is taboo or whatever) bothers you, just realize that it is not the worst thing in the world and getting bent up about it is ridiculous. -Especially about hearing curse words at professional sports events because its a given that you will ...learn to deal with it.

There is a difference in a fan yelling it in the heat of the moment, and a star athlete saying it (premeditated) to 40,000 fans.

Whatever happened to having class? Seriously it bothers me that there are so many people who don’t have a problem with this.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;355793]You can’t go anywhere in Philly without hearing that kind of language. That is especially true when it involves sports.

But obviously he said, “World Phucking Champions,” not “World F*cking Champions.” So, it’s probably ok. Also, there is a high likelihood that he was drunk.

All joking aside, he obviously shouldn’t have said it, but he did. I’m over it.

I let an ‘F’ bomb slip out from time to time, even in situations when I shouldn’t. It happens. You don’t have to be super emotional for it to happen, sometimes it just does. My dad is constantly telling me to watch my mouth at Panthers games and I don’t even realize I’m saying anything.[/QUOTE]

I call bull****, You don’t get up to a mic and say the F word in front of tens of thousands of fans while on TV. Or have you done that, if so, my apologies. And look at him, with that little smirk on his face, it didn’t slip.

And look at him, with that little smirk on his face, it didn't slip.

Yeah seriously. That arrogant little smirk made it worse. Dude knew he was going to say it. He reminds me of the private school popped collar mercedes driving teenagers I knew when I was in high school. Typical dbag that figures he can get away with anything.

[QUOTE=metro;355703]true

I drop F bombs…wish I could stop… but I do

how hard have you tried? good conservative, right-wingnut Christians shouldn’t do the f… thing.

now go off on that!

[QUOTE=earlyniner;355814][QUOTE=metro;355703]true

I drop F bombs…wish I could stop… but I do

how hard have you tried? good conservative, right-wingnut Christians shouldn’t do the f… thing.

now go off on that![/QUOTE]

Sigh… wrong place wrong time, this thread is in the MLB forum not the political forum.

how hard have you tried? good conservative, right-wingnut Christians shouldn't do the f... thing.

now go off on that!

Dude don’t even try that. I’m a liberal, very secular, left winger and I thought this was extremely classless. Don’t try and make this into a “the right wing Christians are whining” argument bc it won’t work. Anyone who has a shred of class should be mad at Utley.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;355815][QUOTE=earlyniner;355814]

Sigh… wrong place wrong time, this thread is in the MLB forum not the political forum.[/QUOTE]

my bad. sorry.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;355816]Dude don’t even try that. I’m a liberal, very secular, left winger and I thought this was extremely classless. Don’t try and make this into a “the right wing Christians are whining” argument bc it won’t work. Anyone who has a shred of class should be mad at Utley.[/QUOTE]

DOBA.