Lutz future?

I know we all want his head on the chopping block. Many of us want to pull to the rope and drop the blade.

Lutz will never get fired from Charlotte, I think most of you know that. The only way he leaves is if he resigns (not likely) or finds a better job (after a year like this? doubtful)

Didnt he just buy that multi-million dollar mansion as well? Not to mention Lutz is a family man. I dont think he would pack up and leave when his kids are finishing high school.

Buckle down, hes gonna be here for a little while longer!

Lutz is not the one shooting 28% from the floor.

Lutz didn’t miss Leemire’s free throws, Lutz didn’t choke on Mitch’s wide-open layup, Lutz didn’t brick about fifteen good looks from inside 10’ and Lutz didn’t fall to the ground on the last possession screwing up our set play. I’m normally harsh on Bobby but our players, with some officiating help, lost this one.

Lutz didn't miss Leemire's free throws, Lutz didn't choke on Mitch's wide-open layup, Lutz didn't brick about fifteen good looks from inside 10' and Lutz didn't fall to the ground on the last possession screwing up our set play. I'm normally harsh on Bobby but our players, with some officiating help, lost this one.
Simple enough.

jcl I like your posts, you are very much a true fan. However, Lutz teams have no offensive flow and why he does not play man to man the enite game is beyond me.

Yes he can’t make the shots, but he can recruit good players, set up plays, instill good defensive habits, etc, etc.

We missed 4 easy ones in the first half which would have put us down 2. We executed pretty well in the second without any creativity from our PG. It wasn’t fancy but was working. Feed Curt and he had the option to drive, kick, or hit a big guy down low. Curt fould out (followed by Coleman and Nance) and we don’t get another rebound. Somebody has to step up.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;154131]Lutz didn’t miss Leemire’s free throws, Lutz didn’t choke on Mitch’s wide-open layup, Lutz didn’t brick about fifteen good looks from inside 10’ and Lutz didn’t fall to the ground on the last possession screwing up our set play. I’m normally harsh on Bobby but our players, with some officiating help, lost this one.[/QUOTE]
OK…here’s my response to this post: All of what you said is true,jcl,first of all i’m really tired of guys blaming the refs every game…its getting old,and the bad calls which they do make are usually for both sides,however we as fans tend to only see the ones that hurt our team.To me a coaches job is to recruit,hire the best staff,implement a system that maximizes our stregnths and allows us to win,and show leadership,as well as be an excellent game coach. I’ll give Bobby a pretty good mark on recruiting,much as it bothers me,he is going against the acc here and most kids would rather play there than here…sorry,its just reality.On every other point,I think he is weak…1)how many people think that ANY of his staff is head coaching material? Other than Delonte’s strong recruiting what the heck is anyone else really contributing? Is Benny Moss actually a big man coach? If so,he hasn’t had much success. Make that any success!..Next point,WHAT IS OUR SYSTEM? To me,it seems to be PLAY ALMOST NO DEFENSE,DO NOT LEARN HOW TO SET OR GET THRU SCREENS,HAVE ZERO SUCCESSFUL SET PLAYS,AND ALWAYS START OUT SLOW…TO ME,THATS BAD COACHING. How about showing leadership? I guess those on here who think he’s doing a good job will say that he does.To me,he doesn’t make the tough calls that’ll help the team(see Mitchell),tends to get very bad t’s at innoppurtune times,and has a lot of balls whenever he chides the crowds for being too small.How many niners under his watch have gotten MUCH better in there time here? Very few in my opinion.Bobby’s salary,last time I checked,wasn’t based upon how many of us show up…it is,or should be contingent on getting wins and running a clean program…IMHO,he’s not a bad coach…he’s just mediocre…which is what this team is,it hurts to say that,but its true.I think he could use a change…and so could we…only problem,in my eyes with that,is the person hiring the coach…oh well…now fire away at me,I can take it.

Withers/Nance/Coleman = 15 fouls
Eric Williams = 0 Fouls

this is one of two things:

1. an officiating problem

2. Eric Williams played the best game ever and never fouled or came close to one, while at the same time our front court were vicious and couldn’t help but foul nearly every time down the court.

in a close game down the stretch, I’ll submit that this foul issue cost us the game(but could’ve been overcome if we could hit wide open layups, had a PG, etc.)…therefore the officials have a direct outcome over the game, even if we did suck it up, so did wake.

yes, this team has serious shooting problems, yesterdays first half was very much like the GW game, good open shots/layups and did not go in.

But also in the last couple of weeks, this team is probably playing tougher D than most of the teams we have ever had.

By the way how many dq’s has curtis had in his career, maybe a couple in his frosh year ??

After watching yesterdays game, it’s plain and simple:

Out team is full of dumbasses who don’t listen for shit

I don’t think Bobby draws up plays after a timeout for the team to dribble around halfcourt and throw up a shoot.

I am usually hard on Bobby, but it is our stupid players who suck and the reason we are NIT bound

.......therefore the officials have a direct outcome over the game...

This is in almost every close game. A bad foul can influence a game whether called in the first half or second. Anyone can dissect every call of every game and can probably find a bad call, if not a few. Again, we played at Wake. Got to anticipate some home cooking.

BUT, bottom line…We lost because of our first half play. The fact that we did not get some calls or they did not go our way did not help BUT:

We lost because of our first half play. If we would have had a first half like the second, we would have won, despite any bad calls, so…

We lost because of our first half play. Any other reason, in this case, is just a tired excuse.

Yes, we have low IQ bball players, I agree. But, these guys weren’t handed to us. We actively recruited them. They are Lutz’ boys.

If they don’t listen, sit them all and put in walkons or whoever. I don’t care about winning and losing anymore, I just wanna see decent team bball.

Coach is getting paid half a mill a year. Its his program, his responsibility. Period.

[QUOTE=A-10 bound;154127]I know we all want his head on the chopping block. Many of us want to pull to the rope and drop the blade.
[/QUOTE]

A small, vocal group don’t represent “all” of us around here.

As everybody said, we had our chances, if our players have a halfway decent shooting night, we would have won by at least 10. Coaches call the plays to get good looks and keep the other team off balance. We had open shots and our press confused them all night, the coaches did their job, but the shots didn’t fall.

By the way how many dq's has curtis had in his career, maybe a couple in his frosh year ??
This will amaze you, Curtis fouled out of one game in each of the past 2 seasons. He's fouled out 3 times this season; against Wyoming, Davidson and Wake Forest.

When was the last time we had 3 players foul out in regulation?

[QUOTE=jcl49er;154131]Lutz didn’t miss Leemire’s free throws, Lutz didn’t choke on Mitch’s wide-open layup, Lutz didn’t brick about fifteen good looks from inside 10’ and Lutz didn’t fall to the ground on the last possession screwing up our set play. I’m normally harsh on Bobby but our players, with some officiating help, lost this one.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth.

Our offensive was once againw ay too passive in Mitch’s hands and too many guys were trying to make plays OUTSIDE our offense - it has to be blatantly obvious to anyone who watches us play regularly. This is what happens everytime we play one of these damn ACC schools. To be honest, I’m tired of playing them. Our guys just lose their heads and play like shit. There really isn;t much Lutz can do about it besides sub in one numbskull for another. I dont think he could count on more than 2 or 3 guys yesterday and he had to keep 5 on the floor. There’s not much else he could do. The team just choked, again.

Exactly! I can’t knock Bobby at all about yesterday. We had great looks at the basket.

I guess all of you forget that Lutz recruited these players. What in the world was he thinking bringing all the jucos in that can’t compete at this level?

THE BUCK STOPS WITH LUTZ. HE ALONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DEBACLE. A WASTED SEASON AND NEXT YEAR WILL NOT BE ANY BETTER.

We are at the start of a down-turn in the program. It scares me as to how long it will actually last until Lutz is gone. I no longer think Lutz can take us any furhter in the direction we want to go. Just not going to happen.

[QUOTE=77niner;154234]I guess all of you forget that Lutz recruited these players. What in the world was he thinking bringing all the jucos in that can’t compete at this level?

THE BUCK STOPS WITH LUTZ. HE ALONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DEBACLE. A WASTED SEASON AND NEXT YEAR WILL NOT BE ANY BETTER.

We are at the start of a down-turn in the program. It scares me as to how long it will actually last until Lutz is gone. I no longer think Lutz can take us any furhter in the direction we want to go. Just not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

When has Charlotte been able to get any it wanted? Who can we bring in to save the program and give me their record?

Bobby coached a good game.