Louisville! Niner Green with Envy!

Hereā€™s something that made me Niner Green with Envy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2900959&sportCat=ncb

Judy, Judy, Judy! This could have been you! That could have been us!

Now lets make it happen! Football Committee Meeting at 1pm, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Building, cornor of Tryon and MLK, be there! Help start our future!

Here's something that made me Niner Green with Envy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2900959&sportCat=ncb

Judy, Judy, Judy! This could have been you! That could have been us!

Now lets make it happen! Football Committee Meeting at 1pm, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Building, cornor of Tryon and MLK, be there! Help start our future!

? I donā€™t understand.

To make the final four you have to win a game in the ncaa tournament, much less make the tourney. Also, we didnā€™t make the college world series.

to say we are anywhere on the same page with louisville is a joke when their basketball budget is the same as our athletic budget.

I completely support football, but adding it wouldnā€™t have gotten us that recognition when we havenā€™t checked anything else off that list.

[QUOTE=ninerID;243003]? I donā€™t understand.

To make the final four you have to win a game in the ncaa tournament, much less make the tourney. Also, we didnā€™t make the college world series.

to say we are anywhere on the same page with louisville is a joke when their basketball budget is the same as our athletic budget.

I completely support football, but adding it wouldnā€™t have gotten us that recognition when we havenā€™t checked anything else off that list.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that the difference between us and Lā€™ville is only a money factor and leadership has nothing to do with it? Would we really be on another level simply by getting Bobby another 8 mil to play with?

So are you saying that the difference between us and L'ville is only a money factor and leadership has nothing to do with it? Would we really be on another level simply by getting Bobby another 8 mil to play with?

Its not linear but there are parallels between the amount of money and the amount of success an athletics program has. I think that yes we would be on another level if bobby lutz had 8 million to work with, but by that same token weā€™d be on another level if we could afford to get bobby another 8 million.

Money comes from leadership, we are in Charlotte, NC with 75K alumni, and soon to be 35,000 students and we canā€™t fully fund an 8 million $$$ budget. Also money comes from packed arenas, a massive following, and a great conference. If you are 5 star recruit, you go to Charlotte to a nice arena, that is 2/3rds full at best, and they are playing St. Bonaventure, you probably wonā€™t have as much fun as you will at Freedom Hall, or whatever this new amazing arena is that is a packed house of red, black and white, and they are playing UConn/Syracuse/Gtown.

Yes but 12 years ago when CUSA was formed, surely us and Lā€™ville or Cinncy or So. Fl. were much closer to each other then now?

I agree that money would help out greatly, but that money comes from winning or atleast bringing in top competition. It also comes from having a vision other then ā€œwell we really like CUSA the way it is and football is too expensive for usā€.

All I ever heard about Judy and Bobby were how much everyone in college sports respected and admired them, well we see how far that has gotten this program. Jurich didnā€™t sit back and hope and pray everything would be the same as the day before, he kept moving and doing.

I know Judy tries hard, and God bless her for her facilities work; but I just donā€™t think she can take this program to the next level of competition as AD. Football should have been handled the second we made it into CUSA and Judy didnā€™t have the ability, the foresight or the desire to make Woodward see that it was vital to the economic health and stabilty of our atheltic programs.

Bottom line: We need a Jurich

Yes but 12 years ago when CUSA was formed, surely us and L'ville or Cinncy or So. Fl. were much closer to each other then now?

I agree that money would help out greatly, but that money comes from winning or atleast bringing in top competition. It also comes from having a vision other then ā€œwell we really like CUSA the way it is and football is too expensive for usā€.

All I ever heard about Judy and Bobby were how much everyone respected and admired them, well we see how far that has gotten this program. Jurich didnā€™t sit back and hope and pray everything would be the same as the day before, he kept moving and doing.

I know Judy tries hard, and God bless her for her facilities work; but I just donā€™t think she can take this program to the next level of competition as AD. Football should have been handled the second we made it into CUSA and Judy didnā€™t have the ability, the foresight or the desire to make Woodward see that it was vital to the economic health and stabilty of our atheltic programs.

Bottom line: We need a Jurich

i donā€™t disagree with anything you are saying, except, Louisville is probably not a good example to compare us to. 12 years ago they were more than likely ahead of where we were.

[QUOTE=ninerID;243012]i donā€™t disagree with anything you are saying, except, Louisville is probably not a good example to compare us to. 12 years ago they were more than likely ahead of where we were.[/QUOTE]

Granted, but USF sure as **** wasnā€™t, except in student #s, and Iā€™d gladly trade positions with them.

Granted, but USF sure as **** wasn't, except in student #s, and I'd gladly trade positions with them.
like I said, I agreed on every account except louisville.

If you think I donā€™t want football at this school, and think that I think the school has wonderful vision, then you havenā€™t read my posts.

I would honestly say I started the ā€œvisionā€ talk with a thread I started 8-10 months ago.

[QUOTE=ninerID;243024]like I said, I agreed on every account except louisville.

If you think I donā€™t want football at this school, and think that I think the school has wonderful vision, then you havenā€™t read my posts.

I would honestly say I started the ā€œvisionā€ talk with a thread I started 8-10 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Calm down ID! We all know youā€™re football HARDCORE!:shades: