Lutz at ECU

That is why it would make sense and why he is thinking about it…plus never know who would join him at ECU…being this close and all!!!

quote author=upperdeck link=topic=26549.msg451051#msg451051 date=1268914971]
Just remember…ECU is probably just a mediocre basketball team away from joining a better conference than us.

HAHAHAHAHA…You just now realized this…told you the grass is not greener on the other side…Bobby may be playing the “politically correct” game right now, but I promise he will get Dubois back in some way shape or form…AS HE SHOULD!!! What a bozo that guy is…

oh boy, ninerdad is back.

I would imagine Bobby is playing the field and talking to everyone about possible coaching positions right now. It doesn’t necessarily mean he is interested in the ECU job.

Bear in mind, he’s only 4 days removed from his former job.

No one is going to follow him. Lutz is too classy to try to steal players anyway.

I’m hoping its you.

HAHAHAHAHA…You just now realized this…told you the grass is not greener on the other side…Bobby may be playing the “politically correct” game right now, but I promise he will get Dubois back in some way shape or form…AS HE SHOULD!!! What a bozo that guy is…[/quote]

Give it up, I don’t care if you are Bobby himself. It was time to move on.

I wish Bobby much success in whatever he chooses to do, except when and if he plays versus us.

You thought wrong, sucka.[/quote]

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:9, topic:22795”][quote=“919R, post:7, topic:22795”][quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:6, topic:22795”][quote=“wakeniner, post:5, topic:22795”]Now let’s see. Lutz complained for years about how difficult it is to recruit between ACC and SEC in this state. So now he wants
to go to Greenville? Looks to me like he would want to get outa Dodge, except for having to leave his recruiting ties in the state?[/quote]

when you’re out a job you’re out a job.

How wierd would it be if we go to play Lutz next year at ECU.… I assume his leaving doesn’t kill our away game there.[/quote]

I posted this 2-3 days ago.[/quote]

forgive me for not tracking your posts… :p[/quote]

you’re forgiven… :stuck_out_tongue:

Lutz talked about how the Charlotte program is set up nicely for next season, having 70% (ish) of the offense coming back next season.

Knowing Lutz’s character, I doubt he will bring players with him.

Not to mention the 1-year stipulation the AD laid on the players.

[quote=“Hooner49, post:30, topic:22795”]Lutz talked about how the Charlotte program is set up nicely for next season, having 70% (ish) of the offense coming back next season.

Knowing Lutz’s character, I doubt he will bring players with him.

Not to mention the 1-year stipulation the AD laid on the players.[/quote]

Agreed 100%. Unlike Ninerdad who’s quickly becoming the most anoying poster on here (quite the accomplishment), Bobby has class and will be fine. I am not sure he’ll take the ECU job but I think he could do well there to turn things around. ECU needs someone with a fresh approach. Making the NIT at ECU would be a huge accomplishment.

[quote=“wakeniner, post:5, topic:22795”]Now let’s see. Lutz complained for years about how difficult it is to recruit between ACC and SEC in this state. So now he wants
to go to Greenville? Looks to me like he would want to get outa Dodge, except for having to leave his recruiting ties in the state?[/quote]

He recruited better in C-USA than he did in the A-10. C-USA was different back then obviously but he can recruit in the south and sell playing against Memphis. ALSO, ECU is a lot closer to being in the Big East than we are right now. It would be difficult for ECU to win in the BE, though…so that’s something else to consider.

I thought Judy wasn’t going to release any players available for one year anyway? That’s assuming they would want to in the first place, not knowing who the new coach will be either.

With the whole staff being gone- who is minding the store? Do we have people in place to make sure these kids get to class, workout, etc?

My friend Rich saw him on campus at ECU yesterday.

I’m hoping its you.[/quote]

Ahahahahaha

Watching bobby look at other programs is like breaking up with your EXgf and seeing her immediately flirt with someone else…

you know you don’t want her back but it still stings

Also on Tuesday, ECU Director of Athletics Terry Holland posted a message on the school’s athletics Web site that discussed the search and seemed to indicate that Basketball Hall of Fame member Bobby Knight had been contacted about the position.

lol

Also on Tuesday, ECU Director of Athletics Terry Holland posted a message on the school’s athletics Web site that discussed the search and seemed to indicate that Basketball Hall of Fame member Bobby Knight had been contacted about the position.

lol[/quote]
What Terry Holland did not post on the web site was the when asked about the job, Bobby Knight responded “What are you f*ing kidding me?! The Charlotte job is open why the hell why I come to that shhole Greenville?! If I am going anywhere it will be to the Niners. I would show them who the hell ‘Bad Bobby’ is!”.
:o

[quote=“jsqu03, post:36, topic:22795”]Watching bobby look at other programs is like breaking up with your EXgf and seeing her immediately flirt with someone else…

you know you don’t want her back but it still stings[/quote]

Especially when you know the girl is coming back next Thursday for one more fling.

I live in Greenville, Lutz would be a good fit here,they have nowhere to go but up.