May 6th Regional Projections

Noticed its pretty slow around here. What would you all think of this regional should it hold up?

[B]Greenville Regional[/B]
Host: East Carolina

1. East Carolina (CUSA at large)
  2. Charlotte (A-10 Automatic)
  3. Oregon State (Pac 10 at large)
  4. Elon (SoCon at large)

I’d love to see this.

Uh-Huh guy would own the Pirates! The 49ers have to take care of the A10 before worrying about the regionals.

Uh-Huh guy would own the Pirates! The 49ers have to take care of the A10 before worrying about the regionals.

Im sure Uh-huh guy (whoever that may be) would have a blast. I would warn him somewhat about “the jungle”, though. We pack a lot of fans out there and they get into the outfielder’s heads pretty good. Would be a good time, though. (just youtube search ECU baseball and “jungle”

Speaking of taking care of business, we still have a weekend series (this weekend) with Tulane. Pretty good team that has given us trouble in the past. Hell, we could end up having to play at Coastal Carolina.

That would be an awesome series. Rather see ECU then UNC again

I think we can take the Pirates.
And the golf team is 2nd in the Chattanooga Regional.

I don’t care who we play right now, I just hope we sweep Richmond and URI to be in good shape for the A10 tourney. With all these injuries mounting up its going to be a nervous end to the season.

That would be an awesome series. Rather see ECU then UNC again

We came close to knocking them out in the regional last year. I believe we were up by 1-2 runs in the 8th or 9th, of course they came back and won, then we proceeded to get knocked out by WCU.

You guys put a beating on USC earlier in the year just after we lost the seires to them in Columbia 1-2. (We got blown out the 1st game, blew them out the 2nd game and lost in extra innings the 3rd game)

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;318202]I don’t care who we play right now, I just hope we sweep Richmond and URI to be in good shape for the A10 tourney. With all these injuries mounting up its going to be a nervous end to the season.[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel right now. Seems like we are limping to the finish line. We just have to take care of business in the A10 Tourney. We need to clinch the #1 or #2 seed to put us in good shape.

As far as a regional matchup suggested, that would be a tough bracket. I don’t know if they’d make Oregon State come all the way over here though. I’d much rather be in this braket than be a #4 seed in Chapel Hill. They looked pretty good the other week. Aren’t there websites out there that had projections last year?? I can’t remember where they were.

I’d also like to see a home and home weekend series with ECU get started up next year.

EDIT:

Baseball America has projections. They have us in Columbia again with NC State and Jackson State.

ECU is hosting Coastal, UVA and Monmouth.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/on-campus/2008/265957.html

I don't care who we play right now, I just hope we sweep Richmond and URI to be in good shape for the A10 tourney. With all these injuries mounting up its going to be a nervous end to the season.

what are all our injuries? will they all be healthy by the a10 or ncaa tourney?

[QUOTE=jds2007;318207]what are all our injuries? will they all be healthy by the a10 or ncaa tourney?[/QUOTE]

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20079&page=2

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;316679][B]HEALTHY[/B]
[I]Starters:[/I]
Joe Yermal
Ryan Rivers (has been hurt)
Zach Rosenbaum (has been hurt)
[I]Relievers:[/I]
Kelly McLain
Cory Tilton (also a position player)
Brandon DeLong
Luke Stahl
Andrew Smith
B.J. Hagen
Bryan Hamilton (has been hurt)
Mike Maples (has been hurt)

[B]HURTING[/B]
[I]Starters:[/I]
Keith Moreland (came off TJ surgery, had one good outing, hasn’t pitched since)
[I]Relievers:[/I]
Kyle Pfirrman (redshirted this year after TJ surgery)
Sam Pierce (out indefinitely with shattered jaw)
Justin Duncan (not sure what’s up)[/QUOTE]