MAKE MONEY MONEY TAKE MONEY MONEY

So after discussions with a friend… U Texas is making hand over fist with alcohol sales at their sporting events(ALL SPORTING EVENTS).

If Charlotte were to JUMP on this now and sell Beer at all home contests for all sports we would be able to print enough money to do what ever we want.

Soccer already has great attendance imagine what happens if you can buy beer at games.

Basketball would easily get an extra 1k or two in the seats if we’re selling beer…

I think the time is right for this and we should jump on the train…

We’d instantly improve attendance for Tennis, Volleyball, Softball any sport lacking spectators because drinking makes even the worst sports to watch tolerable.

Have 1 Craft beer kiosk per facility and let Coor’s be the big dollar corp. That way we can get all the local breweries involved with our sports (have our team schedules at Noda, Bird Song, Triple C, etc…) get them excited about us and show the local breweries some love…

Have Brewery incentives for after the games (ride the light rail to NODA and get a free beer when the NINERS WIN).

I don’t care who needs to borrow/ steal my idea to make it happen(most likely we’ve chatted about this on a previous thread), I just want our coffers deeper, our teams better funded, and facilities state of the art.

Let beer pave the golden road to our success, and if we continue to play mediocre bball and fball we can at least keep the pregame buzz going a little longer with how much all the breweries are making and growing in the area we should be all over this… as well having a craft beer major (app has one).

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

[font=arial][size=12px]D. State law prohibits the Sale of any Alcoholic Beverage on the University Campus by any person, organization, or corporation on the Campus of the University, except a nonprofit alumni organization with a mixed beverages permit or a special occasion permit; provided, however, that Beer and Unfortified Wine may be sold at performing arts centers located on property owned or leased by the University if the seating capacity does not exceed 2,000 seats. Any such sale of Beer or Unfortified Wine must be conducted by the University’s contracted food service vendor with the appropriate permit. (N.C.G.S. 18B-1006(a))[/size][/font]

Would it be possible for the Athletic department to work with a booster club to have beer sold inside the stadium? They could use it to raise money for Athletes and boost attendance.

Obligatory “the rules don’t apply to us” (same statute):

Special one-time permits as described in G.S. 18B-1002(a)(5) for the Loudermilk Center for Excellence facility at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

I attended the Wake LSU game on Thursday night and it was nice to be able to buy a beer. Not only did they have the “traditional” beer but they also had various beers from Foothills Brewery. An IPA was $8, which was only slightly cheaper than getting the same beer at a Panthers game.

My guess is Judy has been fighting for beer sales in Halton for over 20 years.

Why Coors as the domestic beer? They don’t have a brewery in NC. Miller/Coors had one, but is in the process of closing it. Just sell local beers, Olde Mecklenburg, Sugar Creek, e.g… The price would be so high the brewer and the school would make a nice profit.

If the Legislature and Governor could focus on something other than HB2, the could allow beer/wine/mixed drinks on Sunday mornings. Make it a local option vote, so it would not be imposed on a county which did not want it. We would have a 2-3 year jump on SC and would reap a windfall from SC residents driving here to have a drink with brunch or to buy something.

Allow ABC sales on Sunday afternoon.

Put the beer/wine sales at state university on campus games in the same legislation. UNCG sells beer & wine at their games at the Greensboro Coliseum. Their lease with the Coliseum requires it.

As if any legislature anywhere cares to pass laws that actually make a difference to their constituents. That’s so old school.

As if any legislature anywhere cares to pass laws that actually make a difference to their constituents. That’s so old school.[/quote]

The NC legislature won’t do jack shit anything to benefit anything CHARLOTTE

I Think Miller Lite is still #1 seller among bars, also I would think Miller/Coors would have the larger capital to pay to be our official beer (Coor’s already is the official beer of the Niners and we can’t even sell it)

Definitely need to have the local breweries represented though!

clt has reached out to red dog.

More and more schools are selling beer at football games. I think it’s a great way to boost attendance and generate extra money.
Like stated earlier on this thread, I know a few people who would go to a softball game if beer was served, same with soccer(some people just don’t like it, but beer can change that).
I don’t know if Judy would be for this or not, but with attendance the way it has been for basketball as of late and football I don’t think it could hurt.
Wonder how much money some of the smaller schools are making off of it. It’s hard to judge how much we’d make looking at Texas and Ohio St, but maybe a few C-USA programs sell it? Anyone know?

I guarantee we’d already be selling beer if it were legal.

Contact your state legislator and ask them to change the law, maybe throw it into one of their special sessions.

As if any legislature anywhere cares to pass laws that actually make a difference to their constituents. That’s so old school.[/quote]

The NC legislature won’t do jack s*** anything to benefit anything CHARLOTTE[/quote]

Watch them pass it with special exception for Mecklenburg County.

#MECKLEXIT

[quote=“J Fleet, post:12, topic:30707”]I guarantee we’d already be selling beer if it were legal.

Contact your state legislator and ask them to change the law, maybe throw it into one of their special sessions.[/quote]

By the same token… I guarantee we’d be on the NCAA tournament if it were legal…

The one immutable, universal truth in Niner Land is we don’t try all that hard. If Wake can figure it out, there is way to get it done.

[quote=“s9er, post:14, topic:30707”][quote=“J Fleet, post:12, topic:30707”]I guarantee we’d already be selling beer if it were legal.

Contact your state legislator and ask them to change the law, maybe throw it into one of their special sessions.[/quote]

The one immutable, universal truth in Niner Land is we don’t try all that hard. If Wake can figure it out, there is way to get it done.[/quote]

We ol’ guys may remember back when wake was still pretty much under the control of the Baptist Church from which it originated, and they prohibited dancing on campus. I remember the bru-ha-ha over that until the pro-dancing faction won, and gradually the Baptist influence/control pretty much ended. Maybe the movie Footloose was based on that. :))

[quote=“s9er, post:14, topic:30707”][quote=“J Fleet, post:12, topic:30707”]I guarantee we’d already be selling beer if it were legal.

The one immutable, universal truth in Niner Land is we don’t try all that hard. If Wake can figure it out, there is way to get it done.
[/quote]

Wake didn’t have to figure anything out. They are a private school, and we are a state-supported school. They law prohibits the state-supported schools from selling beer. Oh, and Judy enjoys a cold beer every now and then, so I do not think she will have any problems with this.

[quote=“Nugget, post:16, topic:30707”][quote=“s9er, post:14, topic:30707”][quote=“J Fleet, post:12, topic:30707”]I guarantee we’d already be selling beer if it were legal.

[/quote]

Wake didn’t have to figure anything out. They are a private school, and we are a state-supported school. They law prohibits the state-supported schools from selling beer. Oh, and Judy enjoys a cold beer every now and then, so I do not think she will have any problems with this.
[/quote]

I don’t think we would have any problems from Judy or Phil regarding this.

clt says here is the solution.

Step one. Sell memberships to the half time hospitality for $49
Step two: sell beer
Step three: something about underwear gnomes.

Considering you can drink at the tailgate and sneak mini bottles into the game is there a big demand for beer at games?

I think this thread is more about how the AD can make lots of money and improve attendance without raping the students, versus getting your buzz on.