Lutz"s T'd up

Big game-five minutes and Lutz gets T’d up. Every big game or TV game he gets T!

The boys have really responded, though… Looks like this game is gonna be in the 100’s.

Coach deserves props for that one. Look at what we did with Withers on the bench for most of the first half.

To have been such a well played game, the officiating continues to be horrid for all teams and all players. I have no idea how the players and coaches adjust to it and play and coach like they do. I would have been tossed ten times today!

The t today on lutz was ok, officiating was not consistent even Muffburger could tell

[i]Originally posted by Ninerwood[/i]@Feb 5 2005, 06:06 PM [b] To have been such a well played game, the officiating continues to be horrid for all teams and all players. I have no idea how the players and coaches adjust to it and play and coach like they do. I would have been tossed ten times today! [/b]
Commentators couldn't believe some of the calls and said the refs were very inconsistent all game long.

This is the first game I’ve been able to watch this year and I could not believe how bad the refs were on both sides. I know everyone talks about it all the time and I thought it was mostly griping, but those refs were terrible.

Not a thing wrong with that T…One of Lutz best coached games.

Officating was very inconsistent and very poor for both teams.

That’s the only T from Bobby this year that I truly supported. We weren’t getting a single call early in the game and that T came at a good time. Cincy was getting possession anyway and we even lucked out by getting a turnover. We seemed to get a few more calls after that. But I still think the refs let Cincy play a little too physical at times, with too few many whistles. But you have to expect to get beat up on when you play the Bearcats. That’s not a knock on them…I wish we played the same way to be honest.

The article on ESPN.com said that a green ball was thrown at the ref…anyone know what that was about. I was watching on TV and didn’t see or hear anything about that.

Some guy came on the court and threw a nerf football in the stands. Trying to throw it back to him, the fan, under pressure, threw off his back foot with a hand in his face and mistakenly hit the ref that had just T’d Bobby. At least that’s the way I saw it.

How in the hell do you have Cincy vs. Charlotte at Halton and assign 2 rookie refs to that game. It could have been very bad for us but there were bad calls all around. I give Bobby credit for the “T”. Fouls were going against us and the “T” was warranted. I thought he did it to put pressure on the refs to call a tighter game which works in our favor.

The guy with the green nerf ball was right behind me and hit the ref in the leg. Why do you throw things into the stands and think anything good is going to happen. If he had hit the ref a little higher another “T” was definitely coming.

[b]The guy with the green nerf ball was right behind me and hit the ref in the leg. Why do you throw things into the stands and think anything good is going to happen. If he had hit the ref a little higher another "T" was definitely coming.[/b]

It was an exceptionally stupid in-game dead ball segment. Never should the opportunity for something to out of the stands onto the court be encouraged.

Norm threw a nerf football into the stands and the fan, who was sitting about 10 feet from me, blatantly threw it at the ref. The same ref who made several $@# calls against us, I might add.

My only regret…he hit him in the leg instead of the head. Where’s Jake when you need him? The ref immediately went to the official scorer. I was afraid we got another tech called on us as this happened during the official TO when Bobby got rang up, however we got off with the warning over the PA system.

[b]Trying to throw it back to him, the fan, under pressure, threw off his back foot with a hand in his face and mistakenly hit the ref that had just T'd Bobby. At least that's the way I saw it. [/b]
Make an appointment with the eye doctor immediately. It was nothing short of intentional.
[b]My only regret...he hit him in the leg instead of the head. Where's Jake when you need him? The ref immediately went to the official scorer. I was afraid we got another tech called on us as this happened during the official TO when Bobby got rang up, however we got off with the warning over the PA system.[/b]
Who says you don't have lucky bounces? That may have been the best no call of the evening!

I think 99% of the time a coach or player of ours gets a technical, its pretty stupid. Unless we’re playing a team we can afford to give up points to. 2 points is a big deal in games like Alabama, Cincy…Just my opinion. Glad it didnt cost us this time, and thought coach substituted well, especially in the first half when we were sans Withers.

The officiating was just BAD all around… I just watched the game, and there was absolutley no contact by withers when they called him for his second foul 5 minutes into the game (and caused him to sit out for the rest of the half)… This is when Bobby got the T… even the announcers said it was just a bad call. the officiating was very inconsistant throughout the whole game on both ends of the floor.

I just didn’t understand the T. The score was 15-12 at that point. It wasn’t like it was 15-0…

I know Bobby is passionate and sure the refs were inconsistent, but the refs in general have been bad this year…

I thought they were terrible both ways and it just made no sense to get a T when we were only down 3 early on…too much “heart on the sleeve” from Bobby. He’s getting to be as bad as Coach K. All that guy does is bitch at the refs…

If we can continue to find ways to compare Coach L to Coach K, I’m happy!

I couldn’t believe how they couldn’t see all those travelling calls on Cincy. Muhammud has about 100,000 frequent flyer miles now…

[i]Originally posted by ATL_Niner[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 08:14 AM [b] I just didn't understand the T. The score was 15-12 at that point. It wasn't like it was 15-0...

I know Bobby is passionate and sure the refs were inconsistent, but the refs in general have been bad this year…

I thought they were terrible both ways and it just made no sense to get a T when we were only down 3 early on…too much “heart on the sleeve” from Bobby. He’s getting to be as bad as Coach K. All that guy does is bitch at the refs… [/b]

Agree. A coach can make his point without crossing the line and getting a T.
The best always know how far they can push without costing their team 2 points and possession.

Bobby just has to learn to pick his spots better. If you bitch about every call, it becomes meaningless to the officials and it gains you a reputation as a whiner, which he has achieved.

Otherwise I though Bobby coached his best game of the year. We finally looked good out of timeouts and made some good adjustments at halftime.