Lutz at ECU

I have heard from some very reliable sources that Bobby was spotted walking around the ECU campus yesterday. Don’t know if this means he is strongly considering the job there or not. We will see.

This your source?

http://www.reflector.com/ecu/lutzs-name-emerges-ecu-search-27253

Is it the same source (BoneyardBanter) that saw him drinking coffee in a Greenville restaurant Tuesday with Terry Holland? I have a pretty good source that spoke with Bobby several times Tuesday and he was local.

And some of you must be slipping, I have a friend was talked to two students (who were not together at the time) saying Jeff Lebo was walking around the Charlotte campus yesterday. None of you saw him? :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Bobby would be an excellent choice at ECU.
  2. Lebo would not be the same at Charlotte.

[quote=“HP49er, post:3, topic:22795”]Is it the same source (BoneyardBanter) that saw him drinking coffee in a Greenville restaurant Tuesday with Terry Holland? I have a pretty good source that spoke with Bobby several times Tuesday and he was local.

And some of you must be slipping, I have a friend was talked to two students (who were not together at the time) saying Jeff Lebo was walking around the Charlotte campus yesterday. None of you saw him? :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Bobby would be an excellent choice at ECU.
  2. Lebo would not be the same at Charlotte.[/quote]

If Brad Brownell or Mike Rice were walking around campus, I’d recognize them if I saw them.

Jeff Lebo could walk up, hit me and the face, and say “I’m Jeff Lebo!” and I would have to think for a minute.

Now let’s see. Lutz complained for years about how difficult it is to recruit between ACC and SEC in this state. So now he wants
to go to Greenville? Looks to me like he would want to get outa Dodge, except for having to leave his recruiting ties in the state?

[quote=“wakeniner, post:5, topic:22795”]Now let’s see. Lutz complained for years about how difficult it is to recruit between ACC and SEC in this state. So now he wants
to go to Greenville? Looks to me like he would want to get outa Dodge, except for having to leave his recruiting ties in the state?[/quote]

when you’re out a job you’re out a job.

How wierd would it be if we go to play Lutz next year at ECU… I assume his leaving doesn’t kill our away game there.

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:6, topic:22795”][quote=“wakeniner, post:5, topic:22795”]Now let’s see. Lutz complained for years about how difficult it is to recruit between ACC and SEC in this state. So now he wants
to go to Greenville? Looks to me like he would want to get outa Dodge, except for having to leave his recruiting ties in the state?[/quote]

How wierd would it be if we go to play Lutz next year at ECU.… I assume his leaving doesn’t kill our away game there.[/quote]

I posted this 2-3 days ago.

RPIFormula.xls (38.5 KB)

Just remember…ECU is probably just a mediocre basketball team away from joining a better conference than us.

[quote=“919R, post:7, topic:22795”][quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:6, topic:22795”][quote=“wakeniner, post:5, topic:22795”]Now let’s see. Lutz complained for years about how difficult it is to recruit between ACC and SEC in this state. So now he wants

How wierd would it be if we go to play Lutz next year at ECU.… I assume his leaving doesn’t kill our away game there.[/quote]

I posted this 2-3 days ago.[/quote]

forgive me for not tracking your posts… :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a friend who has a cousin who is best friends with a guy who dates a girl who goes to Charlotte and she told the guy who is best friends with the cousing of my friend that Bobby Knight was seen throwing chairs in the cafeteria. Sounds like BK’s on the short list.

Ouch.

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:6, topic:22795”][quote=“wakeniner, post:5, topic:22795”]Now let’s see. Lutz complained for years about how difficult it is to recruit between ACC and SEC in this state. So now he wants

when you’re out a job you’re out a job.[/quote]

He isn’t out a paycheck. Bobby can get paid very nicely to sit at home and watch TV for the next 4 years if he chooses. I don’t expect him to take any job he doesn’t really want.

Its the nature of the profession, but yes, I could be pretty content watching TV with half of what he stands to get the next 4 years.

What I think would be funny is if Terry Holland offers Lutz the job next week and he accepts right before the final Lutz Live here in Charlotte.

I thought the LL was tonight?

At first, I felt this would be a great job for Bobby and hoped he’d take it, but now I’m worried. If he takes a job in NC, which of our players are going to follow him there?

Its the nature of the profession, but yes, I could be pretty content watching TV with half of what he stands to get the next 4 years.

What I think would be funny is if Terry Holland offers Lutz the job next week and he accepts right before the final Lutz Live here in Charlotte.[/quote]

If Lutz accepts a job before we hire a new coach, I guess that would free up a little more money for us to negotiate with too.

You thought wrong, sucka.

What I think would be funny is if Terry Holland offers Lutz the job next week and he accepts right before the final Lutz Live here in Charlotte.[/quote]

If Lutz accepts a job before we hire a new coach, I guess that would free up a little more money for us to negotiate with too.[/quote]

Makes sense to me. Of course, I’ve never seen the contract.

If Lutz accepts a job before we hire a new coach, I guess that would free up a little more money for us to negotiate with too.[/quote]

Makes sense to me. Of course, I’ve never seen the contract.[/quote]
It was reported we will pay Lutz $948,000 over 4 years if he doesn’t find a new job. If he finds a new one and it pays less, we cover the difference.

Assuming he finds a well paying job, thats an extra 250k~/yr we can offer a coach.