Marshall's Canty to transfer

No surprise here - as Marshall finally relents - so somebody is going to land a decent PG with 3 years of eligibility.

CBSSports.com: Marshall’s Kareem Canty finally gets release, will transfer

Not good. I want our conference to be as strong as possible. Right now, their cupboard is absolutely bare. And they are one of CUSA’s better recognized teams.

Not surprised about Canty, coaching changes will tend to have that effect (even if he would’ve left anyway). I wonder if they are still trying to get an NBA guy to come there, otherwise they need to get a new coach ASAP.

Looks like ECU’s Stith will be staying in the conference afterall. Transferring to ODU (from the CUSA board): http://hamptonroads.com/2014/04/east-carolinas-brandan-stith-transfer-odu

[quote=“9erken, post:3, topic:28768”]Not surprised about Canty, coaching changes will tend to have that effect (even if he would’ve left anyway). I wonder if they are still trying to get an NBA guy to come there, otherwise they need to get a new coach ASAP.

Looks like ECU’s Stith will be staying in the conference afterall. Transferring to ODU (from the CUSA board): http://hamptonroads.com/2014/04/east-carolinas-brandan-stith-transfer-odu[/quote]

His dad coaches there right?

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:4, topic:28768”][quote=“9erken, post:3, topic:28768”]Not surprised about Canty, coaching changes will tend to have that effect (even if he would’ve left anyway). I wonder if they are still trying to get an NBA guy to come there, otherwise they need to get a new coach ASAP.

Looks like ECU’s Stith will be staying in the conference afterall. Transferring to ODU (from the CUSA board): http://hamptonroads.com/2014/04/east-carolinas-brandan-stith-transfer-odu[/quote]

His dad coaches there right?[/quote]

But ECU is going to a better conference! Their recruiting is on the rise! Everyone wants to go there! LEBOOOOOO!

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:4, topic:28768”][quote=“9erken, post:3, topic:28768”]Not surprised about Canty, coaching changes will tend to have that effect (even if he would’ve left anyway). I wonder if they are still trying to get an NBA guy to come there, otherwise they need to get a new coach ASAP.

His dad coaches there right?[/quote]Yes.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:5, topic:28768”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:4, topic:28768”][quote=“9erken, post:3, topic:28768”]Not surprised about Canty, coaching changes will tend to have that effect (even if he would’ve left anyway). I wonder if they are still trying to get an NBA guy to come there, otherwise they need to get a new coach ASAP.

His dad coaches there right?[/quote]

But ECU is going to a better conference! Their recruiting is on the rise! Everyone wants to go there! LEBOOOOOO![/quote]

He picked us over Charlotte and VCU before we even knew that.

With Sean Obi transferring to Duke and Canty still deciding on a destination, that’s at least one-third of the 2014 C-USA All-Freshman team gone. [And FWIW, it’s really half the frosh squad since Tulane won’t be in C-USA after July 1st, so Jonathan Stark is gone too!]

2013-14 CONFERENCE USA ALL-FRESHMAN TEAM
Marquan Botley, Florida Atlantic, G, 5-9, 160, Plano, Texas
Kareem Canty, Marshall, G, 6-1, 180, Harlem, N.Y. - transfer TBA
Ryan Taylor, Marshall, F, 6-5, 227, Indianapolis, Ind.
Sean Obi, Rice, F, 6-9, 265, Kaduna, Nigeria - transfer to Duke
Jonathan Stark, Tulane, G, 6-0, 160, Munford, Tenn. - new conference
Vince Hunter, UTEP, F, 6-8, 200, Detroit, Mich.

Headed to South Florida.

[quote=“Run49er, post:9, topic:28768”]Headed to South Florida.[/quote]…maybe

(knowing this guy, we probably need to include that)

[quote=“Niner National, post:10, topic:28768”][quote=“Run49er, post:9, topic:28768”]Headed to South Florida.[/quote]…maybe

(knowing this guy, we probably need to include that)[/quote]Seems pretty certain this time.

GoUSFBulls.com: Marshall’s Canty Transfers to USF

[quote=“Run49er, post:11, topic:28768”][quote=“Niner National, post:10, topic:28768”][quote=“Run49er, post:9, topic:28768”]Headed to South Florida.[/quote]…maybe

(knowing this guy, we probably need to include that)[/quote]Seems pretty certain this time.

GoUSFBulls.com: Marshall’s Canty Transfers to USF[/quote]

Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) tweeted at 9:37 PM on Tue, Jun 03, 2014:
Kareem Canty told ESPN he has re-considered and is now heading to Auburn after initially committing to Auburn, then committing to South Fla.

Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) tweeted at 9:56 PM on Tue, Jun 03, 2014:
Kareem Canty on committing to Auburn: “My heart was in Auburn and I just couldn’t turn down playing for Coach Pearl in the SEC.”

Told you Run :stuck_out_tongue:

I like his decisiveness. :o

Someone made a counteroffer at a barbecue, most likely.

[quote=“Niner National, post:12, topic:28768”]Told you Run :p[/quote]You sure did!!! :-\

BTW, see that Auburn and Xavier have signed a home-and-home series.

Comes in handy for a PG…he must be a good one.