Lutz to Troy??

RT @GoodmanCBS: Told Bobby Lutz, now at N.C. State, involved at Troy. AD needs to pull the trigger right now. Can’t do better than that

he can do better. should stay at nc state

Seriously, it’s not like he needs the money.

[quote=“mtanner, post:2, topic:27649”]he can do better. should stay at nc state[/quote]What if Gottfried is leaving NCSU, would force Lutz hand.

Seems like that would be a good fit for him.

This.

Please leave and stop taking our money

I think if NCSU made a run Lutz could have parlayed that into a better (than Troy) gig. Don’t really see him going to Troy based on what I’ve heard.

I also don’t see it.

This. Take it while you can. Chances are state won’t be good next year anyways, and I haven’t seen a ton of offers for Lutz as a head coach in 3 years. Or even really one.

This. Take it while you can. Chances are state won’t be good next year anyways, and I haven’t seen a ton of offers for Lutz as a head coach in 3 years. Or even really one.[/quote]

Yeah NC States team is getting blown up next year, or that’s what the local talking heads are saying, they will be very young… don’t see how that will improve Lutz prospects, be nice to get out of paying him one of the years at least… (stupid judy)

I’m with cass, take the job and stop taking our money.

Im sure he feels better than Troy, and he’s probably right. But does he consider taking a garenteed HC now, or hope Gottfried can keep his job (and his staff their jobs) long enough for a better offer to come Bobby’s way? IMO, unless he is itching to get back into the HC position, he hangs tight, and we keep him on the payrole :-[

I’m always perplexed why some on this message board have such disdain for the winningest coach in our program’s history.

I have no disdain for Lutz, and still have respect him. I just don’t like paying two head coaches, one of which is an assistant at a BCS program in the same state.

They’re only losing Howell and Wood. CJ Leslie needs to stay b/c he’s just not polished enough for the NBA (late 2nd rounder). Brown might leave and is a legit late 1st round pick.

They have 2 studs in Purvis and Warren and they can build from that even though they didn’t show up in the NCAAs. Not to mention the three 4* players they’re bringing in next year.

If Lutz can parlay anything, it should be staying and taking over that group of studs.

Head Coach of Troy University or continue to stick it to your alma mater? I think he chooses the latter.

Why would it necessarily force Lutz’s hand? I’m guessing he’ll have the right of first refusal to go with Gottfried should he leave, and Lutz may even get a nice raise out of it. Sure the head job would pay more, but with another year that we owe the total package of Assistant+Charlotte Owed Money may make it better to remain with Gottfried. If I’m Lutz, I also wait until some of the shuffling takes place to see if some of the better low major programs (in better shape than Troy) become available after their head coaches get promoted.

[quote=“Savio, post:15, topic:27649”]They’re only losing Howell and Wood. CJ Leslie needs to stay b/c he’s just not polished enough for the NBA (late 2nd rounder). Brown might leave and is a legit late 1st round pick.

They have 2 studs in Purvis and Warren and they can build from that even though they didn’t show up in the NCAAs. Not to mention the three 4* players they’re bringing in next year.

If Lutz can parlay anything, it should be staying and taking over that group of studs.[/quote]

Don’t see how Purvis is a stud when he can’t shoot. CJ Leslie will never be a pro because his range is limited to 10 feet. Warren is probably the best young player they have.

Troy just built a brand new arena.

With WKU leaving there is room for someone to be top dog in the SunBelt. Maybe Lutz hopes to parlay Troy success into a bigger job somewhere else.