Luke Sasser - 2016 G/F walk-on

random thread but i was just looking at jackson’s twitter(yes, i was twitter stalking a recruit), and i noticed that he retweeted a former teammate posting about his acceptance to charlotte. this kid looks solid, i believe took a visit to some lower d1 or d2 school, i can’t remember. him and jackson are close, so i was wondering if the staff will offer this kid a walkon spot here. looks like a solid player with size and some d1 interest.

If you’re going to start a thread stating your Twitter escapades atleast link the tweets you’re referencing and sasser’s scout/rival/whatever profile

i’ll make you a deal, ill do that from now on if you lose the attitude.

i’ll make you a deal, ill do that from now on if you lose the attitude.[/quote]Appropriate response. Thanks 55 for providing some apparently good information.

i’ll make you a deal, ill do that from now on if you lose the attitude.[/quote]

Lol no attitude it’s an honest request. I come to this site for info. Not a name to go google and sift for.

i’ll make you a deal, ill do that from now on if you lose the attitude.[/quote]

Lol no attitude it’s an honest request. I come to this site for info. Not a name to go google and sift for.[/quote]

ill link it soon if i can figure it out.

Having mastered the Internet in 1995:

#165 6’5 ’16 Luke Sasser of Word of God HS, NC: Luke is a hard working cerebral player with a high basketball IQ. Great work ethic and attitude are apparent and one has to love his decision-making and court vision for his size/position. Luke rebounds his position well and has been so well coached. He understands team defensive principles and simply makes the right plays on both ends of the court.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/484570-nc-phenom-session-2-player-evaluations-team-17

Tweet in question: https://twitter.com/lsasser33/status/689637013256015872

At #165, wouldn’t he most likely get a scholarship offer somewhere. I know rankings are very subjective. But at 6’6" it seems someone will offer him a scholly.

[quote=“Normmm, post:8, topic:30137”]At #165, wouldn’t he most likely get a scholarship offer somewhere. I know rankings are very subjective. But at 6’6" it seems someone will offer him a scholly.[/quote]#165 was the number he wore during that event, if I’m not mistaken. He’s not #165 in the class.

Seems like the kid is going to traditional education route but has some basketball skill and size. If he comes here and has good grades, naturally he’d be an obvious walk-on candidate. I’d like to think that in another year we won’t have to play the Aube’s of the world rotation minutes but it’s always good to have quality walk-ons for scout team work.

Especially 6’5"

thanks

clt says to sign him so we can yell luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke.

how clever

will be joining the team next season as a walkon. looks like a solid player for a walk on. would not be suprised if he is at least able to play up to the level of a reid aube. also had a 34 on his act. for perspective, the average act at harvard is 33 so a quality add all around.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:15, topic:30137”]will be joining the team next season as a walkon. looks like a solid player for a walk on. would not be suprised if he is at least able to play up to the level of a reid aube. also had a 34 on his act. for perspective, the average act at harvard is 33 so a quality add all around.[/quote] Obvious good addition.

A 34 is 99th percentile. Wow! I am glad I didn’t take the ACT, because I would be feeling pretty stupid right now. Welcome to Charlotte Luke.

clt welcomes a true student athlete to our fine school.

Well that’s one thing we have over Cheatle Hill.

Per Verbal Commits, transferring to George Washington where he will also be a walk-on.