Madden on Wii

Gave up gaming a long time ago but after watching some kid playing the display of this in Best Buy, I feel compelled to get it. However, Wii is my only option as that’s the only console we own or care to own.

How is the game play on this compared to other consoles? The game itself looked amazing on the display but I think it was running on Xbox or PS3.

On sale today at BB for $39.99 but I’m on the fence. Thoughts? Please don’t turn this into a console war. Just looking for opinions on Wii game play for this type of game.

Sucks on the Wii.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/maddennfl10?q=madden

It’s more arcady on the Wii. So if you’re okay with that, you’ll be okay.

Sports games on the Wii are not good. The control is akward, the graphics are pretty bobo compared to the other systems, and it just doen’t seem as realistic. I have last year’s Madden and I rarely play it. Don’t get me wrong, Madden Wii is better than no Madden at all.

Have played golf, baseball, hockey and football on the Wii.

Football is by far the least realistic of the 4 games. If you care, golf is the best. Hockey and baseball are good but not great.

Thanks

I probably should have looked at screen shots before even posting and I could have answered my own question. I didn’t expect the graphics to be superb given the platform but they are far more cartoonish that I thought they would be. I don’t mind the controls of the Wii but I can’t deal with visuals on this game. I actually think the graphics are better on my Madden '94 for 3DO.

Not a problem.

OUr wii is a Wiifit machine now. That’s the only thing that gets any play.

We got a Wii this past year. I was used to the great game play of the Xbopx, but it was a family choice. The reviews I have read about the new Madden for Wii is that it is better than it has been for the Wii. It is not like what is on the other consoles, as they started from scratch for the Wii version. It is not as good sa on other consoles but is supposedly a drastic improvement over previous versions on the Wii. I am waiting a months to get it as I don’t want to dish out big bucks for it.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;433623]Not a problem.

OUr wii is a Wiifit machine now. That’s the only thing that gets any play.[/QUOTE]

WiiFit and Tiger Woods golf are the single best games I’ve played on the Wii

WiiFit and Tiger Woods golf are the single best games I've played on the Wii

Tiger Woods 10 is great on the Wii. I wouldn’t touch another sports game. I unfortunately bought Madden XX back when I first got my Wii and it was a huge mistake.

I recommend Punch Out to Wii owners.

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;433686]Tiger Woods 10 is great on the Wii. I wouldn’t touch another sports game. I unfortunately bought Madden XX back when I first got my Wii and it was a huge mistake.[/QUOTE]

Was told the new one is much better.