Malcolm Armstead 2009

He only shot 79 3s. He would do that a game here.

He only shot 79 3s. He would do that a game here.
Yea, with numbers like that, he should def be looking for his shot more. BUT.... maybe thats why he shot so well because he took [B]ONLY GOOD SHOTS[/B]. He could teach our coaches and players a thing or two maybe.

Dijuan shot close to 50% last year in limited actions/attempts.

I think the point about shot selection is well made, but also, you have to have scorers.

This guy, however, sounds more in the mold of a good ballhandler and a pass first guy. Nothing wrong with that at all, as long as we have guys for him to pass to. Might be just what we need.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;395858]Dijuan shot close to 50% last year in limited actions/attempts.

I think the point about shot selection is well made, but also, you have to have scorers.

This guy, however, sounds more in the mold of a good ballhandler and a pass first guy. Nothing wrong with that at all, as long as we have guys for him to pass to. Might be just what we need.[/QUOTE]

I agree NA. With things not looking promising w/ Vinson, I wonder if we go for Armstead and Richmond (redshirt him 1st yr).

What about the kid out of Hickory, Trevin parks? Any new news on him? I know Richmond and Armstead seem to be better options but he seems to have game and would probably be a 4-year player.

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;395863]What about the kid out of Hickory, Trevin parks? Any new news on him? I know Richmond and Armstead seem to be better options but he seems to have game and would probably be a 4-year player.[/QUOTE]

Richmond is a 4 yr player.

Sounds like a Demon type playerā€¦if Lutz gets a point guard that can shoot, itā€™s a wrap, because Lutz WILL be successful.
Add in a player in the mold of a Lamont or Withers we will definitely be back in the NCAAā€™sā€¦mark it!

Lutz is most successful with a shooting point guard and a point forward that can shoot.

I would love to have a Demon type of player running the point, one who isnā€™t afraid of the 3. Pair that with an excellent shooting guard and you have a deadly backcourt.

it says at the top of the blog that he did not visit thursday and that an update will come.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;395919]it says at the top of the blog that he did not visit thursday and that an update will come.[/QUOTE]

Not good news at allā€¦

jim, can you clear this up for us?

A JUCO pg visited today, but it wasnā€™t Armstead.

A JUCO pg visited today, but it wasn't Armstead.

Monie Hudson?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;395924]A JUCO pg visited today, but it wasnā€™t Armstead.[/QUOTE]

how do you know?

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;395926]Monie Hudson?[/QUOTE]

i hope so, but i thought he was being courted by the ā€˜big timeā€™ programs now?

[QUOTE=jfickett;395931]i hope so, but i thought he was being courted by the ā€˜big timeā€™ programs now?[/QUOTE]

exactly, hes being courted by us and other big time programs.

What about the kid out of Hickory, Trevin parks? Any new news on him? I know Richmond and Armstead seem to be better options but he seems to have game and would probably be a 4-year player.

Being from the area, Trevin Parks would be an excellent addition to the Niners.

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;395979]Being from the area, Trevin Parks would be an excellent addition to the Niners.[/QUOTE]

how does being from the area make him an excellent addition. being a good player makes him an excellent addition. i dont care where he is from. being from hickory doesnt make me like him any more.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;395997]how does being from the area make him an excellent addition. being a good player makes him an excellent addition. i dont care where he is from. being from hickory doesnt make me like him any more.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Itā€™s definitely a bonus when you land a local talent, but the main part is TALENT, not location.

Following the same path as Dijuan Harrisā€¦ from a JUCO while having three years of eligibility. Only hope he could lead the conference in assists like Dijuan.
Lutz can develop a point guardā€¦ from Dijuan being a walk-on to now leading the conference in assistsā€¦
Hope Armstead comes to Charlotte!