Lutz reassigned at State

Gopack.com: BOBBY LUTZ NAMED SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO DEPUTY ATHLETIC DIRECTOR

Newsandobserver.com: NC State’s Bobby Lutz takes new role with basketball program

His new administrative duties with the basketball program will include assistance with the personal and academic development, housing arrangements, planning and logistics associated with the team’s upcoming foreign tour and other special projects.

So, he’s team mom.

Naplenews.com: College basketball: FGCU’s Joe Dooley’s name comes up as N.C. State assistant

[quote=“MikeNiner11, post:2, topic:30310”]

His new administrative duties with the basketball program will include assistance with the personal and academic development, housing arrangements, planning and logistics associated with the team’s upcoming foreign tour and other special projects.

So, he’s team mom.[/quote]

does this pass the sniff test?

[quote=“earlyniner, post:4, topic:30310”][quote=“MikeNiner11, post:2, topic:30310”]

So, he’s team mom.[/quote]

does this pass the sniff test?[/quote]

No. I’d say Lutz is now either looking for another job in coaching or he’s had enough and will stay in the Admin side at ncsu or elsewhere. Knowing Lutz it will be elsewhere ASAP.

I’d like to see him be the AD here but doubt that would ever happen.

name me five big-time supporters in clt that bobby had in his pocket or had bobby’s back. sorry. reality reigns.

name me five big-time supporters in clt that bobby had in his pocket or had bobby’s back. sorry. reality reigns.[/quote]

I honestly can’t name any big time supporters of this program and I’ve been following the program since 2001. I know all the people that have facilities named after them must have donated decent money. If our next AD isn’t an internal hire they are going have zero supporters on day one.

Now that we have football, AD is no place for bobby. If we sold out basketball for an fbs conference, our next AD better be someone with an fbs school background.

^^^^
so get over it.

^^^^
so get over it.[/quote]

Maybe you should get over yourself. Bobby will probably never work at Charlotte again but doesn’t mean someone can’t have a positive opinion of him.

Why would Dooley leave FGCU to be an assistant at state? He left Kansas as their top assistant to be HC at FGCU.

Why would Dooley leave FGCU to be an assistant at state? He left Kansas as their top assistant to be HC at FGCU.[/quote]Reportedly more $$$ and his parents live in Greenville.

Why would Dooley leave FGCU to be an assistant at state? He left Kansas as their top assistant to be HC at FGCU.[/quote]Reportedly more $$$ and his parents live in Greenville.[/quote]

The only way I can see it is if he wants to be close to his parents. However, he should hold out a year or two, I’m sure he could lobby for the EZU job. He had to be making more at Kansas than he would at NCSU. From what I remember he was one of the top paid assistants in college basketball.

Why would Dooley leave FGCU to be an assistant at state? He left Kansas as their top assistant to be HC at FGCU.[/quote]Reportedly more $$$ and his parents live in Greenville.[/quote]

The only way I can see it is if he wants to be close to his parents. However, he should hold out a year or two, I’m sure he could lobby for the EZU job. He had to be making more at Kansas than he would at NCSU. From what I remember he was one of the top paid assistants in college basketball.[/quote]He’s been the HC at ECU before, not sure they’d go that route again.

Wasn’t Dooley on our list of potential coaching candidates before our leaders wised up and hired Major instead?

Yes

I’m just putting this here because I found it off base and very ironic given the fan source. This came from the Lutz thread in “inside Carolina”. Of course they also had “inside knowledge” that Lutz was headed to be assistant at Ga. Tech, so take that into account ;D. A lot can be discussed about Lutz as a coach, but I haven’t heard his integrity questioned quite like this before. Admittedly, I’m a homer but don’t like seeing these type comments.

"[i]Re: Lutz to Ga tech

barnesbullockmarshallmcadoo wrote:
TrustInRoy wrote:

This explains why State is bringing in a new “bag man.”

The rumors I heard about Lutz when he was at UNCC were dirty.

Some cat told me that he might be considered the biggest negative recruiter UNC has ever seen. An absolute disgrace, verbally, on the recruiting trail.
The stories–and I say 'stories" because I’ve heard them from people who have good reason to know, but I don’t have any firsthand knowledge–about Lutz at UNCC are just unreal. Arranging SAT test takers, academic fraud, covering up campus code violations. Apparently the chancellor finally got wind of it and almost fired him mid-season out of pure outrage, but waited until the end of the year."
[/i]

[quote=“NinerLove, post:18, topic:30310”]I’m just putting this here because I found it off base and very ironic given the fan source. This came from the Lutz thread in “inside Carolina”. Of course they also had “inside knowledge” that Lutz was headed to be assistant at Ga. Tech, so take that into account ;D . A lot can be discussed about Lutz as a coach, but I haven’t heard his integrity questioned quite like this before. Admittedly, I’m a homer but don’t like seeing these type comments.

TrustInRoy wrote:

Some cat told me that he might be considered the biggest negative recruiter UNC has ever seen. An absolute disgrace, verbally, on the recruiting trail.
The stories–and I say 'stories" because I’ve heard them from people who have good reason to know, but I don’t have any firsthand knowledge–about Lutz at UNCC are just unreal. Arranging SAT test takers, academic fraud, covering up campus code violations. Apparently the chancellor finally got wind of it and almost fired him mid-season out of pure outrage, but waited until the end of the year."
[/i][/quote]

clt just fell into the floor laughing.

[quote=“NinerLove, post:18, topic:30310”]I’m just putting this here because I found it off base and very ironic given the fan source. This came from the Lutz thread in “inside Carolina”. Of course they also had “inside knowledge” that Lutz was headed to be assistant at Ga. Tech, so take that into account ;D . A lot can be discussed about Lutz as a coach, but I haven’t heard his integrity questioned quite like this before. Admittedly, I’m a homer but don’t like seeing these type comments.

TrustInRoy wrote:

[/i][/quote] Very frustrating not to have that poster right here in order to kick his sorry ass.