Lutz reassigned at State

[quote=“NinerLove, post:18, topic:30310”]I’m just putting this here because I found it off base and very ironic given the fan source. This came from the Lutz thread in “inside Carolina”. Of course they also had “inside knowledge” that Lutz was headed to be assistant at Ga. Tech, so take that into account ;D. A lot can be discussed about Lutz as a coach, but I haven’t heard his integrity questioned quite like this before. Admittedly, I’m a homer but don’t like seeing these type comments.

"[i]Re: Lutz to Ga tech

barnesbullockmarshallmcadoo wrote:
TrustInRoy wrote:

This explains why State is bringing in a new “bag man.”

The rumors I heard about Lutz when he was at UNCC were dirty.

Some cat told me that he might be considered the biggest negative recruiter UNC has ever seen. An absolute disgrace, verbally, on the recruiting trail.
The stories–and I say 'stories" because I’ve heard them from people who have good reason to know, but I don’t have any firsthand knowledge–about Lutz at UNCC are just unreal. Arranging SAT test takers, academic fraud, covering up campus code violations. Apparently the chancellor finally got wind of it and almost fired him mid-season out of pure outrage, but waited until the end of the year."
[/i][/quote]

It is interesting that Tar Heel fans can see cheating everywhere except in their own program. For the record, Charlotte has never had a Level I violation, and I am not certain we have even had a Level II. I think “TrustinRoy” is just an idiot by definition.

name me five big-time supporters in clt that bobby had in his pocket or had bobby’s back. sorry. reality reigns.[/quote]

I honestly can’t name any big time supporters of this program and I’ve been following the program since 2001. I know all the people that have facilities named after them must have donated decent money. If our next AD isn’t an internal hire they are going have zero supporters on day one.[/quote]

JaMiN, I am sure you are a good fellow, but either you have never spent time with Bobby Lutz or do not really know what an AD does. Lutz would be fairly lousy in that job, and I really like the guy. Bobby is not an extrovert, and would not be involved at all in the community. We saw that as a coach, as they had to contractually force him to join a non-profit board. He would have to hire coaches, and look at who he hired as assistants. I am not commenting on them personally, just professionally. And once Bobby hired one, they were pretty much here until they decided to leave. My belief is that with better assistants, Bobby might still be here. Ironically, look at the assistants at NCSU, I guess Bobby was hiring there too.

I hope it works out so that Lutz can rejoin the Niner family as a fan at some point, because this is his home, but I cannot see him working here again.

clt has a lutz bobblehead.

From the Davidson board…

History would be very different if Bobby Lutz had concluded that Steph Curry of Christian was a better prospect than Charles Dewhurst of Latin a little over a decade ago.

Lutz might be reassigning Mark Gottfried to be the Special Deputy to the Assistant AD at NCSU.

[quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30310”]From the Davidson board…

History would be very different if Bobby Lutz had concluded that Steph Curry of Christian was a better prospect than Charles Dewhurst of Latin a little over a decade ago.

Lutz might be reassigning Mark Gottfried to be the Special Deputy to the Assistant AD at NCSU.

[/quote]
They ain’t necessarily wrong…

[quote=“hootie, post:25, topic:30310”][quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30310”]From the Davidson board…

[/quote]
They ain’t necessarily wrong…[/quote]

Did we even recruit Curry? If not, why not? If so, why didn’t we get him? I want the REAL story, not another Lutz myth.

Don’t get me wrong guys, I love bobby, but this is a weird situation. Color me suspicious. Don’t appreciate the chapel hill hypocrites though. Have they read the news in the last 7 years??

clt says Steven curry turned out to be an anomaly.

[quote=“MikeNiner11, post:2, topic:30310”]

His new administrative duties with the basketball program will include assistance with the personal and academic development, housing arrangements, planning and logistics associated with the team’s upcoming foreign tour and other special projects.

So, he’s team mom.[/quote]Yes but getting paid well to do it.

Many moons ago heard Lutz say on a local sports radio show, Del told him Steph was not interested in coming to Charlotte.

[quote=“49er1, post:26, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:25, topic:30310”][quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30310”]From the Davidson board…

[/quote]

Did we even recruit Curry? If not, why not? If so, why didn’t we get him? I want the REAL story, not another Lutz myth.[/quote]

Lutz did look at Curry but told the HS staff that he liked his guards to be “bigger” (as in stronger) and never offered a schollie. That is the truth as I know it from a very reliable guy that’s son was a HS teammate of Curry. Graduated same year as Curry

[quote=“hootie, post:30, topic:30310”][quote=“49er1, post:26, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:25, topic:30310”][quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30310”]From the Davidson board…

[/quote]

Did we even recruit Curry? If not, why not? If so, why didn’t we get him? I want the REAL story, not another Lutz myth.[/quote]

Lutz did look at Curry but told the HS staff that he liked his guards to be “bigger” (as in stronger) and never offered a schollie. That is the truth as I know it from a very reliable guy that’s son was a HS teammate of Curry. Graduated same year as Curry[/quote]

Also… very few good D1 programs wanted Curry back then. McKillop hit the jackpot, just like Bill Foster did when he signed some guy named Cedric.

[quote=“49r9r, post:31, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:30, topic:30310”][quote=“49er1, post:26, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:25, topic:30310”][quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30310”]From the Davidson board…

[/quote]

Lutz did look at Curry but told the HS staff that he liked his guards to be “bigger” (as in stronger) and never offered a schollie. That is the truth as I know it from a very reliable guy that’s son was a HS teammate of Curry. Graduated same year as Curry[/quote]

Also… very few good D1 programs wanted Curry back then. McKillop hit the jackpot, just like Bill Foster did when he signed some guy named Cedric. [/quote]
Not quite right. Curry had ONE (yes ONE D1 scholarship offer----Davidson). He also had an offer to be a “preferred walk-on” at Va. Tech (Dell’s alma mater). Cornbread had other offers besides Charlotte (not any real BIG names, but some other offers). McKillop basically won the lottery, he (or no one else) had ANY idea Curry would turn out like he has. There was a reason no one else offered. By all accounts, he was not really D1 material.

clt will get this thread back on track. Vote Jeb!

The Steph Curry recruiting story might be the biggest dead horse on NNN. Mostly it’s an opportunity for people to take a shot at Lutz.

To add to what 919R posted, both Dell and Steph said that Seth was a better player in HS than Steph was. Yet Seth only received a scholarship to Liberty.

After leading the nation in scoring and a First Team All American selection, Steph wasn’t selected until #7 in the NBA draft. That was behind Ricky Rubio and Johnny Flynn.

Bottom line, since his recruitment in HS, Steph Curry grew and has gotten better every year. He is constantly proving everyone wrong. He just did it again this season, by the Warriors having the best single season in NBA history. No one predicted that would happen.

[quote=“919R, post:32, topic:30310”][quote=“49r9r, post:31, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:30, topic:30310”][quote=“49er1, post:26, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:25, topic:30310”][quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30310”]From the Davidson board…

[/quote]

Also… very few good D1 programs wanted Curry back then. McKillop hit the jackpot, just like Bill Foster did when he signed some guy named Cedric. [/quote]
Not quite right. Curry had ONE (yes ONE D1 scholarship offer----Davidson). He also had an offer to be a “preferred walk-on” at Va. Tech (Dell’s alma mater). Cornbread had other offers besides Charlotte (not any real BIG names, but some other offers). McKillop basically won the lottery, he (or no one else) had ANY idea Curry would turn out like he has. There was a reason no one else offered. By all accounts, he was not really D1 material.[/quote]

15 seconds of googling revealed that he had 7, but ok:

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Stephen-Curry-67873/RecruitInterests

[quote=“Normmm, post:34, topic:30310”]The Steph Curry recruiting story might be the biggest dead horse on NNN. Mostly it’s an opportunity for people to take a shot at Lutz.

To add to what 919R posted, both Dell and Steph said that Seth was a better player in HS than Steph was. Yet Seth only received a scholarship to Liberty.

After leading the nation in scoring and a First Team All American selection, Steph wasn’t selected until #7 in the NBA draft. That was behind Ricky Rubio and Johnny Flynn.

Bottom line, since his recruitment in HS, Steph Curry grew and has gotten better every year. He is constantly proving everyone wrong. He just did it again this season, by the Warriors having the best single season in NBA history. No one predicted that would happen.[/quote]

He also benefits from a rise in advanced analytics that tell players to shoot more 3 pointers. Three pointers are up across the board at every level of the game. Way up.

[quote=“jfickett, post:35, topic:30310”][quote=“919R, post:32, topic:30310”][quote=“49r9r, post:31, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:30, topic:30310”][quote=“49er1, post:26, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:25, topic:30310”][quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30310”]From the Davidson board…

[/quote]

Not quite right. Curry had ONE (yes ONE D1 scholarship offer----Davidson). He also had an offer to be a “preferred walk-on” at Va. Tech (Dell’s alma mater). Cornbread had other offers besides Charlotte (not any real BIG names, but some other offers). McKillop basically won the lottery, he (or no one else) had ANY idea Curry would turn out like he has. There was a reason no one else offered. By all accounts, he was not really D1 material.[/quote]

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Stephen-Curry-67873/RecruitInterests[/quote]
Sorry, I didn’t resort to "googling. I can only tell you what I have heard MANY times from multiple people, including Dell. Maybe it was “major” college offers and or some of these may have come after he verballed to Davidson. IDK. Point being, NO ONE thought he even had the potential to come close to doing what he has done. Sorry, you apparently didn’t follow these things very closely when they were actually occurring …stick to Googling. Makes you seem really smart. Good job.

[quote=“919R, post:37, topic:30310”][quote=“jfickett, post:35, topic:30310”][quote=“919R, post:32, topic:30310”][quote=“49r9r, post:31, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:30, topic:30310”][quote=“49er1, post:26, topic:30310”][quote=“hootie, post:25, topic:30310”][quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30310”]From the Davidson board…

[/quote]

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Stephen-Curry-67873/RecruitInterests[/quote]
Sorry, I didn’t resort to "googling. I can only tell you what I have heard MANY times from multiple people, including Dell. Maybe it was “major” college offers and or some of these may have come after he verballed to Davidson. IDK. Point being, NO ONE thought he even had the potential to come close to doing what he has done. Sorry, you apparently didn’t follow these things very closely when they were actually occurring …stick to Googling. Makes you seem really smart. Good job.[/quote]You are the one that stated only 1 D1 offer, which is wrong. He had no HM offers.

The googled page of Curry offers lists him as a 3 star recruit FWIW.

clt says curry insists on copper at his house, because he fears gold wire.