Louis Birdsong - 2006

He is from Mt. St. Joseph’s in Baltimore.

He has offers from: James Madison, George Mason, Delaware, Old Dominion and Akron. He is due to visit Akron, has already been to George Mason and wants to visit Charlotte.

Other schools interested are: Charlotte, Marshall, Ball State, ODU, JMU, Coastal Carolina, East Tennessee State, Winthrop, Charleston, Mason, Delaware … and the list goes on.

He will be visiting Akron and hopefully Charlotte.

Last year, Birdsong averaged 14 points and 10 rebounds.

Is Louis related to Otis Birdsong? Otis was a very good college player and had a couple of good years in the NBA. Otis is old enough to have a college age son.

6’6" power forward? mmk…

Why is this guy not coveted all around the land?

from maryland, and were just now talking about us in the mix isn’t a good sign, were usually all over that state. Nothing really jumps at me about this kid

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Aug 24 2005, 03:37 AM [b] 6'6" power forward? mmk... [/b]

Jarvis Lang

BaltimoreSun.com: Louis Birdsong

MarylandPrepHoops.com: PRE-SUMMER RANKING OF THE STATE OF MARYLAND TOP RISING SENIORS

Rivals.com: Louis Birdsong

ScoutHoops.com: Louis Birdsong

More…

Scout.com: Charlotte Insider

[i]Originally posted by Colorado49er[/i]@Aug 24 2005, 12:16 AM [b] Is Louis related to Otis Birdsong? Otis was a very good college player and had a couple of good years in the NBA. Otis is old enough to have a college age son. [/b]
I haven't been able to put those two together, so can't say one way or another. Otis is now the president and GM of the Arkansas RimRockers of the NBA D-League.

Is it just me or has our level of recruiting dropped a few notches. We’re battling powerhouses for this kid like Akron, George Mason and Ball State? What happened to the days of fighting it out with the Maryland’s, Georgias, Miamis and Florida States of the world for recruits? Are our days of landing Top 50-100 recruits over with? This makes me wanna hurl.

[i]Originally posted by max2[/i]@Aug 30 2005, 04:46 PM [b] What happened to the days of fighting it out with the Maryland's, Georgias, Miamis and Florida States of the world for recruits? [/b]
Maryland and FSU are listed on the Rivals site for Birdsong.

Run, is that supposed to make me feel better? Have they offered or are they just “interested?”

[i]Originally posted by max2[/i]@Aug 30 2005, 04:46 PM [b] Is it just me or has our level of recruiting dropped a few notches. We're battling powerhouses for this kid like Akron, George Mason and Ball State? What happened to the days of fighting it out with the Maryland's, Georgias, Miamis and Florida States of the world for recruits? Are our days of landing Top 50-100 recruits over with? This makes me wanna hurl. [/b]
Hmm, why dont you ask Mike Beasley, Cameron Tatum, Kelvin Lewis, and Nolan Smith

Hey, I’d be pysched if they all sign. Speaking of, how many have actually signed National Letters of Intent?

[i]Originally posted by max2[/i]@Aug 30 2005, 04:51 PM [b] Run, is that supposed to make me feel better? Have they offered or are they just "interested?" [/b]
It may mean that our coaching staff has a better eye for talent than some from the so-called Big 6.

BTW, I agree with you. Until they have actually signed the NLOI…

Video of Birdsong…tomahawk dunks, alley-oop dunks, jumpers, rejections, etc.

Hssmtv.com: Louis Birdsong

Committed to George Mason of the Colonial.