Luka Vasic - 2017 G/F - signed with Charlotte 49ers

Boom.

https://agent49.net/luka-vasic-signs-charlotte/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIXlpdUr0Vs[/youtube]

Boom.

This could be a great late pickup if he can help at the 2/3 spot this year.

I don’t love European players here (mainly for the fact none have planned out/stay the entire in a while) but he looks good. I mean, anybody that can average 26 PPG in a gym with no shade most be good.

He actually looks like he can walk and chew gum at the same time versus some other European players that we have had that are 7’ and weigh 180/lbs.

I’m not saying the kid is the next Dražen Petrović, but he’s just not a body either.

clt wonders if he knows beans.

i hope this kid can come in and give us scoring from the wing and hopefully be the backup for ajukwa/white. wonder if he can play pg. davis still needs another backup.

Him and Austin on the floor together would create a great match-up for whoever draws the 4.

I am excited that the coaching staff is being proactive about our issues. Not sure how Luka ends up doing here, but it’s a start.

Welcome to Charlotte!

I just hope he’ll be more productive than our last Luka

Man, if you were an early committed 2017 Serbian basketball player headed to a small private Connecticut university, you were on our hit list. First Supica, now Vasic.

Actually makes me wonder how long this coaching change was in the works and if new coach had something to do with Supica as well.

Anyway, we needed another guard, glad to get him this late in the game. Really would like a back up pg still…

[quote=“Iron9er, post:12, topic:30969”]Man, if you were an early committed 2017 Serbian basketball player headed to a small private Connecticut university, you were on our hit list. First Supica, now Vasic.

Actually makes me wonder how long this coaching change was in the works and if new coach had something to do with Supica as well.

Anyway, we needed another guard, glad to get him this late in the game. Really would like a back up pg still…[/quote]well, Hartford does have a pg commit from Charlotte. Maybe we will just clean them out.

[quote=“woodniner, post:5, topic:30969”]He actually looks like he can walk and chew gum at the same time versus some other European players that we have had that are 7’ and weigh 180/lbs.[/quote]the press release Hartford put out about signing him said he is a player that can play above the rim. He definitely looks athletic enough.

looks like he has good handles, can shoot from outside, finish at the rim, see the floor, distribute. i like.

Definitely not afraid to attack the rim. As long as he is successful and getting fouled, it looks like he can make a living from the free throw line. The other teams in the video were terrible defensively and didn’t give much effort.

Yeah, level of competition aside, I like that he was the primary ball handler. He was initiating the offense for them. If he can be that competent with the ball here, that’s a great thing.

Hopefully he pans out. We’ll see how he does against better completion. We need consistent scorers to help Davis, not a player like White that can score 20 pts one game and 2 pts the next.

Not sure if he’ll be playing above the rim though lol.

Do we have any highlights from his hs season this past year?

Have not seen video of his time in the US, but here is a Hartford article talking about how he did. Obviously, his numbers came back down to earth, but did earn 2nd team all New England.