Metro thread crap

[quote=“LeftyNiner, post:32, topic:23189”]Welcome Mayfield and the first recruit for the new staff.

Mayfield has the size we need at guard and a year to get even better. He scored a ton in high school and AAU. Just to put things in perspective. We were bad the last 10 games and Sirin didn’t play, we all have high hopes for him.[/quote]
as always,
yes lets keep things in perspective…

UGA was 14-17 (0-11 on road), not a good team at all

he avg 5.9 min gm, 0.9 pts, had more TOs (10) than assists 8

http://www.georgiadogs.com/fls/8800/stats/mbasketball/2010/teamcume.htm

what is there to be excited about???

[quote=“Metro, post:1, topic:23215”][quote=“LeftyNiner, post:32, topic:23189”]Welcome Mayfield and the first recruit for the new staff.

Mayfield has the size we need at guard and a year to get even better. He scored a ton in high school and AAU. Just to put things in perspective. We were bad the last 10 games and Sirin didn’t play, we all have high hopes for him.[/quote]
as always,

he avg 5.9 min gm, 0.9 pts, had more TOs (10) than assists ( 8)

what is there to be excited about???[/quote]

[quote=“Metro, post:1, topic:23215”][quote=“LeftyNiner, post:32, topic:23189”]Welcome Mayfield and the first recruit for the new staff.

as always,

he avg 5.9 min gm, 0.9 pts, had more TOs (10) than assists 8

what is there to be excited about???[/quote]
i cant believe im about to say this but i agree with metro. georgia is not good. we are a much better program than them. we need to stop lumping all bcs teams together. we need to stop thinking that because someone played for a bcs program that they can play. maybe he can play, maybe not but i dont understand why they are taking a chance on a kid who didnt play on a bad team. sorry i cant be more optimistic.

[quote=“Cooch, post:50, topic:23189”]At least he isn’t a 5’9" walk on…

Let’s see what he can do before you call it a bad move.[/quote]
umm…never called it a “bad move”

asked what there is to be excited about…

I agree with your post. I never understood the love affair with Harris.

[quote=“Metro, post:4, topic:23215”][quote=“Cooch, post:50, topic:23189”]At least he isn’t a 5’9" walk on…

I agree with your post. I never understood the love affair with Harris.[/quote]

Is there anything about our program/coach/players you DO like?

[quote=“Metro, post:4, topic:23215”][quote=“Cooch, post:50, topic:23189”]At least he isn’t a 5’9" walk on…

A little sarcasm on my part. I think Dijuan was a pleasant surprise from someone a lot of people were initially underwhelmed by.

maybe the love affair has something to do with the fact that he was a 5’9" walk on point guard who actively pursued us and wanted to walk on. he came here knowing that he was gonna be the backup behind gerrity and outworked gerrity to take the starting spot. then when gerrity leaves, he plays 38 minutes per game for a bad team and was amongst the nations leaders in assist to turnover ratio. maybe it was because the guy gave everything he had every game and played through some gross injuries. maybe it was because he was a great ambassador for the university and truly loved being a niner. was he the most talented guy ever? no but nobody could match his heart and he is an example of what hard work and a positive attitude. o yeah, and he was a great recruiter as well as player while on campus.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:7, topic:23215”][quote=“Metro, post:4, topic:23215”][quote=“Cooch, post:50, topic:23189”]At least he isn’t a 5’9" walk on…

maybe the love affair has something to do with the fact that he was a 5’9" walk on point guard who actively pursued us and wanted to walk on. he came here knowing that he was gonna be the backup behind gerrity and outworked gerrity to take the starting spot. then when gerrity leaves, he plays 38 minutes per game for a bad team and was amongst the nations leaders in assist to turnover ratio. maybe it was because the guy gave everything he had every game and played through some gross injuries. maybe it was because he was a great ambassador for the university and truly loved being a niner. was he the most talented guy ever? no but nobody could match his heart and he is an example of what hard work and a positive attitude. o yeah, and he was a great recruiter as well as player while on campus.[/quote]

What he said.

[quote=“EE9er, post:5, topic:23215”][quote=“Metro, post:4, topic:23215”][quote=“Cooch, post:50, topic:23189”]At least he isn’t a 5’9" walk on…

Is there anything about our program/coach/players you DO like?[/quote]
??

program?..I bled, sweated, and shed tears for it …of course YES I like it. PM if you want to discuss more. I will give you my cell.

coach?..not sure. I am on the fence. A guy that was Thad Matta’s asst an never promoted and never played the game, I am on the fence frankly. I was hoping for a charismatic individual, not a guy who is obviously challenged with a camera or mic in front of him.

Players? LOL, I was pro Demarco or Kummer getting a shot on this staff, actual 49ers. I am a season ticket holder and love our team (when there is a group that plays hard and committed). I just am not sold on a kid from UGA who was on a bad team, and couldn’t sniff PT. I hope he is another Galen Young…but numbers don’t lie.

Being on a green kool aid drip does you, me, the program, etc zero good. Look at things objectively.

[quote=“Metro, post:9, topic:23215”]Players? LOL, I was pro Demarco or Kummer getting a shot on this staff, actual 49ers. I am a season ticket holder and love our team (when there is a group that plays hard and committed). I just am not sold on a kid from UGA who was on a bad team, and couldn’t sniff PT. I hope he is another Galen Young…but numbers don’t lie.

Being on a green kool aid drip does you, me, the program, etc zero good. Look at things objectively.[/quote]

I hate to interrupt your thread crapping, but your logic doesn’t even add up. Major has more high major coaching experience than either of our last two hires, and you’re accusing people of “drinking the green kool aid” and “not being objective” while simultaneously promoting the hire of an inexperienced former player to an assistants position?

You’ve made your point several times now. You hate Judy, you hate Phil and you desperately want Major to fall flat on his face so you can throw it back in Judy’s. We get it. Move on.

[quote=“Metro, post:9, topic:23215”]??

program?..I bled, sweated, and shed tears for it …of course YES I like it. PM if you want to discuss more. I will give you my cell.

coach?..not sure. I am on the fence. A guy that was Thad Matta’s asst an never promoted and never played the game, I am on the fence frankly. I was hoping for a charismatic individual, not a guy who is obviously challenged with a camera or mic in front of him.

Players? LOL, I was pro Demarco or Kummer getting a shot on this staff, actual 49ers. I am a season ticket holder and love our team (when there is a group that plays hard and committed). I just am not sold on a kid from UGA who was on a bad team, and couldn’t sniff PT. I hope he is another Galen Young…but numbers don’t lie.

Being on a green kool aid drip does you, me, the program, etc zero good. Look at things objectively.[/quote]

The program comment was about your sig and our wonderfull AD…
Then you add the coach stuff, which you already answered so I don’t need to PM you about that…

I guess the Harris comment was what got to me, read niner55’s post above, how can you “not understand the love affair for Harris” Was there not a baseball player on the team when you played that gave his all eventhough he might not have had the physical gifts of others and played for the name on the front instead of the back…? If you have a personal issue with him, fine. But you can’t argue he gave his all for our team and actually wanted to be a niner, which is more than we can say about some of the other past players.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:10, topic:23215”][quote=“Metro, post:9, topic:23215”]Players? LOL, I was pro Demarco or Kummer getting a shot on this staff, actual 49ers. I am a season ticket holder and love our team (when there is a group that plays hard and committed). I just am not sold on a kid from UGA who was on a bad team, and couldn’t sniff PT. I hope he is another Galen Young…but numbers don’t lie.

I hate to interrupt your thread crapping, but your logic doesn’t even add up. Major has more high major coaching experience than either of our last two hires, and you’re accusing people of “drinking the green kool aid” and “not being objective” while simultaneously promoting the hire of an inexperienced former player to an assistants position?

You’ve made your point several times now. You hate Judy, you hate Phil and you desperately want Major to fall flat on his face so you can throw it back in Judy’s. We get it. Move on.[/quote]
you move on chump

[quote=“Metro, post:12, topic:23215”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:10, topic:23215”][quote=“Metro, post:9, topic:23215”]Players? LOL, I was pro Demarco or Kummer getting a shot on this staff, actual 49ers. I am a season ticket holder and love our team (when there is a group that plays hard and committed). I just am not sold on a kid from UGA who was on a bad team, and couldn’t sniff PT. I hope he is another Galen Young…but numbers don’t lie.

You’ve made your point several times now. You hate Judy, you hate Phil and you desperately want Major to fall flat on his face so you can throw it back in Judy’s. We get it. Move on.[/quote]
you move on chump[/quote]

Good comeback. Top notch.

I don’t know much about Mayfield, but seems as though he could be a player. UGA was not that good, but, let’s not forget they beat UT last year… :o So, he could have had an issue with the coach, or just partied too much in Athens, like we all have! Bottom line is that coach thinks he can help us, so who are we to doubt him? Major has given us no reason to think that he will not succeed IMO…

If Lutz had recruited Mayfield I would be more concerned. Major has a clean slate with me. I will give him the benefit for now.

This. :smiley: