LUTZ LIVE TONIGHT (Thurs 1/8)

[QUOTE=eason49;375463]I will personally send you $5 if you call and ask that.

Be prepared to get yelled at.[/QUOTE]

I can yell back- he doesnā€™t sign my paycheck.

we were 5-6 before anybody got hurt so injuries arent an excuse.

Oh so I must have just imagined Shamarr Bowden tearing his patellaā€¦ and Mike Gerrity never transfered right? :rolleyes:
Sorry, not trying to be an ass, but I hate when people completely dismiss the fact that the guy who was supposed to start and get major minutes at sg for us got hurt and is out for the year, and our only other legit pg quit. Itā€™s more than just Dew and Anjuan. Should we be better than 5 and 8? Absolutely, but without Shamarr and Gerrity, you canā€™t honestly expect us to be world beaters.

Mr B gave a good recap. Bobby gave good rundowns on Tulsa and LaSalle. Said most of the returning guys remember the Tulsa beatdown, and are hungry for a win. He said (and has been saying all year) that LaSalle is his sleeper pick to do damage in the league. He said theyā€™re tall at every position, and play a lot like the Crum coached Louisville teams of the past.

Coley was asked what the craziest dunk heā€™s ever done was, he said he once dunked over a car (a nissan)! :ohmy:

Oh so I must have just imagined Shamarr Bowden tearing his patella.. and Mike Gerrity never transfered right? :rolleyes: Sorry, not trying to be an ass, but I hate when people completely dismiss the fact that the guy who was supposed to start and get major minutes at sg for us got hurt and is out for the year, and our only other legit pg quit. It's more than just Dew and Anjuan. Should we be better than 5 and 8? Absolutely, but without Shamarr and Gerrity, you can't honestly expect us to be world beaters.

Mr B gave a good recap. [SIZE=3]Bobby gave good rundowns on Tulsa and LaSalle. Said most of the returning guys remember the Tulsa beatdown, and are hungry for a win. He said (and has been saying all year) that LaSalle is his sleeper pick to do damage in the league.[/SIZE] He said theyā€™re tall at every position, and play a lot like the Crum coached Louisville teams of the past.

Coley was asked what the craziest dunk heā€™s ever done was, he said he once dunked over a car (a nissan)! :ohmy:

This is what he said on this weekā€™s 49ers Insider. If you havenā€™t seen the Insider, click on my sig. :biggrin:

[QUOTE=Chisox17;375619]but I hate when people completely dismiss the fact that the guy who was supposed to start and get major minutes at sg for us got hurt and is out for the year, and our only other legit pg quit.[/QUOTE]

When people say stuff like this, it makes it seem like we are relying heavly on a freshman whos never played a minute of college ball. I donā€™t think he would have came in and made a huge difference right off the bat. Harris has played very well this year and has looked far more impressive than Gerrity did last year. I donā€™t think Gerrity leaving made us so that bad considering the way Harris has been playing. Sure, Gerrity would be improved this year, but that would take away from Harris production this year as well, so I dontā€™ think it would be THAT much of a difference.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;375611]I only heard a few miutes of it on the radio, so Iā€™ll provide a partial recap.

• Lutz was talking about the strength of the league from top to bottom
  • Someone asked about tht backup PG and he said the goal was to play Harris for as close to 40 minutes as posible and we are making adjustments to protect him from foul trouble
  • Coley was the guest player and he was asked about his dunks, why he has great games vs Duquense, and when he will break his afro out. He will be wearing the fro for X. Said he likes blocking shots better than dunking. He likes to play video games with Phil Jones. Matt also asked him if he was a Gators fan being from Florida, and Coley said ā€˜Go Gatorsā€™. Iā€™m assuming he is talking about the restuarant.

Thats about all I have.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Chisox17] Mr B gave a good recap. Bobby gave good rundowns on Tulsa and LaSalle. Said most of the returning guys remember the Tulsa beatdown, and are hungry for a win. He said (and has been saying all year) that LaSalle is his sleeper pick to do damage in the league. He said theyā€™re tall at every position, and play a lot like the Crum coached Louisville teams of the past.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider]If you havenā€™t seen the Insider, click on my sig.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Iā€™ll admit it. I watched for the 1st time today.

Previously, I kept saying ā€œYeah, Iā€™ll watch it laterā€ā€¦but later never arrived.

It was well done, but more important than ANYTHING when I consider the available information sources around Charlotteā€¦

THE REPORT ACTUALLY TOLD ME SOMETHING OF SUBSTANCE.

Memo to self. Keep an eye out for future 49ers Insider Reports.

When people say stuff like this, it makes it seem like we are relying heavly on a freshman whos never played a minute of college ball. I don't think he would have came in and made a huge difference right off the bat. Harris has played very well this year and has looked far more impressive than Gerrity did last year. I don't think Gerrity leaving made us so that bad considering the way Harris has been playing. Sure, Gerrity would be improved this year, but that would take away from Harris production this year as well, so I dont' think it would be THAT much of a difference.

Bowden would have helped tremendously because having a really good shooter frees up our forwards and centers.

Gerrity would have helped because he would give Harris some breathing room, and Harris could be more aggressive on D, not having to worry about fouls.

Itā€™s up for debate as to how many more wins weā€™d have with them on the floor, but I donā€™t think there is any doubt that we would be better than 5 and 8 if we had those two.

Thanks.

Ok. Iā€™ll admit it. I watched for the 1st time today.

Previously, I kept saying ā€œYeah, Iā€™ll watch it laterā€ā€¦but later never arrived.

It was well done, but more important than ANYTHING when I consider the available information sources around Charlotteā€¦

THE REPORT ACTUALLY TOLD ME SOMETHING OF SUBSTANCE.

Memo to self. Keep an eye out for future 49ers Insider Reports.

That was beautifulā€¦my eyes are welling upā€¦:weep:
Thank you JoeSixPack. You deserve a 49ers Insider T-shirt.
PM your address and your shirt-size.

Gerrity would have helped because he would give Harris some breathing room, and Harris could be more aggressive on D, not having to worry about fouls.

I agree with the other poster ChiSoxā€¦perhaps the lack of Gerrity has really helped Harris because he has truly progressed this season into a really good PG. Gerrity wouldā€™ve only eaten into his minutes when you think of about it.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;375654]Bowden would have helped tremendously because having a really good shooter frees up our forwards and centers.

Itā€™s up for debate as to how many more wins weā€™d have with them on the floor, but I donā€™t think there is any doubt that we would be better than 5 and 8 if we had those two.[/QUOTE]

8-5.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;375662]8-5.[/QUOTE]

I think 8-5 would be about right. I donā€™t think we would be world beaters, but we would def be better off.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;375662]8-5.[/QUOTE]

With Bowden and Gerrity?

11-3.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;375672]With Bowden and Gerrity?

11-3.[/QUOTE]

Youā€™re being ambitious.

At least our fans can pretend like weā€™d be good. Thatā€™s something, I guess.

With Bowden and Gerrity?

11-3.

quite likely especially if wilderness and dew were to have stayed healthy, but 8-5 seems like the most likely, i believe some of the close loses have been coaching failures

[QUOTE=ozmosis49er;375677]quite likely especially if wilderness and dew were to have stayed healthy, but 8-5 seems like the most likely, i believe some of the close loses have been coaching failures[/QUOTE]

ā€œSomeā€ā€¦When was the last time in a close game we executed a successful o-o-bound play? I donā€™t claim to be an expert,but I always read that the 2 things that coaches can instill thru hustle and preparation in their teams are 1) Rebounding and 2) a few good set playsā€¦Where do we rank in those categories? ā€¦Letā€™s face it,those of us who think Bobby is a mediocre coach(at best) will probably not change our minds and those of us who think the last 5 years or so are just a series of bad breaks and unexpected calamities which will improve the next year,probably wonā€™t eitherā€¦1 interesting thing I have noticedā€¦It seems like most of the relatively newer posters that iā€™ve seen,appear to be students and seem mostly unwilling to accept all the ā€œnot Bobbyā€™s faultā€ excusesā€¦GLAD TO HAVE YOU BOYS,DONā€™T LET THE APOLOGISTS INTIMIDATE YOU !

I have noticed...It seems like most of the relatively newer posters that i've seen,appear to be students and seem mostly unwilling to accept all the "not Bobby's fault" excuses...GLAD TO HAVE YOU BOYS,DON'T LET THE APOLOGISTS INTIMIDATE YOU !

Thank you for the warm welcome. :biggrin:

"Some"...When was the last time in a close game we executed a successful o-o-bound play? I don't claim to be an expert,but I always read that the 2 things that coaches can instill thru hustle and preparation in their teams are 1) Rebounding and 2) a few good set plays....Where do we rank in those categories? ..Let's face it,those of us who think Bobby is a mediocre coach(at best) will probably not change our minds and those of us who think the last 5 years or so are just a series of bad breaks and unexpected calamities which will improve the next year,probably won't either...1 interesting thing I have noticed...It seems like most of the relatively newer posters that i've seen,appear to be students and seem mostly unwilling to accept all the "not Bobby's fault" excuses...GLAD TO HAVE YOU BOYS,DON'T LET THE APOLOGISTS INTIMIDATE YOU !

Are you lumping yourself in the group thatā€™s least familiar with the program? Tomato, Tomoto. Apologists, realists.

[QUOTE=Normmm;375700]Are you lumping yourself in the group thatā€™s least familiar with the program? Tomato, Tomoto. Apologists, realists.[/QUOTE]

Maybe being less familiar is a good thing. We donā€™t have sympathy for the program based on the past, all we know is now. And now isnā€™t all that great.

As a sophomore, Iā€™ve never seen great from Charlotte basketball. I did see pretty good last year, though.

Maybe being less familiar is a good thing. We don't have sympathy for the program based on the past, all we know is now. And now isn't all that great.

As a sophomore, Iā€™ve never seen great from Charlotte basketball. I did see pretty good last year, though.

why listen to you? you have less than 1,500 postsā€¦

Post count is the most important thing ever.