Luka Voncina 6-3 Fr PG - 2010 Charlotte commitment

Where did you see this?

You going to give credit to NR? [/quote]

If it is on Luka’s own Twitter page…NR can suck it…it’s apparently public information thanks to the source itself.

You going to give credit to NR? [/quote]

If it is on Luka’s own Twitter page…NR can suck it…it’s apparently public information thanks to the source itself.[/quote]

Ok, let’s make it NNN & NR vs the Observer…is that better.

nice looking stroke and appears to be able to use the left and right hand. That’s always helpful when you can get your own shot.

Check out the team in the video wearing salmon colored uniforms. :o

Found some stats for him from 2008-09 tournament play:

Euroleague.net: Voncina, Luka - 2008-09 Statistics

Getting some conflicting info on his age. Some websites list his year of birth as 1988, while others as 1991. Hmmm…

[quote=“Run49er, post:27, topic:23285”]Getting some conflicting info on his age. Some websites list his year of birth as 1988, while others as 1991. Hmmm…[/quote]Cut off his leg and count the rings?

Here are some photos from a game in January:

Luka Voncina (left) holding trophy

Luka Voncina dribbling

Luka Voncina shooting FT

no. dont.

[quote=“Run49er, post:26, topic:23285”]Found some stats for him from 2008-09 tournament play:

Euroleague.net: Voncina, Luka - 2008-09 Statistics[/quote] Those 3-pt stats are not too great. Maybe the defensive intensity went up a little from those highlight vids.

I’ll add: I’m glad he appears to have signed with us. The VT interest and our coachs’ interest suggest he’s relatively talented. Will look forward to see what he can do.

[quote=“Run49er, post:26, topic:23285”]Found some stats for him from 2008-09 tournament play:

Euroleague.net: Voncina, Luka - 2008-09 Statistics[/quote] Unimpressive stats.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:32, topic:23285”][quote=“Run49er, post:26, topic:23285”]Found some stats for him from 2008-09 tournament play:

Euroleague.net: Voncina, Luka - 2008-09 Statistics[/quote] Unimpressive stats.[/quote]
unimpressive starts

Looks like a combo guard to me as well.

Looking at those Soviet-era gyms tells me he will feel right at home going on the road in the A-10.

Trying to figure out if he’s on the roster of the pro team in Ljubljana. I know that in the past the NCAA has “punished” amateur foreign players for participating with pros, but some changes were going to be made to ease those restrictions.

ESPN.com: Kanter benefits from eligibility changes

[quote=“4ever niner, post:32, topic:23285”][quote=“Run49er, post:26, topic:23285”]Found some stats for him from 2008-09 tournament play:

Euroleague.net: Voncina, Luka - 2008-09 Statistics[/quote] Unimpressive stats.[/quote]I wouldn’t get too caught up in the stats for a junior tourney. Just haven’t been able find anymore than that and not getting a membership to Eurobasket to obtain his overall numbers. Will let the official announcement do the honors.

It’s very exciting to see that everything is beginning to take shape. That’s another landed recruit for us.

F*ck that is funny I don’t care who you are.

Where did you see this?[/quote]

Insider