Lutz Live tonight (1/17)

Indeed. I've blocked Chisox's shot in pickup games enough to know who he and his leading lady is.

Youā€™re a shorter, white, Marcus Camby. :lol:

This is the sort of thing that seperates the mid-major posters from the high-major posters.... :biggrin:
Shush you neffer.

bump

talked about the injuries to Ian and CC3. Ianā€™s swelling has decreased and he should be good to go against Fordham (edit: thanks ChevEE!) Bobby said that he would have definitely wanted to play against St. Joeā€™s with Ian available - but we won. Coley did not practice yesterday. Weā€™re seeing the effects of an ankle injury he suffered in juco and the staff has been treating it all year - thereā€™s no swelling or restriction of movement. Just a lot of pain. He plays through the pain because thatā€™s who he is - and will most likely ask to play this weekend.

Question about the in-bounds plays. Bobby said that it was what they worked on in practice yesterday and he wants it corrected now.

Talked about how the A10 coaches all talk amongst themselves. He said that if a coach sees a flaw early in conference play - another coach will exploit it later in conference play.

Question about challenging other conferences. Bobby said that they were approached by the Mountain West about a challenge but it was too much travel to make sense. The league also approached the Missouri Valley, but the MVC did not seem to welcome the idea.

Bobby said he really wants to play the best. Discussed how he always liked how CUSA could guarantee that all of the strong, ranked opponents in the conference would come to Halton every other year. But trying to get a strong, ranked opponent to come to Halton in non-conference play for a series is damned near impossible (but theyā€™ll still call everybody). Talked about how heā€™s really liking the quality of the A10 this year and said that heā€™s really looking foward to the challenge of regularly facing strong, ranked opponents again.

[QUOTE=survivor45;285914]talked about the injuries to Ian and CC3. Ianā€™s swelling has decreased and he should be good to go in 2 weeks or so. [/QUOTE]
I thought he said Ian will probably play on the 26th, at home against Fordham.

[QUOTE=survivor45;285914]Question about the in-bounds plays. Bobby said that it was what they worked on in practice yesterday and he wants it corrected now.

Talked about how the A10 coaches all talk amongst themselves. He said that if a coach sees a flaw early in conference play - another coach will exploit it later in conference play.[/QUOTE]
About freaking time! I was watching some of our old games on DVD and remembered that this is nothing new. We have done it for a long time. We learned in the last game that we can score off of an inbounds, we just need our opponent to inbounds itā€¦ :biggrin:

[QUOTE=survivor45;285914]bump

talked about the injuries to Ian and CC3. Ianā€™s swelling has decreased and he should be good to go in 2 weeks or so. Bobby said that he would have definitely wanted to play against St. Joeā€™s with Ian available - but we won. Coley did not practice yesterday. Weā€™re seeing the effects of an ankle injury he suffered in juco and the staff has been treating it all year - thereā€™s no swelling or restriction of movement. Just a lot of pain. He plays through the pain because thatā€™s who he is - and will most likely ask to play this weekend.

Question about the in-bounds plays. Bobby said that it was what they worked on in practice yesterday and he wants it corrected now.
[/QUOTE]

I heard parts of it but missed the injury talk. The Coley injury really concerns me. Seems that will be an issue all season and weā€™re already short with Ian out. Iā€™d like to see Coley get rested more over the next couple of weeks but we are a different defensive team without him. Maybe Gaby can come in and do more.

With Ian out and Harris, Dewhurst, Gerrity not shooting threes, we donā€™t have much on the perimeter at all.

I now think that we just havenā€™t worked on the inbounds plays as much due to trying to teach so many other parts of the system. Focus has been on other aspects and when you can just throw it to the backcourt without penalty and then set up what youā€™ve practiced, why not. Iā€™m sure it will get better.

I heard parts of it but missed the injury talk. The Coley injury really concerns me. Seems that will be an issue all season and we're already short with Ian out. I'd like to see Coley get rested more over the next couple of weeks but we are a different defensive team without him. Maybe Gaby can come in and do more.

With Ian out and Harris, Dewhurst, Gerrity not shooting threes, we donā€™t have much on the perimeter at all.

I now think that we just havenā€™t worked on the inbounds plays as much due to trying to teach so many other parts of the system. Focus has been on other aspects and when you can just throw it to the backcourt without penalty and then set up what youā€™ve practiced, why not. Iā€™m sure it will get better.

Gerrity is pretty solid from the 3 in practice, atleast. He made that shot clock beater versus Gardner-Webb, too. I think he has the ability.

A10 - Big East challenge. Seriously.

love bobbyā€™s comment about the ACC being afraid to come to halton/play us at all ā€¦ ā€˜theyā€™re not returning our calls.ā€™ HILARIOUS.

[QUOTE=lucky57;285633]Iā€™m working tonight. Could someone ask why Gaby isnā€™t getting more minutes?[/QUOTE]

Anyone know the answer?