Mike Hill, aka: šŸ in training

Thatā€™s sad if true. But I 100% believe it. We always hire wrong person: Major, Lambert, Price, Dubois, Judy. And UNC probably leveraging him here.

Iā€™m out for good if Hill is the guy. 100 possible candidates and we get a Tarheel? Pathetic

I have seen here and in shout box that Hill is the frontrunner. What is the evidence?

Iā€™ll take Hill or Esten. Barstool 49ers wants Esten but will gladly take a guy from a program that has won national titles in all 3 major sports since 2006. Not too shabby, could care less where he did his undergrad. He is more a Gator than a Tarhole.

Thatā€™s sad if true. But I 100% believe it. We always hire wrong person: Major, Lambert, Price, Dubois, Judy. And UNC probably leveraging him here.

Iā€™m out for good if Hill is the guy. 100 possible candidates and we get a Tarheel? Pathetic[/quote]
Apologizes if Iā€™m wrong but werenā€™t you the guy pimping for us to hire Buzz Peterson a few years back???

Iā€™m out for good if Hill is the guy. 100 possible candidates and we get a Tarheel? Pathetic[/quote]
Apologizes if Iā€™m wrong but werenā€™t you the guy pimping for us to hire Buzz Peterson a few years back???[/quote]

Nope. Taken way out of typical nnn context. Said we should simply look at him only if he could partner with Jordan $ or big time asstsā€¦and he won big at Tulsa. Never said hire Buzz. I was a Kelsey guy. I would still take a UNC grad HC like UNCG HC but not an UNC grad AD partnered with Dubois.

#firechapelhillhill

I hope he likes bobbleheads.

Was this determined at Burger King or Bojangles?

Was this determined at Burger King or Bojangles?[/quote]

Outback Steakhouse in Statesville

clt says it is not going to be Hill

So press conference at end of week to announce hireā€¦Judy in attendance or no? Can we hire a body language expert?

With interviews today and Tuesday and BOT meeting Wed evening Iā€™m guessing Thursday morning announcement unless something crazy happens. With BOT meeting happening so fast after interviews they must have already discussed compensation so all that is left is offer and acceptance.

I assume Judy will be at any presser. Im hoping presser is on Friday.

If they take questions and Judy is there, things could be awkward. The stuff Iā€™d ask would be embarrassing to her.

Also, will Phil require a standing ovation for her?

Ya I want to hear new man be dead pan honest. Canā€™t if sheā€™s in room

[quote=ā€œ4ever niner, post:53, topic:32386ā€]If they take questions and Judy is there, things could be awkward. The stuff Iā€™d ask would be embarrassing to her.

Also, will Phil require a standing ovation for her?[/quote]
Guess 1-11 football and a 14 game losing streak in basketball isnā€™t embarrassing enough.

[quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:55, topic:32386ā€][quote=ā€œ4ever niner, post:53, topic:32386ā€]If they take questions and Judy is there, things could be awkward. The stuff Iā€™d ask would be embarrassing to her.

Also, will Phil require a standing ovation for her?[/quote]
Guess 1-11 football and a 14 game losing streak in basketball isnā€™t embarrassing enough.[/quote]

Judy never has been nor will she be embarrassed. Itā€™s not her fault but everyone elseā€™s. Page 1 of her playbook.

^This.

We need to hear straight talk right out of the gates so we can embrace this new AD and be all-in from the get go. That would have to include an acknowledgement of how we have underperformed as a program the last decade. If Judy is in attendance and none of that is shared, weā€™re all left wondering what the new AD is REALLY thinkingā€¦which is all too painfully familiar.

Perfect scenario is Judy is in the room and the new AD still delivers the straight talk, making it obvious the new AD is EXACTLY what weā€™ve all been wanting.

^This.

We need to hear straight talk right out of the gates so we can embrace this new AD and be all-in from the get go. That would have to include an acknowledgement of how we have underperformed as a program the last decade. If Judy is in attendance and none of that is shared, weā€™re all left wondering what the new AD is REALLY thinkingā€¦which is all too painfully familiar.[/quote]

Any of you expecting the new AD to talk about how much we have underachieved at the presser are going to be disappointed. Heā€™s not going to publicly trash his predecessor or come anywhere close to it. Just not. Whether she is present doesnā€™t matter. She was here for 30+ years and has her name on a building. I donā€™t agree with that, but letā€™s be realistic.

Expect a lot of cliches about potential and getting to work and charting the path forward thanks to all Judy has done, etc etc.

Where it matters is in the work we see and the results we get. Pressers are dumb.

So Iā€™m assuming from the above post that I would not get straight answers to my embarrassing questions.?

^This.

We need to hear straight talk right out of the gates so we can embrace this new AD and be all-in from the get go. That would have to include an acknowledgement of how we have underperformed as a program the last decade. If Judy is in attendance and none of that is shared, weā€™re all left wondering what the new AD is REALLY thinkingā€¦which is all too painfully familiar.[/quote]

Any of you expecting the new AD to talk about how much we have underachieved at the presser are going to be disappointed. Heā€™s not going to publicly trash his predecessor or come anywhere close to it. Just not. Whether she is present doesnā€™t matter. She was here for 30+ years and has her name on a building. I donā€™t agree with that, but letā€™s be realistic.

Expect a lot of cliches about potential and getting to work and charting the path forward thanks to all Judy has done, etc etc.

Where it matters is in the work we see and the results we get. Pressers are dumb.[/quote]

As usual, Job is right.