Major's 3rd Year Charity Bet - 9erken vs ninersfan99

[font=arial][size=9px]After a friendly debate, it turned into a Charity bet (that will hopefully end in a push):[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=9px]Major’s 3rd season 9erken says if Major goes .500 or less he will get a 1 year extension and coach for a 4th year. [/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=9px]Major’s 3rd season ninersfan99 says if Major goes .500 or less he will be fired or resign.[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=9px]Winner (if any) will have the loser send $20 to charity of choice.[/size][/font]

This is fine, I’m not a fan of big money bets. I don’t really see the point of the bet, because it sounds like neither one of us believes we’ll finish .500 or under overall next year. I just doubt he gets fired before his first real class becomes juniors. Firing coaches before they’ve had a chance to develop players into upperclassmen and slowly build the program is just encouraging coaches to take the same route that got the last coach fired. I really think Mooney at Richmond is the model to follow if you want to build a program that will sustain any kind of success. I also suspect Rose will be reluctant to fire the coach she hand-picked to rebuild only 3 years in.

Hopefully it’s just all academic, because the Niners have won a ton of games.

I think when we go over .500 both of you donate.