McNabb to Panthers

What do you think? Quick fix?

Rex Grossman says yes.

Tintin says no

CLT is strangely mute.

Man I wish we had an NFL forum to put threads like this in…

Thank you mods.

He did wonders for the Redskins. As a Falcons fan, I will welcome him with open arms. ;D

On a serious note, if you can get him on the cheap, though, he is likely better than any of their present options. If the Panthers draft a QB in the first round, they likely won’t be bringing someone like McNabb.

I think a lot depends on how Clausen does these next 2 games. I’m more concerned about shipping Steve Smith off for another draft pick.

My preference would be to bring in Donovan, draft Luck to sit a year behind him. Trade Goodson or Stewart and pick up an extra pick. Then get Otah healthy and sign Deangelo. I would use the majority of the the picks on either DT or OL. Look towards free agency to shore up the depth and make a final decision on if our WR corp is ok and try to keep Smitty here or not and figure out what the hell to do with Armanti!

I would love to see McNabb. He is a very good QB. He cant do it all himself, though.

He can’t, but if they get Otah back and build back some OL depth they will have a line that performed well last season. They have a young defense that would have been solid this year if the offense could have given them a break. The running game is solid. The only real question marks would be is the WR corp grown enough this year? What can Armanti do and bring in some decent DTs.

He can’t, but if they get Otah back and build back some OL depth they will have a line that performed well last season. They have a young defense that would have been solid this year if the offense could have given them a break. The running game is solid. The only real question marks would be is the WR corp grown enough this year? What can Armanti do and bring in some decent DTs.[/quote]

The line we have (and had last year) sucks at pass blocking. They were built to run block.

Do the Panthers let Deangelo Williams walk and take the compensatory 3rd round pick might be a better question.

He can’t, but if they get Otah back and build back some OL depth they will have a line that performed well last season. They have a young defense that would have been solid this year if the offense could have given them a break. The running game is solid. The only real question marks would be is the WR corp grown enough this year? What can Armanti do and bring in some decent DTs.[/quote]

The line we have (and had last year) sucks at pass blocking. They were built to run block.[/quote]

Thats true and it needs to be tweaked - but its not as bad as it looks this year.

Obviously how much tweaking will depend on who we hire as a coach and what system we will run.