LUTZ LIVE TONIGHT (Thurs 1/8)

[QUOTE=Powerbait;375703]Post count is the most important thing ever.[/QUOTE]

Coming from a guy with less than 5,000 postsā€¦

[QUOTE=darren;375704]Coming from a guy with less than 5,000 postsā€¦[/QUOTE]
He is 17 times more knowledgeable than you, though. Yep. I did the math.

Every one of my posts counts for triple the average poster.

Maybe being less familiar is a good thing. We don't have sympathy for the program based on the past, all we know is now. And now isn't all that great.

As a sophomore, Iā€™ve never seen great from Charlotte basketball. I did see pretty good last year, though.

Iā€™m joking and not implying anybodyā€™s opinion isnā€™t better than the other. There are plenty of long time fans that are in the anti-Lutz camp. Iā€™m just saying Iā€™m not sure Luckyā€™s comment is something Iā€™d hang my hat on.

Apologist says: ā€œEven without the injuries and transfers, weā€™re 2 losses by 1 and 2 losses in overtime from being 9-4. So I think with an injury free time predicting 10-3 is very realistic.ā€

Apologist also says: ā€œAnybody notice Maryland went 9 for 23 from 3 against Charlotte? Then went 1 for 14 against Morgan State. I know, defense plays a factor. Just saying I found it interesting.ā€

[QUOTE=Normmm;375711]Apologist also says: ā€œAnybody notice Maryland went 9 for 23 from 3 against Charlotte? Then went 1 for 14 against Morgan State. I know, defense plays a factor. Just saying I found it interesting.ā€[/QUOTE]

Sounds like morgan state plays better defense than Charlotteā€¦

:frowning:

My fault for misunderstanding. Iā€™m still young. :smile:

Post 26

Sounds like morgan state plays better defense than Charlotte...

:frowning:

Yea, I referenced that in my post. I donā€™t doubt that they do. But the compete 1 for 14 canā€™t be attributed to just their defense. Thatā€™s horrible. Duke plays great defense but I doubt theyā€™ve held anybody to 7%.

[QUOTE=sreniN;375713]My fault for misunderstanding. Iā€™m still young. :smile:

Post 26[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s alright, there are people who have posted here for years that have the brain of an infant.

[QUOTE=Normmm;375715]Yea, I referenced that in my post. I donā€™t doubt that they do. But the compete 1 for 14 canā€™t be attributed to just their defense. Thatā€™s horrible. Duke plays great defense but I doubt theyā€™ve held anybody to 7%.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve held teams to 7% 3pt shooting.

Maybe Morgan State is better than usā€¦Or maybe theyā€™ve had less injuries.Funny thing is we should have beaten Clemsonā€¦an undefeated team.Of course,with 2 shots at it in the last 7 secs. we ended up with the worst possible alternative shooting itā€¦When that happens onceā€¦or twice,maybe itā€™s a coincidence.When it happens almost all the timeā€¦I think itā€™s lousy coaching.But,Hey,iā€™ve got less than 800 posts,so what do I know.

Apologist also says: "Anybody notice Maryland went 9 for 23 from 3 against Charlotte? Then went 1 for 14 against Morgan State. I know, defense plays a factor. Just saying I found it interesting."

We are shooting .333 from 3, our opponents are shooting .373. We are shooting the same as our opponents (.427 vs .425) down low. Seems like weā€™d focus more on taking the ball to the paint.

If a few key shots wouldā€™ve went down this year at the end of games heā€™d be considered a great coach right now.

[QUOTE=Threemire09;375720]If a few key shots wouldā€™ve went down this year at the end of games heā€™d be considered a great coach right now.[/QUOTE]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

If a few key shots would've went down this year at the end of games he'd be considered a great coach right now.

Lutz has the most wins in school history, does that mean anything? Of course in this day and age, itā€™s what have you done for me lately. 20 wins last year was not enough for some, so to them, he has not done much. The losses this year are as much on the players as they are on Lutz. They take the shots, make the passes etc. Of course he draws up the plays and sets the gameplan, but he is not on the floor actually executing.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;375717]Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve held teams to 7% 3pt shooting.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful, they give up 30.3% per game from 3pt. And theyā€™re not particulalrly great at shooting them either.

[URL=http://chicagosports.sportsdirectinc.com/basketball/ncaab-teams.aspx?page=/data/ncaab/teams/team2518.html]http://chicagosports.sportsdirectinc.com/basketball/ncaab-teams.aspx?page=/data/ncaab/teams/team2518.html[/URL]

Their most dominant 3pt FG % this year was 11% to Va Tech, when Va Tech had that horrific 2nd half (scored only 13 pts). If you saw that game, Va Tech played like a certain Niner team did against Miss St a few years ago.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;375725]Doubtful, they give up 30.3% per game from 3pt. And theyā€™re not particulalrly great at shooting them either.

[URL=http://chicagosports.sportsdirectinc.com/basketball/ncaab-teams.aspx?page=/data/ncaab/teams/team2518.html]http://chicagosports.sportsdirectinc.com/basketball/ncaab-teams.aspx?page=/data/ncaab/teams/team2518.html[/URL]

Their most dominant 3pt FG % this year was 11% to Va Tech, when Va Tech had that horrific 2nd half (scored only 13 pts). If you saw that game, Va Tech played like a certain Niner team did against Miss St a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

I took his statement in a broader sense, not just this season.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;375654]Bowden would have helped tremendously because having a really good shooter frees up our forwards and centers.
[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s the thing iā€™m talking aboutā€¦Bowden hasnā€™t played college ball yet, so he might not even do that great at the start of the season. Him playing would take away minutes from Andersen, who has actually kept us in a lot of games this year (Clemson for starters). I donā€™t think Bowden will have as big of an impact as most people here think he will just as a freshman. I know youā€™ve watched Charlotte basketball long enough to know that even with our center free that they wouldnā€™t look to them! :wink:

Bowden hasn't played college ball yet, so he might not even do that great at the start of the season.
I was "given the opinion" that Bowden was a good offensive player but not the best defensively and that he had a lot to learn.