Mike Hill, aka: 🐐 in training

^This.

We need to hear straight talk right out of the gates so we can embrace this new AD and be all-in from the get go. That would have to include an acknowledgement of how we have underperformed as a program the last decade. If Judy is in attendance and none of that is shared, we’re all left wondering what the new AD is REALLY thinking…which is all too painfully familiar.[/quote]

Any of you expecting the new AD to talk about how much we have underachieved at the presser are going to be disappointed. He’s not going to publicly trash his predecessor or come anywhere close to it. Just not. Whether she is present doesn’t matter. She was here for 30+ years and has her name on a building. I don’t agree with that, but let’s be realistic.

Expect a lot of cliches about potential and getting to work and charting the path forward thanks to all Judy has done, etc etc.

Where it matters is in the work we see and the results we get. Pressers are dumb.[/quote]

As usual, Job is right.[/quote]
I never inferred trash anyone. However I would expect 1 level of PC if Judy is 5 feet away, vs not. She is the worst poker player on the planet, would be fun to see.

Mike Hill #1 Priority - Basketball

clt says who cares about the runner up?

^This.

We need to hear straight talk right out of the gates so we can embrace this new AD and be all-in from the get go. That would have to include an acknowledgement of how we have underperformed as a program the last decade. If Judy is in attendance and none of that is shared, we’re all left wondering what the new AD is REALLY thinking…which is all too painfully familiar.[/quote]

Any of you expecting the new AD to talk about how much we have underachieved at the presser are going to be disappointed. He’s not going to publicly trash his predecessor or come anywhere close to it. Just not. Whether she is present doesn’t matter. She was here for 30+ years and has her name on a building. I don’t agree with that, but let’s be realistic.

Expect a lot of cliches about potential and getting to work and charting the path forward thanks to all Judy has done, etc etc.

Where it matters is in the work we see and the results we get. Pressers are dumb.[/quote]

As usual, Job is right.[/quote]
I never inferred trash anyone. However I would expect 1 level of PC if Judy is 5 feet away, vs not. She is the worst poker player on the planet, would be fun to see.[/quote]

I think the point is that it’s time to move on. I don’t care if Judy is there or uncomfortable or not. Let her retire. What’s done is done. I don’t expect the new guy to come in and trash the predecessor. Publicly she wasn’t fired so he doesn’t have carte blanche to do that.

Realistically I expect a bunch of platitudes at the presser, and if we made a good hire, another more in depth presser about changes around 30 days after. No way he can even know all the failings at the time of the press conference.

Let’s move on, let’s hope for good things forward, not petty opportunities to stick it to Judy.

I wouldn’t classify asking about potential changes and improvements as petty opportunism. Hell, its even possible the new AD might welcome input. At the same time, Rose has undergone quite a bit of public humiliation and more of that seems pointless now that she’s out.
The consensus that the presser will be just a bunch of platitudes is probably correct and serious discussion of issues will have to wait

[quote=“4ever niner, post:65, topic:32386”]I wouldn’t classify asking about potential changes and improvements as petty opportunism. Hell, its even possible the new AD might welcome input. At the same time, Rose has undergone quite a bit of public humiliation and more of that seems pointless now that she’s out.
The consensus that the presser will be just a bunch of platitudes is probably correct and serious discussion of issues will have to wait[/quote]
Wow, this is the first time I’ve ever agreed with you. :smiley:

Thursday or Friday?

Possibly today

Possibly today[/quote]

Did you meet with both yet? What were both like? Change mind on one or the other after meeting in person? I haven’t seen an update if you posted.

Possibly today[/quote]

Did you meet with both yet? What were both like? Change mind on one or the other after meeting in person? I haven’t seen an update if you posted.[/quote]they were asked notntonshare until the process is over.

Moss and nwa said they liked both though.

Are the board of directors still meeting today ?

[quote=“ninerJ, post:71, topic:32386”]Are the board of directors still meeting today ?[/quote]Yes, and it’s the Board of Trustees --> https://chancellor.uncc.edu/board-trustees/meetings

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 – Board of Trustees Special Called Meeting
5:00 - 6:00 p.m. | Agenda
Via conference call – Public call-in number 704-687-5723

This was a done deal almost a week ago. Very excited!

Not surprised. I hope we win and do things the right way. Get ready for lots of changes (good), more winning (couldn’t
possibly be less) and lots of folks majoring in “Sports and Recreation”. Welcome, Charlotte 49ers to the 21st century.

Wes Miller a legitimate option.

*waits for metro rant :rolleyes:

Fuck no.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN EVERY SPORT

I am stoked to finally have a new AD. It’s a surreal feeling. Hopefully Hill can claim some of our potential that’s been lost.