Lutz Live Tonight!!!!

After a huge win like last night we need to make tonight’s Lutz Live a great one. Everyone make an effort to call in and ask coach some questions. The crowd is usually pretty good but we need people to call in.

Make it happen Niners!!!

what number do we call? where is it held?

[i]Originally posted by OriginalNinerNation1[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 02:51 PM [b] what number do we call? where is it held? [/b]
It's at O'Charley's. We were thinking of going before poker tonight. The Koosh will probably be there.

What time does it go on? Yeah, I should know, but I haven’t gone yet this year and the wife is out of town, so …

[i]Originally posted by ziltz[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 04:32 PM [b] What time does it go on? Yeah, I should know, but I haven't gone yet this year and the wife is out of town, so ..... [/b]
7-8 is airtime. Get on up there Ziltz and hand over a notepad of questions for the coach. :D

Thanks for the update, Lefty.

My daughter can fend for herself tonight, 'cause I’ll be at O’Charley’s!

GO NINERS!!!

Updates anyone?

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 08:44 PM [b]Updates anyone?[/b]
Nothing surprising,

-Mentioned that DA and Bennett both enjoy practice because they always emulate our opponant’s best players and that both would be fighting for major minutes if they were eligible this season.

-Said Plavich wants to coach in the future, also that he current coaches AAU teams and other coaches have told Bobby that Plavich outcoach’s AAU coach’s he goes up against.

-Liked the talking bobblehead idea.

-Said we couldn’t look past St. Louis, it would be a “mentally draining” game in the way UAB was physically draining.

-Brief mention that Pitino, the ACC and others won’t play us when responding to a question about what we have to do to become a national power.

-Said Withers and Basden will likely take votes away from each other for CUSA POY, hurting both’s chances of winning(and it sounded like the coaches are the ones who vote for this)

-Said the fans who show up are great, but made refences that he would like to see more.

That’s about it, it was my first Lutz Live, pretty fun. Probably close to 20 Niner fans there, nice way to spend an hour on Thursday nights.

There was a lot of people calling in for a change. No amount of hype makes something appealing to people anymore. It’s the quality of the product. We win, people listen. We win, people donate. We win, people attend games.

After the show, Lutz reiterated that CJ’s situation is entirely between the university and CJ. Pb made the statement “CJ thinks he’ll be back next year.” to which Bobby replied “I hope so.”

Also said there’s been mention of retro jerseys for the for TCU game on ESPN Classic but since it was announced so late, it’s a long shot. Also said he hadn’t been updated in a while by “Bob.” I’m guessing he means Kummer?

Should we start the email campaign for gold throwbacks?

if the throwbacks say UNCC i’m against them

I’m not, we went to a Final Four as UNCC.

maybe so, but a national audience seeing the phrase UNCC is not good. whenever i see UNCC i have dry heaves

im all for the throwbacks bring out the gold or the final four jerseys.

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 09:41 PM [b] maybe so, but a national audience seeing the phrase UNCC is not good. whenever i see UNCC i have dry heaves [/b]
I agree. Don't advertise the UNCC. It's hard enough to break away from that. We don't need a nationally televised (LIVE) game saying we're UNCC.

I’d love some retro jerseys, but not with the UNCC.

That defeats the purpose of a retro jersey. Respect your roots, we were UNCC long before we were Charlotte. It would be a slap in the face to the guys who played as UNCC to have a retro jersey that just said Charlotte.

I hear ya. I’m torn. I definitely respect where we used to be and where we are today. I just cringe at the “UNCC.”

…and I didn’t mean to say let’s have retro jerseys with “Charlotte.” It should be all or nothing.

i’d prefer no retros at all and avoid the issue all together

I’d be for the UNCC Final Four retros.

Think about the talk it would generate on the air. We would get the best of both worlds: rehashing our final four appearance with Cornbread, Melvin, etc. and pointing out the change in name for the althletic program and the push for the change in the institution. If it is in the press release, they will talk it up. Think about it.

Don’t be scared of your history.Going to the Final Four as UNCC is something to be damn proud of. I’m gonna email Kummer in the morning to see if he knows anything about it.

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 09:41 PM [b] maybe so, but a national audience seeing the phrase UNCC is not good. whenever i see UNCC i have dry heaves [/b]
Never forget your roots.

Cornbread doesn’t ‘dry heave’ when he hears it.

You are what you are.