Lutz Highly Sought After By VT

Virginia Tech. Word has it that he’s not far away from becoming their new head coach. Probably a dream come true for him. Coaching in a big conference is what he always wanted. NCSU I’d assume gave him the associate head coach job to do their part in trying to keep him as long as possible.

thanks for your contribution.

[quote=“Threemire09, post:3, topic:26704”]thanks for your contribution.[/quote]Thanks for the 100000000th Lutz thread.

You’re welcome, this one does have some importance. Didn’t know I hit the milestone thread.

4 posts and the thread has not been moved.

[quote=“Threemire09, post:5, topic:26704”]You’re welcome, this one does have some importance. Didn’t know I hit the milestone thread.[/quote]Has 0 importance to our program and just because someone tweeted it doesn’t mean he’s “not far from being their head coach.”

If I were VT, I’d target Blaine Taylor and Chris Mooney over Bobby Lutz. They’re familiar with the Virginia area and have had more success than Greenburg despite being in a conference that is less attractive to recruits.

Who tweeted it? And you already established that it has nothing to do with “us” so you Can’t be VT. They’ll have to make their own decision.

No offense to Bobby, because IMHO he is a better coach than Greenberg, but still, he has as much chance at landing that job as I do.

And as far as I know, I’m not a serious candidate.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:9, topic:26704”]No offense to Bobby, because IMHO he is a better coach than Greenberg, but still, he has as much chance at landing that job as I do.

And as far as I know, I’m not a serious candidate.[/quote]

You might be in luck, he’ll need a few assistants ;D

Oh please, please, hire him Virginia Tech. From what I’ve been told, we stop paying him when he gets a head coaching job even if his contract is not up. Plus, I doubt anyone is going to be consistently successful in men’s basketball at that school, so we’d get to stop hearing what a great coach we fired. He’s in a good situation now and he’s likely smart enough to know it. If our program fails to move forward, in about 18 months I’m tweeting that Lutz is coming back here.

Everyone here knows if he’s offered the job, he’s gone.

Yes, and God forbid we want someone to hire a fellow 49er because it might be good for him or we would like for him to have success.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:9, topic:26704”]No offense to Bobby, because IMHO he is a better coach than Greenberg, but still, he has as much chance at landing that job as I do.

And as far as I know, I’m not a serious candidate.[/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue:

VT has to be thinking 1. Shaka Smart 2. Bobby Lutz

[quote=“Threemire09, post:15, topic:26704”]VT has to be thinking 1. Shaka Smart 2. Bobby Lutz[/quote]Shaka is not going to go to VT. He already turned down a better program that offered him double what he makes now.

Yes, and God forbid we want someone to hire a fellow 49er because it might be good for him or we would like for him to have success.[/quote] Well, my assumption (wrong or right) is that winning at Va Tech is unlikely for any coach. I’m not sure that him going there would be good for him, but it might be good for us financially and otherwise. Maybe, i should have said please DON’T hire him Va Tech, but if you do there will be a silver lining to that cloud?

:stuck_out_tongue: Just left BK. It’s a 4 year deal worth $750k pr year.

I just heard through the grapevine that Roy might be leaving and chapel hill has Major on its list of potential hires. Oh no, what will we do?

I’m on to your schemes. Just cause you mentioned Major it will not get this moved back to the 49er Basketball forum.

I know your games. :))