Lutz outcoached?

JJ’s got the postgame transcript at NinerReport.com. VERY VERY interesting things in there. Probably the best one this year and there have been a few dandy comments.

I particularly like the part when Lutz admits to getting outcoached!!

Must read!

NinerReport Transcript

[i]Originally posted by 82NinerAlum[/i]@Dec 19 2004, 09:29 PM [b] JJ's got the postgame transcript at NinerReport.com. VERY VERY interesting things in there. Probably the best one this year and there have been a few dandy comments.

I particularly like the part when Lutz admits to getting outcoached!!

Must read!

NinerReport Transcript [/b]

He gets outcoached 10-12 times/year. How is this news?

Professional courtesy, nothing more.

Eddie had a very good game, EJ played pretty well too. Eveyone else looked off. Plavich looked sick still.

Take the W and have some good practices. All we can hope for.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Dec 19 2004, 09:40 PM [b] Professional courtesy, nothing more.

Eddie had a very good game, EJ played pretty well too. Eveyone else looked off. Plavich looked sick still.

Take the W and have some good practices. All we can hope for. [/b]

[b]Professional courtesy, nothing more.[/b]

Thanks for clearing that up.

[b]Plavich looked sick[/b]

Is that what we are calling it now? He didn’t look too sick to me sucking down beers and tequilla shots after the game.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Dec 19 2004, 11:13 PM [b]
[b]Plavich looked sick[/b]

Is that what we are calling it now? He didn’t look too sick to me sucking down beers and tequilla shots after the game. [/b]

PI, did you never go out drinking while having a cold or fever when you were in school? I sure did. Still do. B) Not too smart of a thing to do, though.

Of course, if we don’t play any better against IU than we did against UNCA, we’re gonna be in trouble.

Yes, but how often does he say “I was outcoached???”

That’s why it’s news genius.

The best insight into the games, is in that post-game transcript. That’s not just a plug for JJ. The outcoached stuff from Lutz is a nice move. The team played badly, UNCA played well and we have a big game Wednesday.

His comments about needing to share the basketball better was telling. We only had 11 assists and 0 from Mitchell. Several of his passes were deflected to his credit but we have to find a way to score more in the halfcourt when Plavich is off. Iti did a nice job. Curt missed several easy ones. I thought Nance scored some nice buckets.

Just a thought… down 8 with roughly a minute and a half to go, and UNC-A isn’t fouling.
Why not? Didn’t they realize how wretched we are at hitting foul shots that matter?

Pi, I feel bad for any children you raise. If they make one mistake you will never let them live that down.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Dec 20 2004, 11:50 AM [b] Pi, I feel bad for any children you raise. If they make one mistake you will never let them live that down. [/b]
And here we go.

[He gets outcoached 10-12 times/year. How is this news? ]

I agree this isn’t news! Lutzs gets outcoached on a regular basis. Thank goodness for Basden!

eddie basden refuses to let us lose. damn that guy is THE MAN

Biedenbach didn’t even coach! He spent more time joking with the officials. The game has passed him by and his is just biding his time, waiting for retirement!

Lutz said this out of frustration. As I said in another thread, we were never seriously threatened and, no, UNCA did not play well. Rush got hot on the 3’s with some open looks and that is what kept them from getting blown!

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Dec 19 2004, 11:13 PM [b] He didn't look too sick to me sucking down beers and tequilla shots after the game. [/b]
PI,

Thanks for that RELEVANT…let me repeat…RELEVANT piece of information (sarcasm anyone?).

You are simply an @ss! What does that statement have to do with Plav’s health? You only said it as a way to make Plav (a player YOU don’t like) look bad.

Is he the ONLY player on the team that drinks? Mitch, our starting PG, had 0 assits…was he sick…or was he sucking down drinks too (since he’s your favorite…I’d like to know your thoughts on that).

Bottom line is that this statement is the sole reason people on this board detest you so much. You only talk about NEGATIVE issues with players YOU don’t like.

Talk about a self-serving pompous @ss!!

Now, please reply in perfect PI fashion…criticize my hometown as a way to deal with your own inadequacies and realizations that you are indeed the @ss everyone has been telling you that you are.

First of all, I know Beidenbach and he is a good, good man. He does a pretty good job as well. They get beat by a lot of tourney bound teams and cash a lot of checks that help a little school like UNC-A function in other sports. He took them to the tourney a couple of years ago for the first time and they won the play-in game and were respectable against a good Texas team.

As far as Lutz getting outcoached, rarely happens. He doesn’t outcoach anybody else either. I can draw up plays and if the players execute we have a chance to win, if not we lose. The oldest play in the book is the pick and roll, if done right it can’t be defended.

Too many people get caught up in coaches. Everybody creams over Coach K. If he’s so much smarter basketball-wise than everybody else, why didn’t he win the championship at Army? I’ll tell you, TALENT. You’ve got to recruit well.

The head coach is responsible, if we win, he’s great. If we shoot 10-26 and lose to Rutgers, he gets blamed for a game that we should have won by 12.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Dec 20 2004, 02:59 PM [b] First of all, I know Beidenbach and he is a good, good man. [/b]
wait are you talking about the eddie beidenbach who coaches unc-asheville?

beidenbach ruined john gurdy’s chance at being an a superstar in college and the NBA. saddest thing is, gurdy was a nice, hardworking guy who never complained. but beidenbach for whatever reason wouldnt let him touch the ball, despite tha fact that gurdy was probably the greatest shooter to ever live (he single handed beat powerhouse teams before beidebach started to ruin his career).

but chisox, you say, why have none of us heard of gurdy if he was so great? well, because BEIDENBACH WOULDNT LET HIM GET ANY SHOTS.

i thinks its kinda funny in way, seeing our fans complain about how Lutz isnt using Withers properly. beidenbach was a hundred, a thousand times worse. gurdy had the greatest jumper ever, EVER, and beidenbach would sit him on the bench as soon as he started to catch the nets on fire with his red hot shooting.

Hey Hootie, next time you talk to Beidenbach, tell him they guy yelling at him the whole time during the Charlotte vs UNCA game still wants to know why he didnt stick to selling used cars, and still wants to know why he wouldnt let gurdy touch the ball

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Dec 20 2004, 12:45 PM [b] eddie basden refuses to let us lose. damn that guy is THE MAN [/b]
Yeah, E-Bad won that game by himself.

In the first half, it did look like Bobby was trying out different sets, but it makes us look very beatable to not blow out a team like UNCA. ECU players see this stuff and are ready to go knowing they can beat us. If we play like we did against UNCA, a team like ECU will beat us.

I didn’t say Biedenbach wasn’t a great guy. He is obviously going thru the motions. The game has passed him by.

The won a play in against a lower conference while having a losing record (what is wrong the the NCAA?) and then Texas just coasted to a 20 point win. I am sure the Big South big wigs were proud of being represented by a LOSING TEAM!

That program does not belong in NCAA Division I!

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Dec 20 2004, 03:18 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Dec 20 2004, 03:18 PM)
[i]Originally posted by s9er[/i]@Dec 20 2004, 03:55 PM [b] What the hell are you talking about? [/b]
i know stuff about beidenbach that no one else on here knows. im sure you all dont care to hear about it, and i cant blame you. but knowing some of the stuff i know just fuels my hate for the man. he isnt a good man, i despite what hootie says.