Luka Voncina 6-3 Fr PG - 2010 Charlotte commitment

Between us and VT.

http://vimeo.com/8354110

From Slovenia.

I’m guessing he’s an Odom recruit if its down to us and VA Tech. So do we know if he’s a pure pg or more of a derrio-like combo guard. I’d love for us to land a PURE pg who can run the show and get the ball to Deuce, Derrio, and (hopefully) Terrell.

video shows him as a combo, IMHO. Great looking stroke.

what’s his size?

6’3 is all we know. Not a lot about him on the interwebs.

has reportedly signed with us.

Is this for next season? or the year after??

Oh snap

Great news thanks moss! Welcome to Niner Nation Luka!

Listed on the youth team of Union Olimpija, a professional team based in Ljubljana - the capital and largest city in Slovenia. Team colors? Green and white, of course!

Union.Olimpija.com: Youth teams organisation

Wikipedia.org: KK Union Olimpija

I am guessing that it will be about two weeks before the Big O gives the official announcement. I like having Odom on staff as I think we will get a few more international players from time-to-time. We have had pretty good luck with the ones we have had in the past.

Where is something saying he signed with us? He does appear to be able to shoot the rock, but I’m not seeing the PG handles. I still like the pick up especially if Odom is calling the shots

Terrell?

[quote=“woodniner, post:13, topic:23285”]I like having Odom on staff as I think we will get a few more international players from time-to-time. We have had pretty good luck with the ones we have had in the past.[/quote]Actually, I’d say it’s been pretty much a crapshoot. Yes, Guevara a very good international player and Kuehl made a contribution, but others like El-Tamer, Helliwell, Iti, Kane, and Naparavicius I would consider wasted schollies.

I just saw that we may still be recruiting and making a hard push for Guyn.

Just updated his twitter account with, “49er!”

where did you see that, ruckus?

He has yet to miss a basket in his entire playing career. Just watch the video. :o :smiley:

Ok, moss2k. You going to give credit to NR? I know I started the thread but you delivered the big news. Can’t keep a secret, heh?