Luke Maye - 2015 PF offer - verbal to UNC-CH

This kid is blowing up.

I was thinking the same thing this morning that Maye is now probably going to see offers from ACC and SEC after this run in the state playoffs. If he has a good summer, then he may be top 100.

Those stats are not accurate. I’m not sure where that rebound number came from. He had 28 pts and 18 rebs. Still very impressive, but I have no idea where the Observer got those numbers from considering they were not anywhere around.

article said he’s 15 years old, 6’7" and 225. I would love for him to be a niner. Was glad to see we had already offered him a scholarship.

Named to MaxPreps sophomore All-American team and only North Carolinian selected.

FYI, no way this guy comes here.

[quote=“2k, post:26, topic:27134”]FYI, no way this guy comes here.[/quote]Probably not, but then who would have thought at this point we’d have no 2013 signees and Fordham would be landing, among others, a top 150 player!

Clemson offers.

UAB has offered.

wonder if the quality players staying at home might have an influence? it could happen!

35 points, 17 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals in season-opening 86-47 win over Providence on 11/21.

Beating Michigan wont hurt either. :stuck_out_tongue:

We def need some bigs coming in the next year or two. Schollies are taken next year right? I wish we could have one for next year, red shirt and then play thorne’s senior year. I like how the staff has helped thorne develop. But we really need down low guys ready to contribute from day 1 if we are waiting till 2015. Hopefully the staff can find some 7 footer out there and develop them since most that are ready to play go to top bball school

Is it too much to ask for 2-3 Thorne size players every year?

[quote=“cibik02, post:33, topic:27134”]We def need some bigs coming in the next year or two. Schollies are taken next year right? I wish we could have one for next year, red shirt and then play thorne’s senior year. I like how the staff has helped thorne develop. But we really need down low guys ready to contribute from day 1 if we are waiting till 2015. Hopefully the staff can find some 7 footer out there and develop them since most that are ready to play go to top bball school

Is it too much to ask for 2-3 Thorne size players every year?[/quote]

2 or 3? That’s a lot of C’s We need size, but they can’t all be Thornes. Teams would just sprint past us. But yes we need legit 6’8-6’10PF’s and 6’10+ C’s.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:34, topic:27134”][quote=“cibik02, post:33, topic:27134”]We def need some bigs coming in the next year or two. Schollies are taken next year right? I wish we could have one for next year, red shirt and then play thorne’s senior year. I like how the staff has helped thorne develop. But we really need down low guys ready to contribute from day 1 if we are waiting till 2015. Hopefully the staff can find some 7 footer out there and develop them since most that are ready to play go to top bball school

Is it too much to ask for 2-3 Thorne size players every year?[/quote]

2 or 3? That’s a lot of C’s We need size, but they can’t all be Thornes. Teams would just sprint past us. But yes we need legit 6’8-6’10PF’s and 6’10+ C’s.[/quote]
I’m saying we should have true 6’11"+ center backup every year.

FSU has 6 guys at 6-8 and taller including 3 centers over 7 ft.

[quote=“Run49er, post:31, topic:27134”]35 points, 17 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals in season-opening 86-47 win over Providence on 11/21.[/quote]Only way he ends up here is if ACC schools back off.

i dont think he is going to get offered by unc or duke and he is a bit undersized. i would like to think that with a successful season, we could land him. he is ranked near the bottom of the rivals 150 so he should be gettable for us.

clt says there is no “UNC”

UNC=that over which the General Administration of the University of North Carolina presides. it has a Board of Trustees. Bill Friday was once its President. also Dick Spangler. ;D