Men's golf ⛳

Men are tearing it up in Wyoming this week, follow here: Team - Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate - 2022-03-02

6 Likes

How long before someone posts that this is an indictment of Ron Sanchez?

4 Likes

up to an 11 stroke lead now. En fuego.

1 Like

Fourteen under par through 10 holes today. Next best round was 5 under. En fuego, indeed.

1 Like

Only one bogey through 11 holes of golf is impressive when you have 17 birdies.

1 Like

What a day! No one even close.

3 Likes

Rock solid. Should move us up in the national rankings.

1 Like

At least one positive this weekend:

Where was Sharpstene this weekend?

2 Likes

FPrJpqaWQBA7q3G

5 Likes

While softball and baseball may be frustrating to follow right now, the 26th ranked golf team is continuing to kill it. Leading the field today, hoping for a strong finish and they’ll continue to climb in the rankings:

https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=23078

2 Likes

Maybe we are getting back to the glory days for the golf team of 2006 to 2012 or so.

1 Like

Finishing 4th is disappointing

https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=23078

I get what you are saying in that our guys had a real chance to win. Those are some strong teams finishing just ahead of us and Virginia was playing on their home course, so not a bad tournament at all.

3 Likes

They were leading most of the day. Nobody was beating Virginia on their home course. #20 Tennessee went on a real tear to come from about 5 strokes back to pass the rest of the field, so hats-off to them. We literally lost by the last golfer getting a bogey on the very last hole to let a ranked UNF team pass us at the very end by 1 stroke.

1 Like

In case you want to follow today: Team - C-USA Men's Golf Championship - 2022-04-25

I’d say we’re favored to win, 2nd place would be a disappointment, but winning is definitely not a given. Ranking up to #28

1 Like

ugh, not a good day at all. Wonder if they’re just shitting the bed or if the weather is playing a factor. WAY back from where you would expect them to be, digging a deep hole to climb out of.

I am guessing this is a 3 round event? Looks like we are being the dreaded Niner

Looking at the scoreboard at 1:26 on Wednesday, Niners look to be in good shape to finish 4th or 3rd in medal play, which would put them into the semifinals in match play, as I understand the tournament setup to be.

Yes, they’re making progress today. Climbing out of that hole.

We made to match play. Only thing to decide now is are we the 3 or 4 seed