Mike Jones - 2006

As JJ reported a few days ago, we are looking at Mike Jones.

He is a 6’6 SF from Lower Richland HS in Hopkins, SC.

Mike Jones link

Jones is considering offers from Maryland, Alabama, UConn, South Carolina, Clemson, Florida and NC State.

He is the #10 ranked SF in the class of 2006 and #30 overall.

who?!?1

Mike joooones!!!

lol Mike Jooooones!!!
he reps swishahouse

our next recruit will be Paul Wall

B)

moss2k reps swishahouse too B)

From The State:

[b]Lower Richland forward Mike Jones will narrow the number of schools he is considering to five, coach Chip Atkins said. USC, Clemson, Georgia, Miami, [b]Charlotte[/b], Maryland, Kansas, Connecticut and Syracuse are the schools he is considering.[/b]
Link: [url=http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sports/colleges/university_of_south_carolina/12328454.htm]TheState.com[/url]

I’ve got his phone number if anyone wants to call and talk to him its [edited by mods].

Sorry, please do not list personal phone numbers for prospective players - mods

yea the number is xxx

call mike and tell him to choose charlotte :lol: :lol:

he wont mind… he supposedly gets 10,000 calls a day.

[i]Originally posted by JNinerGreen[/i]@Aug 9 2005, 10:23 AM [b] yea the number is xxx.

call mike and tell him to choose charlotte :lol: :lol:

he wont mind… he supposedly gets 10,000 calls a day. [/b]

I realize this is a joke, but it does bring up a serious point concerning booster/recruit contacts:

Letters or phone calls from boosters to prospects for recruiting purposes are prohibited.

NCAA.org

wow. that wasnt a personal phone number and it had NOTHING to do with mike jones the high school basketball player. you dial it and geta recording. lol wow

MIKE JOOONES!!!

Group state

He has cut the list and we have made his short list.

Don’t act like you don’t know the name.

Good to hear. I hope we are able to start to land some SC high school players for there’s some very good talent down there in the next few classes.

I’m lookin for a dime…thats top of the line…cute face, small waist and a big behind…

I’m lookin for a dime…thats top of the line…cute face, small waist, and a big behind…

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com: Mike Jones discussion

Gamecock fan calls us UNC-C. I remind him of the last game with USC. Then, guy chimes in about Beasley.

Also, check out the thread about highest jumpers.

From Scout.com:

The summer, especially the Nike All-American Camp, was good to Mike Jones. The 6-foot-7 combo forward out of Hopkins (S.C.) Lower Richland found his way into the rankings at No. 34 in America.
Now, he’s set to begin some official visits in September and has already trimmed his list to five schools. Charlotte, Syracuse, South Carolina, Miami and Maryland are the contenders.

“I was looking at the schools that showed the most interest and played my style,” Jones said of the list. “Plus, I looked at players who played my position and who develops guys.”

Like most at this stage, Jones is coy about a leader. “Nobody really stands out, I’m just open to those five schools.”

Jones did indicate that Charlotte and South Carolina, from his perspective, were recruiting him the hardest. “They call constantly and let me know that I’m their top recruit,” Jones said of the schools.

Though he could not say where he’ll visit first and didn’t have his visits set in stone, research indicates that Maryland could be a middle of the month trip and Charlotte at the end of the month.

Jones said that he should be able to spin a commitment after the visits. “You go over the lists and get to know the coaches. For me, it’s like who shows more interest and who do I talk to lately.”

Visits Syracuse on 9/16 and Charlotte on 9/30 per Scout.com. Also offered by Maryland, Miami-FL, and South Carolina. Word is that the Niners have a good shot at landing Mr. Jones…

Rivals.com: Mike Jones

Scout.com: Mike Jones

we arent even mentioned on rivals

Found this from an older article from JJ at Nike Camp NICE:

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=431850

Benny Moss has been following 6-6 shooting guard Mike Jones of South Carolina making his presence known. Jones made the All Star game here at Nike All American Camp in Indianapolis, and has one of the best mid range games, regardless of class, in the country. He finishes in the lane and is no question a future pro basketball player. Jones would be a huge pickup for the Niners, almost on the level of the Beasley commitment.

His 3-point shot is good enough to keep the defense honest, and he’s a capable defender. Think Eddie Basden with a more deadly mid range jumper and a streaky long ball, and not quite as good of a defender. Like an Eddie who hunts his shot.