MAKE MONEY MONEY TAKE MONEY MONEY

While I’m sure it’s make money if we could sell beer at football games, I would love it if it were sold at the basketball/baseball games.

[quote=“Nugget, post:16, topic:30707”][quote=“s9er, post:14, topic:30707”][quote=“J Fleet, post:12, topic:30707”]I guarantee we’d already be selling beer if it were legal.

Contact your state legislator and ask them to change the law, maybe throw it into one of their special sessions.[/quote]

By the same token… I guarantee we’d be on the NCAA tournament if it were legal…

The one immutable, universal truth in Niner Land is we don’t try all that hard. If Wake can figure it out, there is way to get it done.
[/quote]

Wake didn’t have to figure anything out. They are a private school, and we are a state-supported school. They law prohibits the state-supported schools from selling beer. Oh, and Judy enjoys a cold beer every now and then, so I do not think she will have any problems with this.[/quote]

Exactly the response I expect from the AD “oh… a hurdle, let’s just stop”

I think this thread is more about how the AD can make lots of money and improve attendance without raping the students, versus getting your buzz on.[/quote]

+1 x infinity

[quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:30707”]I attended the Wake LSU game on Thursday night and it was nice to be able to buy a beer. Not only did they have the “traditional” beer but they also had various beers from Foothills Brewery. An IPA was $8, which was only slightly cheaper than getting the same beer at a Panthers game.

My guess is Judy has been fighting for beer sales in Halton for over 20 years.[/quote]

That’s because Wake Forest’s basketball games aren’t played on campus. That beer is being sold by the LJVM Coliseum. You can also buy booze at NC State’s football and basketball games, for example, for the same reason.

[quote=“49erDrummer, post:24, topic:30707”][quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:30707”]I attended the Wake LSU game on Thursday night and it was nice to be able to buy a beer. Not only did they have the “traditional” beer but they also had various beers from Foothills Brewery. An IPA was $8, which was only slightly cheaper than getting the same beer at a Panthers game.

My guess is Judy has been fighting for beer sales in Halton for over 20 years.[/quote]

That’s because Wake Forest’s basketball games aren’t played on campus. That beer is being sold by the LJVM Coliseum. You can also buy booze at NC State’s football and basketball games, for example, for the same reason.[/quote]

Good point, but I think the law prohibiting beer sales only applies to state supported schools, so Wake could probably sell beer regardless. Regarding NC State selling beer, you can also buy beer at our baseball and basketball games played downtown.

Perhaps we should simply declare Halton and The Rich as not a part of campus. :slight_smile:

[quote=“49r9r, post:25, topic:30707”][quote=“49erDrummer, post:24, topic:30707”][quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:30707”]I attended the Wake LSU game on Thursday night and it was nice to be able to buy a beer. Not only did they have the “traditional” beer but they also had various beers from Foothills Brewery. An IPA was $8, which was only slightly cheaper than getting the same beer at a Panthers game.

That’s because Wake Forest’s basketball games aren’t played on campus. That beer is being sold by the LJVM Coliseum. You can also buy booze at NC State’s football and basketball games, for example, for the same reason.[/quote]

Good point, but I think the law prohibiting beer sales only applies to state supported schools, so Wake could probably sell beer regardless. Regarding NC State selling beer, you can also buy beer at our baseball and basketball games played downtown.

Perhaps we should simply declare Halton and The Rich as not a part of campus. :)[/quote]

The Joel (LJVM) is owned by Wake Forest University. They bought it from the city in 2013. Again, they are not a state-supported university, so the rules prohibiting beer sales do not apply to them.