Lutz & Marshall, at Final Four

In case anyone was wondering, Bobby is in Indianapolis for the final four. Pretty much all coaches are. Remember he is the chair of the basketball rules committee as well.

I see he is rumored to be in the mix for the Marshall job, updated tweet from Goodman a short time ago.

goodmanonfox Marshall interviewed Tom Herrion yesterday, according to source. Jayson Gee (Clev St) today. Bobby Lutz and Buzz Peterson in the mix.

Is there a job on this planet Buzz Peterson isnt in the mix for?

Panthers QB

Panthers QB[/quote]

I just posted on my twitter page that he is, so you are now wrong.

Bobby Lutz, Buzz Peterson, Tom Herrion (College of Charleston) and Ed Conroy (The Citadel) were being interviewed, 3 yesterday and Conroy today according to the Charleston Post and Courier. Donnie Jones was being paid in the $400,000-500,000 range.

sign the guy with something to prove, Bobby will fit there too

Hope Bobby gets it. Id like to see him with a chance at another school.

I’m cheering for Bobby. Would love to see him get a good gig. I think he could do some solid things at Marshall.

Good luck Bobby.

Bonus is Bobby bleeds green, wouldn’t need a transfusion for this one.

He could be very successful there, and he’d be coaching a few guys we recruited like Pitts, Baines, and Espinosa. Whiteside is still there but I expect him to declare since he’s going to be a 21-year old So. next year. If not, Lutz or any other coach would have a lot to work with.

Edit: I see Whiteside has already declared.

From the Charleston Daily Mail: Herd’s Hamrick making progress with coach search

Lutz is believed to have been given a boost in his candidacy by West Virginia Coach [b]Bob Huggins[/b], who was contacted by Hamrick for input on recommendations. Lutz went 7-15 against Huggins at Cincinnati in Conference USA before the 49ers moved to the Atlantic 10.

Maybe Huggy bear ain’t such a bad guy.

Lutz is believed to have been given a boost in his candidacy by WestVirginia Coach Bob Huggins, who was contacted by Hamrick for input onrecommendations. Lutz went 7-15 against Huggins at Cincinnati inConference USA before the 49ers moved to the Atlantic 10.
I'd say it's the least Huggins could do after destroying Lutz's amazing recruiting class a few years back.

Lutz would be a great fit for Huntington. Lutz has the aura of a good ol’ boy that would mesh well with the fan base. His style of play would also be a better fit for CUSA than it was for the A10. He already has a good bit of his kind of players at Marshall since many of them were serious Charlotte targets at one point anyway.

This would be a good landing spot. I hope he is the guy, his resume is better than anyone else on their list… That was also the case for the ECU job though.

Just checked out some of Marshall’s message boards and most are impressed with Bobby and would like to have him. I really hope he gets this job.

Does Marshall play “in-state rival” WVU in basketball? Huggins vs Lutz again could be interesting.

They did this year. I believe they try to play each other every year, but not sure.

Good luck Bobby!

Bobby Haas proven he can win in C-USA. He will get athletes and better shooters like he did before. Hamrick is a good ole boy and will like Bobby. Hope it works out.

Any relation to Jay Haas?

It would work out for the Lutz family to be at Marshall. His youngest daughter doesn’t have to go as far to get home from UK.