Lutz On MSP This Morning

I missed the early parts but tuned in when they began asking Coach about the Cincy game. Gary talked about Maxiell and asked Coach how they would deprive him of the right low block/going baseline? Lutz pretty much said that he’s so strong that he is always able to get great position. He said that it’s almost impossible to double-team him because he shoots the ball so quickly. He said we play him as a “shooter” actually. Coach said that Eddie does the best job of defending that type of player but that because of Maxiell’s size/strength, Eddie just gets wore down defending him.

He also talked about how Hicks has become a really good shooter as well and that he, along with Maxiell are the two guys they are most concerned about. And he went on to say that Cincy has a much more difficult team to defend than in the past because they now shoot the 3-ball so well.

Gary asked Coach if he applied the tough love or carress approach to the team after the ECU game and coach said “both.” He said it wasn’t for a lack of effort but just for a lack of execution. And he noted the scoreless period we went through to end the game. He didn’t speak of any individual players in regards to that game. He said he still gave the guys Sunday and Tuesday off but have had some intense practices this week. Said he would back off today to conserve legs.

Gary asked Coach about Louisville and Bobby said he didn’t think we’d see the logjam we had last year because Louisville is just so strong. But he did note that they have a couple tough games yet to play and that anything can happen.

Gary then joked about Lutz making sure to check Huggins pockets before the game to make note of the coins in his pockets so we can compare them to any that may get tossed on the court. :stuck_out_tongue:

And lastly, Coach said he thought the Patriots would win the Super Bowl and that you can’t bet against Tom Brady

And this pretty much goes without saying and I doubt the people that use this site would be ignorant enough to toss anything on the court but…

IF you see anyone throw anything, please tell the campus police immediately so they can get tossed out of the game. Personally, I’m sick of this behavior ALWAYS happening during this game. It’s embarrassing, disgusting and it WILL cost us a game at some point. For the life of me, I just can’t understand why it’s done but it seems to happen every time. It’s not cool and you’re complete dumbass that should not only be kicked out of the game but lose all rights to EVER attend another home game if you get caught doing it.

:end rant:

Lutz’s first comment about tomorrow: the Cinci game is a test of toughness. He told the team that on Wednesday. He said we have the TALENT, no doubt about it BUT do we have the TOUGHNESS to beat a physical team like Cinci???

I agree completely. We have some great talent, especially offensively but I think we lack the mean streak. I sure hope we see it tomorrow.

What was the thing about him wearing basketball shoes tomorrow? Or was that a jab at Herrion at ECU.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 4 2005, 08:16 AM [b] And this pretty much goes without saying and I doubt the people that use this site would be ignorant enough to toss anything on the court but...

IF you see anyone throw anything, please tell the campus police immediately so they can get tossed out of the game. Personally, I’m sick of this behavior ALWAYS happening during this game. It’s embarrassing, disgusting and it WILL cost us a game at some point. For the life of me, I just can’t understand why it’s done but it seems to happen every time. It’s not cool and you’re complete dumbass that should not only be kicked out of the game but lose all rights to EVER attend another home game if you get caught doing it.

:end rant: [/b]

If you see anyone throw anything on the court. Fina a blunt object and beat them about the head. You have my blessing.

[b]He also talked about how Hicks has become a really good shooter as well[/b]

That’s puzzling. I have yet to watch a Cincy game and see Hicks make a shot from outside of the lane (other than a free throw). All of his points while I was watching the UL game Wednesday came on putbacks or free throws. If we can keep him away fromt he basket he will not hurt us.

I think Hicks hit a 3 in the first meeting and I was thinking WTF, but it was nothing but net…

Anyway, it’s fitting that this game is on Super Bowl Weekend, because every year it is our Super Bowl. Add the Bobblehead factor, and this one will be wild…

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 4 2005, 08:16 AM [b] And this pretty much goes without saying and I doubt the people that use this site would be ignorant enough to toss anything on the court but... [/b]
Persinger uses this site & he would throw stuff............ at the 49ers.

B) B) B)

He said he’s become a more prolific scorer, not shooter. Lutz also added most of Hicks’ baskets come around the rim, abberrations like occassional three pointers aside.