Marcus Bennett should take the NCAA to court

He has a strong case in my opinion. Originally he was supposed to sit out one year, to play THREE…but now he is sitting out his third year, just to play ONE. I have heard, however, that he is not interested in taking it to court, because he is so sick of the situation. He apparently just wants to practice with the team and wait patioently for the 05-06 season to get here. It’s a real shame how he is getting screwed over, he is a nice guy, and loves being a part of the Niners.

I think it would be best for everyone to let this situation pass by and take your one year and make the most of it. This was a bad situation from the start that got worst as the process went on. There are always two sides to every story. I am glad Bennett likes Charlotte so much and I am glad he has stayed. I hope he has a great one season and makes the most of his final opportunity.

During the 05-06 season, he will average 42 points, 10 rebounds, 22 assists, and 10 steals to make up for lost time.

I know we don’t know the specifics of the “infractions” he supposedly committed, but from the outside looking in this is definitely good material for an episode of “Outside the Lines”. Some of it may have had to do with us making absolutely sure that he is cleared by NCAA to play. To forfeit the games later is not an option.
In some cases, the players deserve a penalty of some sort. In Marcus’ case, it seems he’s been hung out to dry for basically no real reason.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 09:58 PM [b] He has a strong case in my opinion. Originally he was supposed to sit out one year, to play THREE...but now he is sitting out his third year, just to play ONE. I have heard, however, that he is not interested in taking it to court, because he is so sick of the situation. He apparently just wants to practice with the team and wait patioently for the 05-06 season to get here. It's a real shame how he is getting screwed over, he is a nice guy, and loves being a part of the Niners. [/b]
Chisox, did you talk to someone recently? I don't see this on any of the sites, although, of course we've discussed it here. Is this official? It sucks for him. The NCAA does not forgive and forget very easily, apparently.

What were the so-called infractions???

If he played for a certain branch of the state’s university system (the one located in chapel hill) & they wanted him to play, his unfair treatment is all we would be reading about in the newspaper.

Its really ashame. Every story I have read on the guy is that he is a hell of a player.

Does anyone know if there is any way he may be allowed to play 2nd semester?