Maine being skipped this week ??

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=nym

Last start was Sunday and he went 5 innings.

Friday is posted as TBA and the rest of the rotation is defined thru Saturday without Johnny Baseball.

Maybe, it cause his last 10 starts are:

2-5, 7.06 ERA, 51 IP, 63 hits, 40 earned runs, 27 walks, 53 strikeouts

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;259843]http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=nym

Last start was Sunday and he went 5 innings.

Friday is posted as TBA and the rest of the rotation is defined thru Saturday without Johnny Baseball.

Maybe, it cause his last 10 starts are:

2-5, 7.06 ERA, 51 IP, 63 hits, 40 earned runs, 27 walks, 53 strikeouts[/QUOTE]

According to your own link, he starts on Saturday.

He’ll need to pitch really well - for the reasons you mention. Right now, the team sounds ready to move Maine into the bullpen as the long-relief guy when they switch to the 4 man postseason rotation. He’ll need to instill some doubt at using El Duque - who is coming off of an injury and hadn’t pitched well in his previous couple starts, either.

his last outing was pretty darn good. I think he went 5 2/3 with 9k and 3er. And he would of got the W, but Billy Wagner gave up a bizomb.

[QUOTE=survivor45;259851]According to your own link, he starts on Saturday.

[/QUOTE]

He wasn’t listed when I posted it.

[QUOTE=metro;259859]his last outing was pretty darn good. I think he went 5 2/3 with 9k and 3er. And he would of got the W, but Billy Wagner gave up a bizomb.[/QUOTE]

Agree - I watched a lot of it.

He hasn’t been as effective over the past month as he was early in the year — however, his starts are the least of the Mets worries. Thats why I started this thread when I saw he WAS missing thru Saturday.

Some of their fielding decisions last night sucked.

ive been following him all year and i think his stats are a little down for a couple reasons. the number one i believe is thats its really his first full season in the majors, in a regular rotation, which may have taken its toll on him physically and mentally. he has also been suffering from pretty major blisters on his pitching hand and still has yet to find a solution, and recently has been pulled a little earlier in the game because willie believed them to be too serious. the good thing though is that he hasnt seemed that overwhelmed when he has struggled and seems to be able to put it behind him and work for the next win.

theres also talk about a 6 man rotation next year for them, but i dont think glavin will return regardless of how they do in the post season, hes getting old and has already reached that 300 win mild stone.

im also thinking it will come down to the red sox and mets in the world series, which would be awesome for maine and charlotte to have him pitching in there.

[im also thinking it will come down to the red sox and mets in the world series, which would be awesome for maine and charlotte to have him pitching in there.[/quote]

the mets cant beat the dam nationals right now, i have very little doubt that the mets will even win the first playoff series (if they even make the playoffs)

. the number one i believe is thats its really his first full season in the majors, in a regular rotation, which may have taken its toll on him physically and mentally..

mentally? maybe. A year in NY’s media and pressure can wear at anyone.

Physically? I don’t agree. He started struggling after the All Star break. In A, AA, and AAA you play thru the first week of Sept, so he is pretty used to it, although if you look at his lifetime numbers at baseballreference.com, this is the most innings he has ever thrown.

baseball is about adjustments. In the bigs, everyone has talent. What happened is teams have seen him 3 and 4 starts now, and it gets tougher to get outs, whereas the first half hitters were unfamiliar with his stuff. Hitters after the break- had multiple ABs on DVD to study.