Maryland game notes, etc.

Charlotte49ers.com: GAME NOTES: Charlotte Hosts Maryland at Bobcats Arena, Saturday

UMTerps.com: Terrapins and 49ers Square Off Saturday Afternoon

From a Terp blog…

The Terps showed a lot more heart in their romp over Savannah State than they had in awhile, [b]but Saturday’s game on the road against Charlotte will show whether or not Maryland will be at all competitive in the Atlantic Coast Conference.[/b]

Link: [b]BaltimoreSun.com[/b]

The University of Maryland (8-6, 0-1 ACC) takes on the [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]University of Charlotte [/COLOR][/B](8-4) Saturday (January 5) at the Charlotte Bobcats Arena. Tipoff between the Terps and 49ers is set for 12:00 p.m. ET. The game will be broadcast on the Terrapin Sports Radio Network and will be televised on ESPNU.
:thumbsup: Nice!

Guess Charlotte has done their homework. Terps page says this is the first meeting, but the Charlotte game notes show a game in 1975. Maryland won.

Goldwire leads the A-10 with [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]49[/COLOR][/B] three-pointers made
Hmmm, think this is good?

anybody have the line?

“Originally Posted by [B]Game notes[/B]
[I]Goldwire leads the A-10 with [B][COLOR=darkgreen]49[/COLOR][/B] three-pointers made”[/I]

[I] I think he meant to do that. He’s that good.[/I]

[QUOTE=ChevEE;280808]:thumbsup: Nice!

Guess Charlotte has done their homework. Baltimore Sun says this is the first meeting, but the Charlotte game notes show a game in 1975. Maryland won.

Hmmm, think this is good?[/QUOTE]

Game was at college park final was 70 - 60 maryland. Lee Rose was the coach game took place on december 22, 1975.

[QUOTE=dax;280866]Game was at college park final was 70 - 60 maryland. Lee Rose was the coach game took place on december 22, 1975.[/QUOTE]
I remember watching that game on TV. I was in the 10 grade at North Meck. And a lot younger too! :biggrin:

Anything in the Observer? I’m sure there will be tomorrow but with the early start I thought they may run the article today.

[QUOTE=dax;280866]Game was at college park final was 70 - 60 maryland. Lee Rose was the coach game took place on december 22, 1975.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was our FIRST televised game.

Gary Williams, Maryland
Career:593-334/30th year
at Maryland: 386-206/19th year

THE GAME: The Charlotte 49ers (8-4) shoot for an unbeaten non-conference home season, Saturday, when they host Maryland (8-6) at Bobcats Arena (Radio: WFNA - Matt Swierad; TV: ESPNU - Gary Williams, Adrian Branch).

Wow. Gary Williams is talented. He’s coaching AND doing the play-by-play…

Bodog has this game, in fact its the first billing for Saturday, but no line up yet.

[QUOTE=Chipper;280871]Anything in the Observer? I’m sure there will be tomorrow but with the early start I thought they may run the article today.[/QUOTE]

Sure as hell didn’t list anything about being on TV Saturday. I did see something listed on Sunday for the Kentucky Womens Basketball coaches show on FoxSS.