med school

STK, there is already a thread on this in Townhall > University News and Notes:

Link: med school

BTW, I’m still waiting on your response concerning Saint Louis University after I posted those links to the academic and athletic websites at SLU… :tongue:

i agree this is bull****. but having said that, this is the wrong forum for this discussion. it should be in townhall > ramblings or something of the like. not the sports forum.

Admin. please merge with other link.
Someone should call the US DOJ. It’s obvious the UNC Board of Gov. & NC Gen. Assembly aren’t playing by the rules on this?
Are they as outraged on the UNCA board?

I wrote another letter for the Observer to not publish.

Kenneth J. Houck, Jr.
PO Box 87
Pineville, NC 28134
704-840-5429

Letter to the Editor,

The March 8, 2008 article in the Charlotte Observer on UNC-CH opening up a

Medical School at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte is outrageous. Any

Medical School in the Charlotte Area should be run by UNC Charlotte. I’m sure the

students and alumni of UNC Asheville feel the same about the proposed UNC-CH

Medical School in Asheville. You would think our sister school would like to help

her little sisters, instead of cannibalizing their growth opportunities.

Former UNC System Presidents Spangler and Friday want UNC Charlotte to focus

on academics instead of football. Well here is a case where UNC-CH is stealing the

academics of UNC Charlotte and UNC Asheville. We can’t win for losing in the

UNC System. Some of us think it’s time the UNC System and the NC General

Assembly realized there were 16 schools in the UNC System, and not two and a half;

UNC-CH, NCSU, & sometimes ECU.

I hope the UNC Charlotte Nursing Department has the guts to switch to

Presbyterian, & not work for the CMC traitors who the UNC Charlotte Nursing

Department has supported for decades. I hope our Chancellor will stand up to the

UNC System Board of Governors & the NC General Assembly, and let them know

UNC Charlotte will not stand for a Medical School from another UNC System

institution in our backyard.

Sincerely,

Kenneth J. Houck, Jr.

UNC Charlotte-Class of 1997

I’ve come to grips with the true proble. The UNC Board of Governers wants us to be a satellite campus of UNCCH. This way, they almost get their wish.

I don’t understand why we bother having a Pharmacy School if it’s only 2 years, & then you have to transfer to UNC-CH.
I think we should have a whole Pharmacy School, or shut it down. We’re not a Community College to UNC-CH.

I don't understand why we bother having a Pharmacy School if it's only 2 years, & then you have to transfer to UNC-CH. I think we should have a whole Pharmacy School, or shut it down. We're not a Community College to UNC-CH.

…nor are we a prep school.

We’ve got a freaking good nursing school - how hard would it be to incorporate? I mean I dont know much about the topic, but I think its reasonable to assume we at least have the labs and the needed foundation through our nursing program…

Now may be a great time to start a medical school because demand for doctors and health care cost continue to increase.

Medical schools grow as economy tanks
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29654666/

My friend was saying the other day that he had heard a statistic about jobs in the medical field… There has been a constant shortage of nurses sine 1938. That is incredible.