Men’s Soccer Team Enters National Rankings #24

[QUOTE=kissmekait20;343805]and after all, this is the big O we’re talking about…
lets not get ahead of ourselves.[/QUOTE]you need to stop ragging on the observer. most people in town have no idea we are any good. so why whould the observer write about us? i’m sure a top 5 ranking will get us mentioned in a blog.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;343822]you need to stop ragging on the observer. most people in town have no idea we are any good. so why whould the observer write about us? i’m sure a [B]national championship[/B] will get us mentioned in a blog.[/QUOTE]

fixed

you need to stop ragging on the observer. most people in town have no idea we are any good. so why whould the observer write about us? i'm sure a top 5 ranking will get us mentioned in a blog.
You were joking right?
most people in town have no idea we are any good. so why whould the observer write about us?
That is exactly why they should write about us. The fact that we are good would be [U][B]NEWS[/B][/U] to them.

I can’t find it online but the Observer ran the charlotte49ers.com stories on the men and women’s wins yesterday. Men 1-0 over UAB; Women 6-0 over Francis Marion. They were the only games in the college soccer “section”.

Still no feature story or mention of the ranking. Now second in the Middle-Atlantic Region but have fallen out of National ranking. Poll is released Tuesday’s at 12:00.

I can't find it online but the Observer ran the charlotte49ers.com stories on the men and women's wins yesterday. Men 1-0 over UAB; Women 6-0 over Francis Marion. They were the only games in the college soccer "section".

Still no feature story or mention of the ranking. Now second in the Middle-Atlantic Region but have fallen out of National ranking. Poll is released Tuesday’s at 12:00.

I don’t really understand how you can go from 24th in the nation to getting 0 votes :huh:

[QUOTE=SteauA;343893]I don’t really understand how you can go from 24th in the nation to getting 0 votes :huh:[/QUOTE]

Won two games convincingly early but lost to Coastal. Have proven we can beat the 2nd tier teams in our region (Davidson, CoC, UNCW, Winthrop, UAB). Next up is UNCG. Now need to beat a 1st tier team or get to about 8-2 and we’ll be back in.

8 votes in the National poll. 2nd in the Mid-Atlantic Region behind St Louis, who is ranked 12th in the country.

[URL=http://nscaa.com/SeniorResReg.php?it=822&dv=1&rg=Middle_Atlantic]http://nscaa.com/SeniorResReg.php?it=822&dv=1&rg=Middle_Atlantic[/URL]

Soccer against UNCG Wednesday at 7:00. And if there are any Wake Forest soccer fans out there, you can get schedules, game stories, and even pre-game stories in the Winston-Salem Journal (note: the preceding remark was made with the full intention of providing information and was in no way intended to be critical of any company or organization).

I may drop by this game, even though soccer needs 2 things to become less boring:

1. Wider Goals to allow More Scoring
  2. Cheerleaders straight out of the Pole Vault Thread
Soccer against UNCG Wednesday at 7:00. And if there are any Wake Forest soccer fans out there, you can get schedules, game stories, and even pre-game stories in the Winston-Salem Journal (note: the preceding remark was made with the full intention of providing information and was in no way intended to be critical of any company or organization).

I may drop by this game, even though soccer needs 2 things to become less boring:

[COLOR=Red]2. Cheerleaders straight out of the Pole Vault Thread[/COLOR]

Um, no.
[COLOR=Red]Um, yes.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Black]I’ll definitely be there tomorrow! Soccer will always be my number one favorite sport.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;344544]Soccer against UNCG Wednesday at 7:00. And if there are any Wake Forest soccer fans out there, you can get schedules, game stories, and even pre-game stories in the Winston-Salem Journal (note: the preceding remark was made with the full intention of providing information and was in no way intended to be critical of any company or organization).

2. Cheerleaders straight out of the Pole Vault Thread[/QUOTE]

I agree with #2 but disagree with #1. I also agree about Wake and their coverage but you need to realize the Winston-Salem paper is the only paper giving Wake all that pub.

Niners defeat UNCG 1-0.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;344977]Niners defeat UNCG 1-0.[/QUOTE]

Thanks over. So now we’ve beaten: Davidson, CoC, UNCW, Winthrop, UAB, UNCG and lost to Coastal Carolina in OT. Next up Elon Saturday night at home. Taking the kids out there Sat for game and fireworks.

Woohoo!!!

Great game tonight, the crowd has been overwhelming this season, both soccer and for volleyball games. More students are showing up. Niner Nation in full force!

[QUOTE=ninerball49;345016]Great game tonight, the crowd has been overwhelming this season, both soccer and for volleyball games. More students are showing up. Niner Nation in full force![/QUOTE]

and chanting has been good.

Definitely was fun, crowd was hype, we were standing the whole time, chanting, etc. The goal near the end was fitting, although as others have said, we should’ve put in about 2-3 more.

Definitely was fun, crowd was hype, we were standing the whole time, chanting, etc. The goal near the end was fitting, although as others have said, we should've put in about 2-3 more.
We would have scored 5 or 6 more points if the goal was as wide as it should be.
We would have scored 5 or 6 more points if the goal was as wide as it should be.

:lol::lmao::lmao:

and chanting has been good.

I say kudo’s to Alex… Or maybe just thank him for being from europe. Those chants he started were awesome and something new for Niners soccer.

27th in the NSCAA/Adidas National Rankings, Sept 30th:

Voted by the coaches.

[URL=http://nscaa.com/seniorRes.php?it=837]http://nscaa.com/seniorRes.php?it=837[/URL]