Message from Major Video

Haven’t seen anyone post this, but I got an email this morning with the attached video…pretty freaking sweet!

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/23200/UNCC_deploy_final/deploy/index.html

haha that is awesome. Really creative idea.

That was awsome, very creative and well done.

Very nice…Coach called a bunch of my closest friends today ^-^

Impressive!

very cool, great design. Glad to see them reaching out to fans w/ Major

Wow, have not seen that before. Very impressive concept.

Good idea!! 8)

That’s awesome. Very engaging and exciting.

Coach Major gave me and my roomate a call this morning 8)

Very cool…but I must say one thing…

"By providing your name and phone number and clicking "Submit", you agree to the following Terms. Your information will not be used by anyone other than [b]University of North Carolina, Charlotte[/b]

WTF!

Maybe I’m on the other side, but this is flat out horrible.

It’s basically a scam to get your contact information to bombard you with prerecorded messages. Just tell me what he says and put it in a press announcement than get me to agree in the Terms of Use to be solicited.

I expect this from an internet operation, not from an Academic Institution. The legal and business teams should be flogged for thinking contact mining is a good idea.

[quote=“cakewalk5, post:12, topic:23139”]Maybe I’m on the other side, but this is flat out horrible.

It’s basically a scam to get your contact information to bombard you with prerecorded messages. Just tell me what he says and put it in a press announcement than get me to agree in the Terms of Use to be solicited.

I expect this from an internet operation, not from an Academic Institution. The legal and business teams should be flogged for thinking contact mining is a good idea.[/quote]

God forbid our AD do some [glow=red,2,300]marketing[/glow] aimed at reaching out to the [glow=red,2,300]community[/glow].

I agree 100%. The quality of our video production has increased 1000 fold over the past few years. Ever since we got the new scoreboard they are doing a better job using highlights for pre-game intros and I really like this use of the video with the call integrated within.

I am pretty sure that I was already on the contact list because I have gotten calls before from Bobby Lutz, etc. It didn’t seem like they abused it, at least not like all the political calls (and hang-ups) I am getting these days. I put my cell phone in this morning though and haven’t heard back from Coach Major. I am kind of hurt.

[quote=“scollie41, post:13, topic:23139”][quote=“cakewalk5, post:12, topic:23139”]Maybe I’m on the other side, but this is flat out horrible.

I expect this from an internet operation, not from an Academic Institution. The legal and business teams should be flogged for thinking contact mining is a good idea.[/quote]

God forbid our AD do some [glow=red,2,300]marketing[/glow] aimed at reaching out to the [glow=red,2,300]community[/glow].[/quote]

All for marketing…but this can get twisted into bad pub. Would only take one editorial discussing that Charlotte should be part of do not call lists because of similar tactics.

Really think the legal dept there didn’t go through the Oh S*** scenarios that can happen for this.

Hey, NA, what you think?

[quote=“Hooner49, post:11, topic:23139”]Very cool…but I must say one thing…

"By providing your name and phone number and clicking "Submit", you agree to the following Terms. Your information will not be used by anyone other than [b]University of North Carolina, Charlotte[/b]

WTF![/quote]

I think that was specifically addressing this girl named Charlotte. Now she knows, that by submitting her name and number, her information will only be used by the University of North Carolina system. If your name is not Charlotte, who knows where your information will wind up.