Mine Shaft

It usually looked something like this:

[b]49ers 117[/b]

Visitors 38

[/quote]
Classic[/quote]

Also… That score was pretty realistic during Foster’s reign. Breaking 100 was pretty much standard procedure for us back then.

[quote=“earlyniner, post:20, topic:23434”]did this thread get highjacked?

the only “Mineshaft” EVER was down beyond halton in the belk gym!

and don’t you forget it!!! that’s where it all started.[/quote]

early i like your attitude.

The only Mine Shaft memory I have is from Midnight Madness in 1996. That place was packed!! I can only imagine how rowdy that place was for a game in it’s glory days.

My freshman year madness was at the mineshaft with a dunk off between Henry and Jarvis. Amazing stuff I tell you what.

did anybody take a camera inside of the mineshaft? ive yet to see a photo

It usually looked something like this:

[b]49ers 117[/b]

Visitors 38

[/quote]
Classic[/quote]

Also… That score was pretty realistic during Foster’s reign. Breaking 100 was pretty much standard procedure for us back then.[/quote]
I think it was in the Mineshaft that they gave away a Poulan chainsaw everytime we broke 100.

I was there. That was Colson’s coming out party. Still haven’t replaced that guy at PG.

So is Halton, you just have to be careful about it.

MeMeMe… ;D

I’ve actually got a VHS tape of our game in the MineShaft against East Tennessee State. It was around 1993. I believe the last game played there. I’ll put it on DVD eventually.

? :smiley:

I saw College of Charleston win their very first game as a DI school in the Mine Shaft. I also attended Jeff Mullins basketball camp in there.

? :D[/quote]

Haha! I don’t know how soon “soon” will be. I’ve already put it off for about 10 years now.

Haha! I don’t know how soon “soon” will be. I’ve already put it off for about 10 years now.[/quote]

hah Normmm - I think its becoming well known that this thread will live or die by you… do NNN PROUD! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Haha! I don’t know how soon “soon” will be. I’ve already put it off for about 10 years now.[/quote]

hah Normmm - I think its becoming well known that this thread will live or die by you… do NNN PROUD! :stuck_out_tongue: :D[/quote]

You post a lot more when quarantined in a foreign country.

The Mine Shaft was great. I graduated in 1989 and remember the ETSU game there and Jarvis breaking his wrist. I also remember plenty of racquetball games in the basement and intramural volleyball games in the gym. I also remember Mullins’ first year and playing UNCW in there. My final memory though is my oldest son who is now 15. He was probably 18 months old and we were on the 4th or 5th row. An pre-season exhibition game. You know how squirmy that age can be if you have any children! The team came out for warmups and they took the balls off the racks and began dribbling and shooting. He didn’t move a muscle for 15 minutes. He was amazed and focused on all of those basketballs! Must have been fall of 1996. Nice Father’s Day memory.

hah Normmm - I think its becoming well known that this thread will live or die by you… do NNN PROUD! :stuck_out_tongue: :D[/quote]

You post a lot more when quarantined in a foreign country.[/quote]

If you want to stop him just start posting a bunch of anti-Chinese propaganda… they’ll pick up on it.

You post a lot more when quarantined in a foreign country.[/quote]

I will not deny this.

I recall a game in the Mine Shaft UNCC v Campbell Camels where I was sitting down kind of low on one end just a row or two up from visitor’s bench. Pete’s dad was coach then (Press Maravich) and he was known for losing it. Well he lost it that night and got run. It was pretty hilarious seing Coach Maravich get tossed from Mine Shaft. The bar version had a great promotion where beer actually decreased in cost as the night went on, starting at like 1/per and dropping 10 cents an hour till it was a like a a dime/per. Easy way to get toasted that’s for sure.

press maravich coached app state. this same story has been posted before but it was about maravich being tossed while coaching app state. maybe maravich coached at cambell too. i don’t know.