Mike Hill and the Future

Birmingham is also a reasonable distance. Close enough to be drivable. Nobody else really is though.

Depends if you consider over 6 hours one way reasonable, but that is easily again the next closest conference opponent.

2fd840679ca1d3b64fddbe0a095c1a36

1 Like
2 Likes

I was going to reluctantly talk myself into having one more year with Sanchez if we kept the core together. After today i dont even have the energy to read the posts on this board anymore to comb through the fire sanchez thread. Came here to at least say im surprised theres not more activity in this one calling mikes job into question.

1 Like

I havenā€™t read the Fire Sanchez thread since the C-USA tourney. See there are 777 posts since then!

1 Like

You may find some of todays banter amusing.

Iā€™ve been trying to get a notorious Sanchez supporter to answer a simple question.

Alas, I think he doesnā€™t have the heart for it.

Be careful. Being critical of Ron Sanchez or Mike Hill will get a few isolated nuts calling you a hater and a troll.

Outside of maybe some big donation surprises, I donā€™t see Mikeā€™s well timed fundraising drive going very well

Basketball and Ron Sanchez is sucking so bad it is sucking the life out of 49ers athletics. Then, add extreme inflation. Now add too Mike Hill doubling down his support of Sanchez with the so proud tweet bragging about basketball having the ā€œmost winsā€ since 2008ā€¦

Mike needs a swift kick in the ass or a bucket of ice water to wake up. The pillars are falling and he is about to get crushed by them.

I just donā€™t think this guy is getting results. His funding raising abilities arenā€™t materializing. If we donā€™t win big in football or basketball in the next two years and dirt hasnā€™t broken on stadium expansion I want the guy gone. Tired of being sold a bill of empty promises.

1 Like

I see this as the two possible paths to where we areā€¦

1 - We didnā€™t know Brice and Aly were transferring and we went ahead with this to pad some wins and get the team and Ron some tournament experience.

2 - We knew they were leaving and did it anyway

If itā€™s #1, why the hell didnā€™t you know Mike? My gut says that if you interviewed those two players, their character doesnā€™t allow them to lie to you. Or, did you ask Ron? Or did we not even bother to think about the possibility?

If itā€™s #2, WTF? Did you think a CBI tournament would make us forget about losing our entire offense? Losing one of the best things about our current team (the son of an all time great)?

This makes zero sense in any logical kind of way.

Anyone remember the quote from Ron how he wasnā€™t spending 2 minutes on worrying about keeping players and instead he needed to find players that buy in or want to be hereā€¦ forget exactly. I couldnā€™t find it, but I think we knew they were leaving and we did the CBI anyway.

3 Likes

Also, it feels like itā€™s good timing to announce basketball price increasesā€¦

After all, weā€™re #goldstandard, right?

2 Likes

If tickets go up that might do the impossible and stop me from buying a season ticket. Iā€™ve gone from 4 to 2 to 1 and from behind the bench to 226. The next step is just dropping them, donā€™t wanna go there but if the AD makes move like that I just canā€™t keep supporting that.

I will say that since we won the CBI and got those two espn2 games, it was worth the money to play. Now that does depends on how Sanchez (and even Hill) uses that spot light (even if itā€™s just the CBI).

Definitely getting a run of pub from the CBI between the tweets, mentions on ESPN, etc.

4 Likes

We probably agreed to play cbi mid season because hill already knew he wanted a 20 win argument

Mike Hill is a Tarhole. Not always a bad thing. However, itā€™s not the ā€œCarolina Wayā€ to admit mistakes or personal failures. Rather, the blame is shifted and/or diversionary tactics are often used instead. Itā€™s our fault Brice left, just waiting for that shoe to drop. The 20 win standard is straight from the Dean Smith era.

I have said it before and I will say it again - he isnā€™t a heel. Talk to him for any amount of time and you will realize if anything he is a Gator first and a Tiger second.

3 Likes

Ainā€™t buying that. Put him in a room full of tarholes and letā€™s see what happens

Well he has a degree from there - put him in a room with Heels and he probably acts like a Heel as he has a common experience with them, but he spent 4 years there, he lived in Clemson where his parents were on faculty and he has very deep feelings, and he spent over 2 decades at florida and saw extreme success there. I am not saying he hates Chapel Hill like we do, but he bleeds orange before blue.

I usually pushback on the Heel thing, mostly because I think playing the UNC card is often our boogeyman in the closet.

Like I said, it isnā€™t always a bad thing, but there are such ways included in the Carolina Way.