Lutz Live Tonight!!!!

[i]Originally posted by CMack124+Jan 13 2005, 09:17 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (CMack124 @ Jan 13 2005, 09:17 PM)
[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 10:51 PM [b] I'd be for the UNCC Final Four retros.

Think about the talk it would generate on the air. We would get the best of both worlds: rehashing our final four appearance with Cornbread, Melvin, etc. and pointing out the change in name for the althletic program and the push for the change in the institution. If it is in the press release, they will talk it up. Think about it. [/b]

Good post.
I’m all for moving to “Charlotte” as our name, for the teams and the school. As for “UNCC”, I saw teams that wore UNCC come from a fledgling D-1 school to the final of the NIT and the Final 4 in 2 successive years. I’m proud of NINER history and like it or not, our history includes a time when we were known as UNCC. Some of you need to get over it. You act like it was a shameful time. What a joke on YOU that is!! It was in fact, the BEST YEARS of our athletic history. Hopefully we can achieve more as Charlotte. I hope so. But as for “dry heaves”, I get them when I hear my NINER brethren dissing some of the best history the school has to offer, simply because our teams wore UNCC on their shirts. As for those folks, I hope you get to experience the thrills I’ve had as a UNCC (now Charlotte) student, alum, fan as I and many others that came before you.
GO NINERS!!

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Jan 14 2005, 07:53 AM [b] I'm all for moving to "Charlotte" as our name, for the teams and the school. As for "UNCC", I saw teams that wore UNCC come from a fledgling D-1 school to the final of the NIT and the Final 4 in 2 successive years. I'm proud of NINER history and like it or not, our history includes a time when we were known as UNCC. Some of you need to get over it. You act like it was a shameful time. What a joke on YOU that is!! It was in fact, the BEST YEARS of our athletic history. Hopefully we can achieve more as Charlotte. I hope so. But as for "dry heaves", I get them when I hear my NINER brethren dissing some of the best history the school has to offer, simply because our teams wore UNCC on their shirts. As for those folks, I hope you get to experience the thrills I've had as a UNCC (now Charlotte) student, alum, fan as I and many others that came before you. [/b]
Amen to that!

There is a signed photo on my office wall of Coach Lee Rose and myself. The inscription reads, “Always remember how great it was to help build the program at UNCC. Personal regards, Coach Lee Rose” It is one of my most prized momentos from my college days and 49ers memorobilia.

Traditions take time to form. Things are much different from the 1975-76 and 1976-77 seasons. And don’t forget, traditions and successes are not always achieved by wins on the court.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 08:59 PM [b] There was a lot of people calling in for a change. No amount of hype makes something appealing to people anymore. It's the quality of the product. We win, people listen. We win, people donate. We win, people attend games.

[/b]

You mean there were a lot of calls, right? I didn’t hear anyone asking for a change. :lol:

Yep, winning is the key…as evidenced by the turnout and phone calls. Everyone loves a winner. One of the callers asked how we become a major “player” in college basketball. Coach at first said…we lack the resources that some schools have…BUT then went on to say it’s all about winning. Win games and everything else takes care of itself. He also said the goal each year is to win the league. If not, at least finish in the top 4…which pretty much secures a NCAA bid in C-USA. Next is to get to sweet 16…which gives you tons of respect. Then final four and win it. Pretty obvious stuff, I know. He did not guarantee winning the nat’l championship like the caller asked him to do, ie Richardson’s promise for the Panthers.