Lutz"s T'd up

[i]Originally posted by ATL_Niner[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 08:14 AM [b] I just didn't understand the T. The score was 15-12 at that point. It wasn't like it was 15-0...

I know Bobby is passionate and sure the refs were inconsistent, but the refs in general have been bad this yearā€¦

I thought they were terrible both ways and it just made no sense to get a T when we were only down 3 early onā€¦too much ā€œheart on the sleeveā€ from Bobby. Heā€™s getting to be as bad as Coach K. All that guy does is bitch at the refsā€¦ [/b]

The thing about Bobbyā€™s T that no one has mentioned yet is the fact that the ref who Tā€™d him up, 1) may have been the worst D-1 official Iā€™ve ever seen, and 2) was not the one he was arguing with at the time of the technical. Bobby was yelling at Steve Pyatt who made the foul call and was walking to the scorerā€™s table to report the foul. Then this Steve Skiles clown, who has now replaced TV Ted as the ā€œbiggest travesty in college basketballā€ just Tā€™s Booby up. What upset me more was this guy then didnā€™t have the balls to run Bobby after he went off for most of the TV timeout. Bobby wouldnā€™t have made it if I was calling the game, thatā€™s for sure.

I think,for 1 of the rare timesā€¦that was an excellent ā€œtā€.If you heard Lutz on the postgame he had some interesting things to say about the refs and the officiating.First,he said he was shocked because heā€™d been coaching in N.C. for 10 years and had NEVER seen any of those refsā€¦very unusual! Secondly,he saw that right away,after the first foul on Cinci,Huggy was workin the refs,trying to intimidate them for later callsā€¦which was blatantly obvious. He said that he felt that he had to let the refs have it to counteract Hugginsā€¦and I totally agree,it was very early,Cinci was hot,and I think it fired up the team.As I said,iā€™m usually not a big fan of the ā€œintentionalā€ Tā€¦but this time I give Bobby credit.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Feb 6 2005, 11:59 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Feb 6 2005, 11:59 AM)

If you notice in big games Huggins gets tā€™d up early even if there is no reason. He knows theyā€™re not going to throw him out. He did it here last year and against Wake this year. Bobby stole his thunder. I thought it was past due. Those refs were at the wrong game and out of their league. They should have been doing a church league game.

As for stuff being thrown on the court, I was worried that one of the 100 or so sincy fans there were going to get us a T by tossing something, but showing class they did not. Thanks. And thanks for the win. Have fun in Halton?

The deal with Steve ā€˜Buttafuccoā€™ Skiles is that the guy was honed in on the Ninerā€™s-> I told folks around me early in the first half that if Buttafucco cost us the game, hold me back. His bias was that obvious.

If not for Buttafucco (and deep down the UC fans know this) the Niners would have won by double digits.

Itā€™s a very strange situation when two refs from Indiana come to Charlotte to ref a huge game, and no one knows who the hell they are!